PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars=Stupid team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are talking trash. Nice try playing spin doctor.

Ok buddy. You win. Maurice Jones-Drew and Fred Taylor are the biggest trash-talkers in the league. You caught me.

It's outstanding how little people know. The media highlighted two of the most gracious, team-oriented guys in the league and tried to persecute them, and all I get from you is "Nice try playing spin doctor?"

I'm a writer myself. I've written for sports entities around the nation. Trust me when I tell you the media has an agenda when it writes. It wants a story. It will do whatever it can to get one, even if that means taking things out of context and skewing reality. But whatever, I'm over it. I'm going to continue sitting here, knowing about players like Ernest Wilford who this week invited the kids of a family that cooked breakfast for him at a diner every morning, to stay with him for the day rather than stay at the hospital with the parents that were in a car wreck the night before. I'll continue to know about stories like that, while you continue to believe guys like Maurice Drew, Paul Spicer and the rest of the team are dirty trash talkers because it fits the perception you want. You know what the media tells you. It's not your team, so you don't care about the whole story. That's reality. That's life. I understand it. But don't think for a second they don't pick and choose what to highlight, and the context in which they present it. Enjoy your day, and the game.

Last edited:
AFC Playoff Power Rankings as of 1/11/08

Jaguars* 1-0
Chargers 1-0
Patriots 0-0
Colts 0-0
Steelers 0-1
Titans 0-1

*Won in spite of stupidity

Last edited:
Ok buddy. You win. Maurice Jones-Drew and Fred Taylor are the biggest trash-talkers in the league. You caught me.

It's outstanding how little people know. The media highlighted two of the most gracious guys in the league and tried to persecute them, and all I get from you is "Nice try playing spin doctor?"

I'm a writer myself. I've written for sports entities around the nation. Trust me when I tell you the media has an agenda when it writes. It wants a story. It will do whatever it can to get one, even if that means taking things out of context and skewing reality.

DeLight, I can't agree either that Jax is talking 'mad trash' & that the media is not spinning / twisting it to sell the game more for their business agendas because it is obvious about the media. The media don't give a sh*t on who it uses to get a story usually like a classy Jones-Drew.
But, at playoff time, veterans on PATS would of definitely (if the teams were flipped) not let that talk get there (e.g. the playful banter on using a personal digital camera) & squashed it since they now how it will come out. So, the outcome just shows Jax team to be a little bit more immature come playoff time on handling the press when it comes to 'discussing' the opponent (probably should of used the old sh*t lines like "if we bring our A+ game then we have a chance against anybody"..& other boring stuff made famous by our Coach B!)

DeLight, I can't agree either that Jax is talking 'mad trash' & that the media is not spinning / twisting it to sell the game more for their business agendas because it is obvious about the media. The media don't give a sh*t on who it uses to get a story usually like a classy Jones-Drew.
But, at playoff time, veterans on PATS would of definitely (if the teams were flipped) not let that talk get there (e.g. the playful banter on using a personal digital camera) & squashed it since they now how it will come out. So, the outcome just shows Jax team to be a little bit more immature come playoff time on handling the press when it comes to 'discussing' the opponent (probably should of used the old sh*t lines like "if we bring our A+ game then we have a chance against anybody"..& other boring stuff made famous by our Coach B!)

You're right. And maybe that's the difference between good teams and great teams come playoff time. What some people say about the situation just irks me.:violent:

What some people say about the situation just irks me.:violent:

:blahblah:
yeah, just put up w/it for 16 more weeks, or so, then get back to us.

:blahblah:
yeah, just put up w/it for 16 more weeks, or so, then get back to us.

... Try 10+ years, which is what Jacksonville has put up with.

Anyways, in continuing with the 16week tradition I say: :horn:*

Last edited:

It's outstanding how little people know. The media highlighted two of the most gracious, team-oriented guys in the league and tried to persecute them, and all I get from you is "Nice try playing spin doctor?"

I'm a writer myself. I've written for sports entities around the nation. Trust me when I tell you the media has an agenda when it writes. It wants a story. It will do whatever it can to get one, even if that means taking things out of context and skewing reality. But whatever, I'm over it. I'm going to continue sitting here, knowing about players like Ernest Wilford who this week invited the kids of a family that cooked breakfast for him at a diner every morning, to stay with him for the day rather than stay at the hospital with the parents that were in a car wreck the night before. I'll continue to know about stories like that, while you continue to believe guys like Maurice Drew, Paul Spicer and the rest of the team are dirty trash talkers because it fits the perception you want. You know what the media tells you. It's not your team, so you don't care about the whole story. That's reality. That's life. I understand it. But don't think for a second they don't pick and choose what to highlight, and the context in which they present it. Enjoy your day, and the game.

Why do you assume that no Patriot player has done anything to help anyone in their communities this week? Why is it only Jacksonville players that have done something good while being portrayed (mistakenly according to you) as "trash talkers" by the media? Perhaps Patriot players have ALSO done good and NOT spoken disrespectfully about their opponent.
If you are a member of the media then I congratulate you for showing the very bias you condemn. It must be difficult to hold such paradoxes in your brain.

Why do you assume that no Patriot player has done anything to help anyone in their communities this week? Why is it only Jacksonville players that have done something good while being portrayed (mistakenly according to you) as "trash talkers" by the media? Perhaps Patriot players have ALSO done good and NOT spoken disrespectfully about their opponent.
If you are a member of the media then I congratulate you for showing the very bias you condemn. It must be difficult to hold such paradoxes in your brain.

I can't believe you just turned what I said right there somehow into an attack or misrepresentation of your team. That's outstanding. Pointing out more injustices doesn't somehow invalidate another. Furthermore, the fact that I write for sports doesn't necessarily mean I write about football, much less the NFL.

Last edited:
You're right. And maybe that's the difference between good teams and great teams come playoff time. What some people say about the situation just irks me.:violent:

Exactly! Difference between really good (I think Jax has some real good players) and great is sometimes small things! I still can't believe sometimes how GREAT the PATS are/will be! (best ever?!)

Why???????

You haven't been paying attention, have you??

Ask Anthony Smith why...

Ask Mike Vanderjagt why...

Ask Freddie Mitchell why...

Pats fans know but obviously you don't. When opponents start trashing the Pats before big games they invariably get annihilated. Take the superior gameplan that BB has developed and add your teams comments in and it only stirs up additional fire to the execution, particularly among the proud veterans on the Pats. I hate the Colts but watch them next week in the days leading up to their game against the Pats. They'll be quiet as church mice. Take a lesson from them. It's part of the reason you'll be looking up at the Colts in the standings for the next decade. They, like the Pats, are consistent winners in big games and your team, like the Chargers, will remain the JV of the AFC. It's called maturity. So enjoy that coffee on your porch as you described it. We'll be headed toward another showdown with the Colts. Check your local listings.

So let me get this straight don't say anything and get annihilated, talk trash and get annihilated. I get it now.

I'll give you guys this, you are arrogant.

The reason you guys are dominate and the Colts are too, is for one reason and one reason only. Both have the premiere QB's in this league of mediocre QB's. When Brady and Manning retire the Pats and the Colts will be right where they have been most of their history*. Cellar dwellers. So relish it while you can.

*- only pertains to Colts history in Indy.

I can't believe you just turned what I said right there somehow into an attack or misrepresentation of your team. That's outstanding. Pointing out more injustices doesn't somehow invalidate another. Furthermore, the fact that I write for sports doesn't necessarily mean I write about football, much less the NFL.

I can't beleive that you are on a Patriots board touting the humanitarian efforts of Jacksonville players and get pissy when called on it.
Toot your horn on your own board.
Nor can I believe that to you, the word "media" means "sports writer".

If you going to be insulting - try to have them make a little sense.

Idiot.

I can't beleive that you are on a Patriots board touting the humanitarian efforts of Jacksonville players and get pissy when called on it.
Toot your horn on your own board.
Nor can I believe that to you, the word "media" means "sports writer".

If you going to be insulting - try to have them make a little sense.

Idiot.

There we go bro. Take a completely legitimate statement I made and try to make me some kind of bad guy with a personal attack because I don't root for the same football team as you. You need to show some character. I'm out. This has easily been the least hospitable place I've been to, and that sucks because it's only a few bad apples that spoil the bunch.

enjoy the game tomorrow. If the Pats win, I hope they beat Indy and go 19-0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back