PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McFadden 4.27 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta, Oakland, or the Jets could all be spots for McFadden. Oakland resigning Fargas won't keep them from taking McFadden. Fargas is good, but he is not in the same class as McFadden (especially now that he dropped a 4.27). Russell and McFadden has the makings of a pretty good core if you are Al Davis.

they have Michael Bush too and a big crappy Dline.

it could happen never said it would. Miami wont take him they have alot of RBs and Parcells wont do it. STlouis has Steven Jackson. Atlanta he could easily go there. They could go with Matt Ryan too. Oakland just resigned Fargas and has Michael Bush in the wings, i bet they go with one of the two big DTs. KC has Larry Johnson plus they wont pass on Jake Long or Clady.

So that leaves the Jets. McFadden could easily go there Thomas Jones is a scrub. Mangini might want to go defense for the 3-4 and Gholston could be a realistic pick.

So it depends on Atlanta really, they need to take Ryan for McFadden to fall. Also wouldnt rule out some team trading up. I think our #7 spot is the lowest McFadden could fall.

Fargas is a back I like, but he isn't nearly good enough to keep the Raiders and their ape sh*t owner from drafting McFadden. If anything Fargas could be a good rotational back to have with McFadden. His got a pretty decent contract (3 years $12M or 4M per, $6M is guaranteed), but that's not really enough to keep that owner from drafting McFadden. I liked Michael Bush in college, but that injury was awful, he hasn't done anything in the pros yet, and they don't have that much invested in him, so I wouldn't at all use him in an argument against their selecting McFadden.

If anything this means Ellis could be there for the Jets. Gholston could be sitting at 7th for NE, and we'll all find out if NE wants him, or not. If the Jets take Gholston, then Ellis could be available, and Someone might be interested in trading up for him.

I hope they trade down and select either Rivers, Cason, or Rodgers-Cromartie.

Also, McFadden's running a 4.27 might be what it took to drive Jerry Jones overboard concerning trading up for him. So, I doubt he's on the board at 7th, and I'm really not even sure he'll be on the board at 6th.

Last edited:
4.27 speed. Great athletism, leadership, makes players around him better, elite competativness, explosive running game.

Leadership doesn't come with Faulk? Speed doesn't come with Maroney? How did McFadden make the line better when other RBs on his team had phenomenal production as well? Was McFadden making Felix Jones run for a higher ypc from the bench? I don't think competitiveness is lacking in the group of Morris, Faulk, Maroney, Evans, and Eckel, either. They already have a running game that has an explosive element (Maroney), a "physical" guy (Morris), and a third-down player (Faulk). Morris has been a back-up and STer his whole career, what makes you think he can't last the length of his contract (another three seasons)? Taking any RB at seven when the depth chart is already full with productive players and there are many more pressing situations to be addressed is not only foolish, it is stupid.

Fargas is a back I like, but he isn't nearly good enough to keep the Raiders and their ape sh*t owner from drafting McFadden. If anything Fargas could be a good rotational back to have with McFadden. His got a pretty decent contract (3 years $12M or 4M per, $6M is guaranteed), but that's not really enough to keep that owner from draft McFadden. I liked Michael Bush in college, but that injury was awful, he hasn't done anything in the pros yet, and they don't have that much invested in him, so I wouldn't at all use him in an argument against their selecting McFadden.

If anything this means Ellis could be there for the Jets. Gholston could be sitting at 7th for NE, and we'll all find out if NE wants him, or not. If the Jets take Gholston, then Ellis could be available, and Someone might be interested in trading up for him.

Also, McFadden's running a 4.27 might be what it took to drive Jerry Jones overboard concerning trading up for him. So, I doubt he's on the board at 7th, and I'm really not even sure he'll be on the board at 6th.

Agreed. I doubt that KC would pick him, but they know first hand how important it is to have more than one back. Heck, so does St. Louis.

I think that Adrian Peterson's success last year make everyone think twice about passing on McFadden even if they are OK at running back.

Taking any RB at seven when the depth chart is already full with productive players and there are many more pressing situations to be addressed is not only foolish, it is stupid.
Especially considering the New England Patriots may only be down to one proven cornerback on the roster after free agency.

Fargas is a back I like, but he isn't nearly good enough to keep the Raiders and their ape sh*t owner from drafting McFadden. If anything Fargas could be a good rotational back to have with McFadden. His got a pretty decent contract (3 years $12M or 4M per, $6M is guaranteed), but that's not really enough to keep that owner from draft McFadden. I liked Michael Bush in college, but that injury was awful, he hasn't done anything in the pros yet, and they don't have that much invested in him, so I wouldn't at all use him in an argument against their selecting McFadden.

i agree with that, i dont think Fargas and Bush are enough to not take McFadden. My feeling is they like Fargas and will give Bush a chance to show what he can do and will go with one of the two big DTs. Atlanta will have a tough decision between Ryan and McFadden, could go either way imo. If Atlanta takes Ryan i could see McFadden falling to the Jets or Pats.

Agreed. I doubt that KC would pick him, but they know first hand how important it is to have more than one back. Heck, so does St. Louis.

I think that Adrian Peterson's success last year make everyone think twice about passing on McFadden even if they are OK at running back.
Kansas City needs to re-tool the offensive line especially at the offensive tackle position.

theres no CB would the #7 spot. McFadden is BPA and we could use another RB actually. If McFadden is on the board the pats will take him or they will trade the pick to some team for a fortune, like Dallas.

You keep spewing the same BS Briz. The Pats do NOT need another RB. They have 3 already. And they sure as hell don't need a top draft pick who is an over-rated pick. Sorry, But even at running a 4.27 it doesn't do a damn thing if he can't hit the holes he's supposed to. Did you even watch his bowl game stinker? Or were you to busy on your knees in front of him?

The Pats WON'T take McFadden if he's on the board. BANK ON IT.

Oh, and just a quick note, McFadden fumbled 23 times in college. Maroney didn't fumble the a single ball in 2007, and only fumbled ONCE in 2006.

Last edited:
Leadership doesn't come with Faulk? Speed doesn't come with Maroney? How did McFadden make the line better when other RBs on his team had phenomenal production as well? Was McFadden making Felix Jones run for a higher ypc from the bench? I don't think competitiveness is lacking in the group of Morris, Faulk, Maroney, Evans, and Eckel, either. They already have a running game that has an explosive element (Maroney), a "physical" guy (Morris), and a third-down player (Faulk). Morris has been a back-up and STer his whole career, what makes you think he can't last the length of his contract (another three seasons)? Taking any RB at seven when the depth chart is already full with productive players and there are many more pressing situations to be addressed is not only foolish, it is stupid.

im sorry but not to be rude you just cannot see "it". McFadden has "it". You need to study his manurisms, the players manurism when they are around him, the effect he has on others in conjunction with his elite football skills. No Maroney, Morris, and Faulk do not have it.

4.27 speed. Great athletism, leadership, makes players around him better, elite competativness, explosive running game.

Ok. Yep. NOPE. NOPE. Guess you didn't watch the bowl game. good running, but hardly explosive the way you claim. Otherwise he wouldn't have disappeared in the Bowl game.

Especially considering the New England Patriots may only be down to one proven cornerback on the roster after free agency.

Unless Jake Long falls to seven, I don't see any way the Patriots select an offensive player with that pick. The best available defensive back, pass rusher, or ILB if they feel Rivers is worth it... all those areas are needs because they don't have anyone on the roster who can play the position or they could use the upgrade/rotational situation. Running back makes zero sense to me. Zero.

You keep spewing the same BS Briz. The Pats do NOT need another RB. They have 3 already. And they sure as hell don't need a top draft pick who is an over-rated pick. Sorry, But even at running a 4.27 it doesn't do a damn thing if he can't hit the holes he's supposed to. Did you even watch his bowl game stinker? Or were you to busy on your knees in front of him?

The Pats WON'T take McFadden if he's on the board. BANK ON IT.

the pats have 4-5 OTs too already doesnt mean they cant be upgraded. McFadden upgrades every one of our backs.

Gholston had a horrible bowl game too. And Moss was nowhere in the playoffs. Doesnt mean anything, if your a good football player your a good football player.

Last edited:
im sorry but not to be rude you just cannot see "it". McFadden has "it". You need to study his manurisms, the players manurism when they are around him, the effect he has on others in conjunction with his elite football skills. No Maroney, Morris, and Faulk do not have it.
im sorry but not to be rude you just cannot see "it".

The New England Patriots will most likely be down to one proven cornerback on the roster after free agency. The New York Jets will probably overpay Randall Gay while Asante Samuel will have at least one team paying him well over $50 million if not $60 million.

McFadden doesn't have "IT" . That is the problem with him. As for his MANURISMS, sorry, but what does his bodily functions have to do with how he plays?

McFadden benefited plenty from FELIX JONES, who many at Arkansas says was the better RB.

Keep blowing McFadden's greatness out of proportion, Briz. You'll just fall flat on your face.

OH, and, BTW, Maroney has elite football skills and is learning how to use them in this system. Morris is better than a JAG. Faulk is still one of the best 3rd down backs in the league.

BTW, let me know when McFadden learns how to block and pick up a blitz. OH, and let me know when he learns to stop fumbling the ball..

im sorry but not to be rude you just cannot see "it".

The New England Patriots will most likely be down to one proven cornerback on the roster after free agency. The New York Jets will probably overpay Randall Gay while Asante Samuel will have at least one team paying him well over $50 million if not $60 million.

we have more than one pick. Samuel was a 4th round pick and Hobbs a 3rd you know. Theres no CB in this draft worth taking over McFadden.

Last edited:
Unless Jake Long falls to seven, I don't see any way the Patriots select an offensive player with that pick. The best available defensive back, pass rusher, or ILB if they feel Rivers is worth it... all those areas are needs because they don't have anyone on the roster who can play the position or they could use the upgrade/rotational situation. Running back makes zero sense to me. Zero.
Even if for some odd reason McFadden does fall to number seven, I'm sure Belichick/Pioli will be on the phone with Jerry Jones in Dallas. Two number one draft picks in the second half of the first round provides better value for the New England Patriots.

McFadden doesn't have "IT" . That is the problem with him. As for his MANURISMS, sorry, but what does his bodily functions have to do with how he plays?

McFadden benefited plenty from FELIX JONES, who many at Arkansas says was the better RB.

Keep blowing McFadden's greatness out of proportion, Briz. You'll just fall flat on your face.

OH, and, BTW, Maroney has elite football skills and is learning how to use them in this system. Morris is better than a JAG. Faulk is still one of the best 3rd down backs in the league.

BTW, let me know when McFadden learns how to block and pick up a blitz. OH, and let me know when he learns to stop fumbling the ball..

you sound like you have a personal grudge against him.

Theres way more to finding special players than what you see on the football field.

the pats have 4-5 OTs too already doesnt mean they cant be upgraded. McFadden upgrades every one of our backs.

Gholston had a horrible bowl game too. And Moss was nowhere in the playoffs. Doesnt mean anything, if your a good football player your a good football player.

You're an imbecile, as always.

1) I am not touting Gholston.

2) The Pats may have 4 OTs, but 3 of them are JAGs. What does that mean? It means that they can add a player and be that much more effective because that upgrade would be on the field every play immediately. You wouldn't get that with McFadden. That's what you don't understand.

3) McFadden doesn't upgrade every one of our backs because the Patriots will NOT carry 4 RBs. It actually hurts the RBs because it puts Maroney and his salary on the bench. But, i wouldn't expect you to understand that, Briz. You are as short-sighted as ever when it comes to your binkies.

4) Moss was drawing all the double and triple teams in the play-offs moron. How do you think Welker got open so much and wasn't double or triple covered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye