PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Speculation on additional WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Available receivers?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Torry Holt brought back.

Hank Baskett, Marty Booker, Antonio Bryant, Mark Bradley, Demetrius Byrd, Laverneus Coles, Kevin Curtis, Chris Davis, Devard Darling, Greg Lewis.

Also, Jenkins could be signed from the practice squad.

I forgot about Jenkins. I loved the kid's energy, though I worry he's a Bam Childress type who excels in the preseason against backups and can't play in the real games. Still, an option for sure if he's been practicing well.

Hank Baskett, Marty Booker, Antonio Bryant, Mark Bradley, Demetrius Byrd, Laverneus Coles, Kevin Curtis, Chris Davis, Devard Darling, Greg Lewis.

Didn't Torry get a job with ESPN?

I think he may like his new job

Jenkins could be signed to fill the 53rd slot, but Price is bigger and faster so I am thinking they would go with Price first. Someone said that Price's hands were not really soft - Ben Watson was strong and fast but balls bounced off his hands. Let's hope it is not the same.

Jenkins could be signed to fill the 53rd slot, but Price is bigger and faster so I am thinking they would go with Price first. Someone said that Price's hands were not really soft - Ben Watson was strong and fast but balls bounced off his hands. Let's hope it is not the same.

Price is already on the team and is now the 4th receiver. We're talking about who takes the roster spot and what receivers are available. Please try and stay on the subject.

Sign a three down defensive lineman for godssakes. Mike Wright is once again giving me nightmares.

Don't need another receiver in my opinion. Hernandez is here already and better than anyone we're going to lure here.

Sign a three down defensive lineman for godssakes. Mike Wright is once again giving me nightmares.

Don't need another receiver in my opinion. Hernandez is here already and better than anyone we're going to lure here.

Would you please provide a list of all these 3 down defensive linemen who are available? Also, could you notate how often they've played in a 3-4 defense and played in a nickle or dime package that only puts 2 defensive linemen on the field.

Would you please provide a list of all these 3 down defensive linemen who are available? Also, could you notate how often they've played in a 3-4 defense and played in a nickle or dime package that only puts 2 defensive linemen on the field.

Sure thing chicken wing. We can trade for one. Just like everyone in here is suggesting we do for another receiver.

Mike Wright saw plenty of field on Monday night. Replace him immediately.

Isnt Dwayne Jarret available?:rolleyes:We will go to war with wat we have.

Some interesting names. Jenkins looks good, I guess it depends on how much they want to school him. I like Booker, has he really dropped off? Curtis is another one. Coles had talent, but kind of a head case.

Maybe Jenkins and a smart vet. Looks like Curtis might be on the mend?

Sam Aiken, the man with a 9 character name

Last edited:

Sure thing chicken wing. We can trade for one. Just like everyone in here is suggesting we do for another receiver.

Umm.. that's not providing a list. And you said you wanted them to sign one.

I see you are one of these people who don't actually say what you mean and then get all riled up because you get called on it.

BTW, still waiting for that list.

I think his point is, if we could easily trade for top DLinemen, we wouldn't have spent three firsts and a second. On the other hand, people often overdraft WRs and replace them on a whim leaving decent ones available.

I think his point is, if we could easily trade for top DLinemen, we wouldn't have spent three firsts and a second. On the other hand, people often overdraft WRs and replace them on a whim leaving decent ones available.

My point was that if there was actually a "3 down" defensive lineman available to SIGN, that would be an upgrade over Mike Wright, that the Pats would have done so already.

The Pats really "only" need a D-lineman who can play RDE in the 3-4 who can control the gaps and allow the LBers to make plays. They don't need a "3 down D-lineman". Not with the way they run their Nickle and Dime Packages.

I found the Pats game plan of moving Wilfork (for the most part) to LDE and forcing the Dolphins to run to the weak-side very unique. What surprised me is that the Pats didn't shift the LBers over to that side more.

How about Earthwind Moreland? ;)

Some interesting names. Jenkins looks good, I guess it depends on how much they want to school him. I like Booker, has he really dropped off? Curtis is another one. Coles had talent, but kind of a head case.

Maybe Jenkins and a smart vet. Looks like Curtis might be on the mend?

I was thinking the same thing, that guy got speed. But i would much rather try to get a deal with Vincent Jackson and give up a pick than a 3rd rounder for moss.

I'd be interested to see what Coles could do. It also would tweak the Green Beans, who said when they cut him that they'd bring him back when/if they could.

I'd be interested to see what Coles could do. It also would tweak the Green Beans, who said when they cut him that they'd bring him back when/if they could.

Coles was also a guy who always hurt the Pats when we played against them.

Re: Gaffney: "I loved New England and being a Patriot"

He made some great catches, like the indy afc championship game, or the one against miami where he stole it away from the defender.. He is going to be missed...:mad:

I love the catch he made against the Ravens in "07" to end that game

I'm fine moving forward with what we have. Tate, Hernandez, Gronk, BJGE and Woodhead have earned first crack at featured roles. They've been the offensive core through the past 3 games, and they've looked good.

It's frustrating not no longer be able to rely a future HOF to deliver a dozen game changing catches a year. At the same rate there's an excitement to watching a young offense emerge and come into its own. Monday was the most fun I've had watching a Patirots game in 3 years.

Please trade for Calvin Johnson

His talents are being completely wasted with the Detriot Lions. They are 0-4 yet again and going nowhere fast. Why not offer some draft picks and maybe a disgruntled Logan Mankins to acquire a potential young stud WR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft