PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayock laughs at the Barwin-ites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if you go back in history, you'll find a TON of candidates who were successful playing both sides of the ball. I am not ignoring anything.

Then why can't you name any players in the past 20 years who did this? I named John Lynch, Trevor Scott, who made the switch from college to the NFL. Troy Brown did it for one season after an emergency and he certainly wasn't a starting corner back.

If you keep insisting there are "TONS" of players who became good DEFENSIVE players in the NFL after limited defensive play in college, then name them instead of dragging the thread with more mud as you always do when you don't have substance.

Last edited:
Then why can't you name any players in the past 20 years who did this? I named John Lynch, Trevor Scott, who made the switch from college to the NFL. Troy Brown did it for one season after an emergency and he certainly wasn't a starting corner back.

If you keep insisting there are "TONS" of players who became good DEFENSIVE players in the NFL after limited defensive play in college, then name them instead of dragging the thread with more mud as you always do when you don't have substance.

You are a joke. You keep changing the goalposts just so that things fit YOUR argument. It doesn't matter how people have shown you to be wrong on the rest of it. You just ignore those parts, cherry pick what you want and spin things as you go.

Please name me ONE TE prior to Antonio Gates who had never played football in college, yet stepped on the field and had some modicum of success?

Please name me one GUARD prior to Stephen Neal who never played football in college, yet stepped on the field and had some modicum of success?

The reason I do this is because there are always exceptions to the rule. And that's what I've tried to point out to you time and again. Yet, you just play ignorant with it.

Also, if you had actually read what I said, which you clearly didn't, I said there were players in history who played both sides of the ball. And I am sure there were players back in the 30's and 40's who never played football in college, yet came out and were successful.

As for the last 20 years, why put a time frame on it? So that it only supports YOUR idea that it can't happen?

Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't. That is what you continue to fail to understand.

Please name me ONE TE prior to Antonio Gates who had never played football in college, yet stepped on the field and had some modicum of success?

Please name me one GUARD prior to Stephen Neal who never played football in college, yet stepped on the field and had some modicum of success?

So now you're saying Barwin is going to be a future pro bowler like Gates?

Funny how in all of this verbal diarrhea you've been spewing, you still can't name an NFL defensive player in the past two decades.

As for Gates and Neal, a post-up power forward playing TE and a college champion wrestler turned offensive guard, is a LOT different from the magic you're spinning regarding Barwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes