PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: threads about Specter's media appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spector Wants to meet brady

Saw on the ESPN bottom line. he wants to meet brady to ask if he benefitted. He also wants to meet Matt Walsh. Now ESPNnews has it in its 'breaking news' that he wants to meet goodell ASAP.

This thing has really spoiled a good sunday for me :mad:

Yeah, because brady can keep an eye on the opponent sideline, get the line set up, read coverage, and listen to the play being called through the helmet. And then, he can change the call all within 20 seconds.

I think it may be time for Mr. Specter to visit the same hospital that currently is housing one miss Britney Spears for mental evaluation.

Re: Spector Wants to meet brady

Arlen Specter is a politician racing to get his name in the papers. So what else in new?

He has no jurisdiction for anything. And his hollow threats against the NFL are obvious for all to see.

He has no power to investigate anything, other than to make a show of questioning somebody like Belichick and asking "Did you tape anything else?"

Once he gets an answer "NO." What makes his investigation any different than Goodell's? Will he hold onto, for eternity, the answer "NO", so he won't be "destroying evidence". What a dope.

He would need at least 60 other Senators and 216 House members and a President to fulfill any threat, and they see what he is up to, since they all do it. "I don't care what you say, just spell my name right".

This time like many others, Specter comes off as an idiot. There are other Senators who started investigations that backfired. The guy from Maine, who took on Howard Hughes in behalf of PAN AM was one. And of course Senator McCarthy of Wisconsin, who ended up providing an excuse for a generation of Communists to hide behind their phony consciences, as if they had any, that they really did not want to extinguish Democracy, and impose a totalitarian monstrosity on the USA.

Re: ESPN Radio teaser. Comment from Specter coming up.

Guys.....don't be fooled. He's not as much an Eagles fan as just a politician pandering to a special interest group (Eagles Fans).

A bunch of moronic Eagles fans will enter voting booths and saying, yeah he's an idiot but he stuck up for the Eagles.

That's all this is. As well as creating a bargaining chip for Comcast against the NFL.

Lest you forget there are two set of fans (ie voters) he can garner votes from in Pennsylvania, the Eagles and the Steelers fans who are Patriot victims. And hs is acting as a true mouthpiece for his Comcast patron, to keep the campaign bribes flowing too. Isn't it delightful to see a "trustworthy" pol at work. (ie Staying bought).

Re: ESPN Radio teaser. Comment from Specter coming up.

I sent the following to the Senator's office.

Senator, I am very disappointed that you chose to make a public issue of the Patriots two days before the Super Bowl.

I share the sentiments of many people that our legislators ought to be working on more relevant issues.

I'm not certain what your motive was with this timing.

Just an Eagle fan? That would be despicable.

Concerned with the integrity of the game? Ok, except you identified the Rams as Cardinals and equated stealing signals with stealing cars. I doesn't suggest much of an understanding of the game.

Forcing the NFL to take some action that favors Comcast? Now there is motive more consistent with politics and more believable to me.

What ever your motives are, you have been very disppointing. I used to be a contributor to the Republican Party but this is a prime example of the idiocy of the Republican legislators.

Regardless, stealing signals is a time honored tradition in the NFL and other sports. That's why they have heavy security around practice sites. That's why George Allen was infamous for his paranoia.

It only proves one thing about the Patriots, Bill Belichick is better at doing it whatever that is than anyone else.

You would serve the country better if after your conversation with Roger Goodell, you admitted that you were overly concerned and all is well with the world.

You can excuse this rant as coming for a Patriots fan but I think it's more of an objective analysis from a football fan than we are getting from your office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back