PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maurice Jones-Drew up for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the New England Patriots look for a backup swing tackle instead?

stop making sense..you'll derail this very important thread

This offense doesnt need another RB, it needs a functional and reliable line.

stop making sense..you'll derail this very important thread
This thread is nothing more of a repeat of a supposed availability of the Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte earlier this year. All this thread needs is another annoying Incarcerated Bob tweet.

Which eventually led to securing even more costly and explosive aerial weapons for Brady including a thousand plus yard slot receiver and a very expensive deep threat and UDFA BJGE becoming the primary back here for a time.

Isn't that a bit revisionist?

Corey Dillon didn't lead to the Pats trading for Welker and Moss. Moss was too good a deal to pass up—heck, they already had Stallworth and Kelley Washington in addition to Welker when they made the trade for Moss. That's not desperation, that's arbitrage.

As for Welker, it was again just a match made in heaven, at a ridiculously cheap price.

getting more costly and explosive aerial weapons came about because of a certain wide eyed drop in the end zone in an AFCCG at the end of the 2006 season.

The Colts is a great fit. Sorta like Marshall Faulk with Manning when he came in as a rookie.

I don't see how the Jets can afford him, or put together a package to get him, unless they'd be willing to ship Revis to Jacksonville. Rex would never let that happen.

If I'm Indy, I do what I can to make a move for him. Luck sure looks like the real deal, but adding one of the best RBs in the league would instantly make their offense very dangerous, and may be exactly what's needed to take pressure off Luck.

Would BB add him to the team? Heck, yeah (even on a 2 year rental).

2 things preventing that from happening:
1) He'll want more money that we'd be willing to offer (and I doubt he'd take a discount to play on a contender).

2) No matter what the Pats would offer, there's a GM (or five) out there that would offer more.

Aaron Hernandez, Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, and a 3rd, :D

You're kidding right? I would not give up AHern in a trade for MJD. AH is about to blow up this year. Ridley and a 3rd, well I'd have to think about it. But generally young RBs are better to have than ones who have a lot of wear on their tires already.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Does a trade happen? Or does MJD come to play? He loses big bucks not showing up for season games. The new owner is a hard ass and will get what he thinks is best for the team, MJD or no.

I don't see why Bill would not consider a trade for him. He has less mileage than Dillon had by about 400 carries when that trade was made. Corey was 30, MJD is only 27. Dillon was traded for a 2nd.

His salary this year is reported to be 4.5 and a guess next years at 5.5 so your looking at 10 mill over two years. I am thinking the choice of Vereen or Ridley and a 3rd that could go to a 2nd if Ridley/Vereen does not pan out for them.

While MJD won't get any more money, most likely his carries will decrease significantly. Which will allow him to have a little more thread in two years.
The jags get a younger player, save 10 mill in salary and a top 100 draft choice and get rid of the headache.

Last edited:
I don't see why Bill would not consider a trade for him. He has less mileage than Dillon had by about 400 carries when that trade was made. Corey was 30, MJD is only 27. Dillon was traded for a 2nd.

His salary this year is reported to be 4.5 and a guess next years at 5.5 so your looking at 10 mill over two years. I am thinking the choice of Vereen or Ridley and a 3rd that could go to a 2nd if Ridley/Vereen does not pan out for them.

While MJD won't get any more money, most likely his carries will decrease significantly. Which will allow him to have a little more thread in two years.
The jags get a younger player, save 10 mill in salary and a top 100 draft choice and get rid of the headache.

I missed the part where MJD suddenly decides he's OK to play with the length and $ amount of his contract to play a smaller career role here. NFW does this happen.

Last edited:
giveing up draft picks for a player thats looking to get paid... thats just not how the pats work if they are going to trade picks it will be for a guy with a small contract

That is, without peer, the stupidest Trade Proposal I've ever read, here.

Tom Brady, Gronk, Lloyd, and Wilfork for MJD. Now that is the stupidest trade proposal ever :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft