PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 OT/PTP Thread

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OT/PTP Thread

Tier 1A
Darnell Wright - 6'6/335 - Tennessee

Peter Skoronski - 6'4/295 - Northwestern

Matthew Bergeron - 6'5/320 - Syracuse

Broderick Jones - 6'4/315 - Georgia

Zion Nelson - 6'5/315 - Miami

Tier 1B
Anton Harrison - 6'5/310 - Oklahoma

Blake Freeland - 6'8/305 - BYU

Paris Johnson - 6'6/315 - OSU

Carter Warren - 6'5/315 - Pittsburgh

Jaxson Kirkland - 6'7/310 - Washington

Warren McClendon - 6'4/300 - Georgia

Doug Nester - 6'7/320 - West Virginia

Tier 2
Olumuyiwa Fashanu - 6'6/310 - PSU

Christian Jones - 6'6/315 - Texas

Dawand Jones - 6'8/360 - OSU

Richard Gouraige - 6'5/310 - Florida

Ryan Hayes - 6'7/310 ‐ Michigan

Robert Scott - 6'5/310 - FSU

Tier 3
Dontae Bull - 6'7/325 - Fresno St

Caedan Wallace - 6'5/320 - PSU

Myles Hinton - 6'7/330 - Stanford

Matthew Bedford - 6'6/310 - Indiana

Connor Galvin - 6'7/310 - Baylor

Jaelyn Duncan - 6'6/320 - Maryland

Wanya Morris - 6'5/310 - Oklahoma

Cody Mauch - 6'6/305 - North Dakota St

Tier 4
Earl Bostick Jr - 6'6/310 - Kansas

Jordan McFadden - 6'2/310 - Clemson

Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu - 6'6/315 - Oregon

Imagine having Dawand Jones at RT with Trent Brown at LT.. You won't be saying "Where's the beef" then..

To me as it stands right now OT is the biggest need going into the next offseason. I can’t imagine Wynn staying after this year and Brown’s injury history is concerning, and they basically have nobody else that is particularly good and reliable with all due respect to Cannon. It won’t matter, however, unless they have the right coaching in place and no, I don’t think Patricia/Yates is the best choice there.

Nevertheless I really appreciate this thread being started now, these make it more fun for me to watch college football. So far I have liked what I’ve seen of Skoronski and Paris Johnson but no one yet has stood out as a no doubt high 1st rounder. I wasn’t very impressed with last year’s class until I saw Tyler Smith, the OT from Tulsa that Dallas took (1st round, 24th pick).

Last edited:
To me as it stands right now OT is the biggest need going into the next offseason. I can’t imagine Wynn staying after this year and Brown’s injury history is concerning, and they basically have nobody else that is particularly good and reliable with all due respect to Cannon. It won’t matter, however, unless they have the right coaching in place and no, I don’t think Patricia/Yates is the best choice there.

Nevertheless I really appreciate this thread being started now, these make it more fun for me to watch college football. So far I have liked what I’ve seen of Skoronski and Paris Johnson but no one yet has stood out as a no doubt high 1st rounder. I wasn’t very impressed with last year’s class until I saw Tyler Smith, the OT from Tulsa that Dallas took (1st round, 24th pick).
There's no doubt it's at the top of the list with what we have. Definitely not as strong as the previous few classes but we know how to scout OL. I'm not worried about finding talent. Just the chemistry of everyone trying to come together with a new OL and QB.

To me as it stands right now OT is the biggest need going into the next offseason.
Truer words cannot be spoken.

The Syracuse kid is solid. Then take a late flier on another OT

The Patriots could have done better than seventh round Steuber this last draft. About twenty picks later the Rams took another Big Ten OT from 60 some odd miles away who has more potential.

No more tackles who lack upper body strength. Steuber could only muster 17 bench presses, a poor demonstration of power.

Paris Johnson, Matthew Bergeron, and Matthew Bedford are leading candidates to study for a look-see when I’m not watching Bill Burr.

Ohio State, Syracuse, and Indiana for the uninitiated.

I saw him live. He was dominant. Jaelyn Duncan from Maryland is too low in the ratings.

I can see him as a first rounder. Pure athleticism coupled with excellent length and girth.

Like John Hannah said of Leon Gray, “He makes it look easy.”

Love the name and picture.

I’ve been watching Blake freeland of byu. He been fairly impressive in his pass sets and overall pass protection. Moves pretty good and has ok knee bend. Could probably sink his hips better, and definitely needs to get much stronger. But as a second round pick, this guy could start at tackle for us next year.

If bb, can figure out how to get freeland if byu and Duncan of Maryland , we would be set at left and right tackle.

Watched Skowronski today, was not that impressed with him vs OSU. Johnson from OSU looked like a better prospect in this game.

Watched Skowronski today, was not that impressed with him vs OSU. Johnson from OSU looked like a better prospect in this game.
Skowronski is a guard in the nfl,

We need to triple dip on the tackle position in 2023 like we did at guard in 2022 with Strange, Hines, and Butterworth. Oops. Steuber.

Not necessary, tho, if we bring in a legitimate free agent OT.

Paris Johnson of Ohio State played well against Georgia. A bit of a bounce back game as the previous one against Michigan he was spotty at times.

He made some money with that performance. I can easily envision him as a Patriots first-round pick to play LT.

OT/PTP Thread

Tier 1A
Darnell Wright - 6'6/335 - Tennessee

Peter Skoronski - 6'4/295 - Northwestern

Matthew Bergeron - 6'5/320 - Syracuse

Broderick Jones - 6'4/315 - Georgia

Zion Nelson - 6'5/315 - Miami

Tier 1B
Anton Harrison - 6'5/310 - Oklahoma

Blake Freeland - 6'8/305 - BYU

Paris Johnson - 6'6/315 - OSU

Carter Warren - 6'5/315 - Pittsburgh

Jaxson Kirkland - 6'7/310 - Washington

Warren McClendon - 6'4/300 - Georgia

Doug Nester - 6'7/320 - West Virginia

Tier 2
Olumuyiwa Fashanu - 6'6/310 - PSU

Christian Jones - 6'6/315 - Texas

Dawand Jones - 6'8/360 - OSU

Richard Gouraige - 6'5/310 - Florida

Ryan Hayes - 6'7/310 ‐ Michigan

Robert Scott - 6'5/310 - FSU

Tier 3
Dontae Bull - 6'7/325 - Fresno St

Caedan Wallace - 6'5/320 - PSU

Myles Hinton - 6'7/330 - Stanford

Matthew Bedford - 6'6/310 - Indiana

Connor Galvin - 6'7/310 - Baylor

Jaelyn Duncan - 6'6/320 - Maryland

Wanya Morris - 6'5/310 - Oklahoma

Cody Mauch - 6'6/305 - North Dakota St

Tier 4
Earl Bostick Jr - 6'6/310 - Kansas

Jordan McFadden - 6'2/310 - Clemson

Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu - 6'6/315 - Oregon
Not bad for October.

Wanted to wait on IOL bc we seem to be set there but Andrews is a wildcard? Will have to look at his contract but he's a big wildcard obviously.

I was just talking about this with someone but man Scar is missed. He wasn't just good, obviously. He was one of the 5-10 best ever. Justis had some data on this, I'll look for it but there was a gap between Dante and the next guy. And there's some really good OL coaches in this league.

Elite coaching, like players. Makes a huge difference in terms of flexibility in what you can do and get away with.

Needless to say, in terms of personnel. All eyes will be in the OL this off-season.

Mauch is a low-key pick for us. Harrison Freeland, Steen. Wright or Big D Jones at RT would be huge in every aspect.

Mauch is great for an outside zone scheme like West Coast offense teams use like the Broncos, 49ers, or the Rams.

We implemented it with underwhelming results in the preseason. We seem to have gone away from it.

Broderick Jones. Paris Johnson Jr. Jaelyn Duncan. Matthew Bergeron. My eyes are focused on these four. I am familiar with them. I don’t have the wherewithal to do more research.

Jones will likely be gone too early in the first. Bergeron is durable and I love his size. I think he’ll be available late first or early second. Syracuse isn’t as sexy as Georgia or Ohio State.

We need a LT. Desperately. Then we can move Trent Brown to RT. And Cajuste and McDermott can back up LT and RT, respectively.

Wynn? He gone.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes