PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe the Pats should shoot for a piece of the action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary:
Broncos get #22 in the first-The lose Marshall

Hawks keep their #6 away from the Broncos, get Marshall and get a second round pick #53-They lose #14 and Tatupu

Patriots get #14, and get ILB Tatupu-Patriots lose #22 and #53

Not bad, but you aren't thinking big enough. Much like trading up from a red paperclip to a 2-story house, this would just be the first step in a series of transactions to flip the #22 pick into owning the new Giants Stadium. The Pats then proceed to demolish the new stadium, leaving only Gate D standing (the only real excitement for Jets fans anyway). This forces the Giants to play all their home games in San Antonio except for the 2012 home game against the Saints played in New Orleans (karma). The Pats now dominate all the northeast markets and turn the resulting monetary windfall into paying non-Patriot players NOT to play for ANY team (take that salary cap!). The Pats string together 7 consecutive undefeated seasons competing against teams with rosters made up of Australian-rules footballers (can't pass worth a lick but boy can they punt!) and members of the 1972 Dolphins (more karma)...their string of dominance only halted by the end of the world in 2017 (damn Mayan calendar was always running slow).

Or they could draft Odrick with pick #22 and hope for the best.

Last edited:
There is nothing unethical about it. But Would BB do it to McDaniel? And the question then becomes would denver match rather than getting the 22nd?

They are much less likely to match getting the 6th even if the money is somewhat reasonable

the cameras beg to differ

Really? Are you kidding me a Spygate reference from a "Patriot" fan?You my friend are the reason I joined this forum,I was so tired of your insulting other members and the team. I have started a thread in the new members forum that I would like all of my fellow members to read. But dont just read it my fellow Pat fans, lets clean this place. I ask you to not let tanked or anyone else bring this board down, ask Ian to ban him for his namecalling and false fan act. Ian I ask you to ban this guy please he is insulting all your members and all Patriots fans,and making this a place that I want to come to less and less. Thank you Patsfan and Ian for listening to my rant.

the cameras beg to differ

what's unethical? denver is refusing to even discuss a deal with the seahawks...I guess its their right, but like any other situation.....if they want him, they should sign him and if they don't they should deal him and not hold him hostage

don't sweat the ethics....nobody in the NFL does

Since when is circumventing the intent of the rules of the NFL or any business organization not unethical? And you don't think Mr. Kraft would have any problem doing this? He is a respected business man, a thoughtful leader and he values his position in the NFL community of owners. That goes for BB as well. You cannot believe that either of these men would actively participate in such a transparent scheme that would tarnish their respective legacies forever.

If that's not enough, this would be an absolutely disastrous PR move for the Patriots, especially coming off the camera episode which still lives in the hearts and minds of Pats haters universally.

Your response and your thinking are dumbfounding.

Not bad, but you aren't thinking big enough. Much like trading up from a red paperclip to a 2-story house, this would just be the first step in a series of transactions to flip the #22 pick into owning the new Giants Stadium. The Pats then proceed to demolish the new stadium, leaving only Gate D standing (the only real excitement for Jets fans anyway). This forces the Giants to play all their home games in San Antonio except for the 2012 home game against the Saints played in New Orleans (karma). The Pats now dominate all the northeast markets and turn the resulting monetary windfall into paying non-Patriot players NOT to play for ANY team (take that salary cap!). The Pats string together 7 consecutive undefeated seasons competing against teams with rosters made up of Australian-rules footballers (can't pass worth a lick but boy can they punt!) and members of the 1972 Dolphins (more karma)...their string of dominance only halted by the end of the world in 2017 (damn Mayan calendar was always running slow).

Or they could draft Odrick with pick #22 and hope for the best.

Yep I totally agree. That Ordick is an proven NFL player. Where do I sign up? What is the over/under on Canton?
DW Toys

Really? Are you kidding me a Spygate reference from a "Patriot" fan?You my friend are the reason I joined this forum,I was so tired of your insulting other members and the team. I have started a thread in the new members forum that I would like all of my fellow members to read. But dont just read it my fellow Pat fans, lets clean this place. I ask you to not let tanked or anyone else bring this board down, ask Ian to ban him for his namecalling and false fan act. Ian I ask you to ban this guy please he is insulting all your members and all Patriots fans,and making this a place that I want to come to less and less. Thank you Patsfan and Ian for listening to my rant.

an objective person we see the spygate situation for wht it was worth....the only people in the world who think everything was on the up and up are pats fans......even people who don't care either way saw it as dishonest.....

rant and rave all you want, but you'll need to do better if you really want to be objective

I would like to know when I called someone anything that was not previously instigated.

Last edited:
Since when is circumventing the intent of the rules of the NFL or any business organization not unethical? And you don't think Mr. Kraft would have any problem doing this? He is a respected business man, a thoughtful leader and he values his position in the NFL community of owners. That goes for BB as well. You cannot believe that either of these men would actively participate in such a transparent scheme that would tarnish their respective legacies forever.

If that's not enough, this would be an absolutely disastrous PR move for the Patriots, especially coming off the camera episode which still lives in the hearts and minds of Pats haters universally.

Your response and your thinking are dumbfounding.

no more or less so than the concept of the original post.

again, only pats fans believe the situation was clean.....people who don't care either way saw it as a pretty blatant disregard for the rules....the evfent just made it really easy for the haters to be jsutified

since there are no rules about the original proposal, I don't see why anyone would deem the original proposal as unethical.....but since ethics was brought up, I indulged.....

I never thought football could be made into such a 'sensitive-guy' sport.......

Brandon Marshall is a big name

Don't expect the Patriots to show any interesnt. Now maybe if he was an 18th string practice squad backup/waterboy we would get in on it

an objective person we see the spygate situation for wht it was worth....the only people in the world who think everything was on the up and up are pats fans......even people who don't care either way saw it as dishonest.....

rant and rave all you want, but you'll need to do better if you really want to be objective

I would like to know when I called someone anything that was not previously instigated.

You really should read your past posts more often, because you have a terrible memory!

and you would have come up with a post if there was one.......show me where I initiated name calling....

What is the point, you'll just claim it was out of context. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore