PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maurice Jones-Drew up for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Jags would take something like Hoyer, Ridley, Ebert & 2nd round pick.....This wouldn't kill us as we have Mallett, Edelman looks pretty good to take over the slot if we don't resign welker and MJD would obviously take Ridley's place...That may not be enough for their liking but I wouldn't oppose to something like this...

Based on the fact he carried it a lot he's going to get hurt soon?

Would you rather buy tires with 100 miles driven on them or tires with 30K miles driven on them? The 30K miles doesn't guarantee they'll break down, but I know which I'd rather drive my family around with.

Also, the 30K mile tires want to get paid like fresh new tires. Um, no.

Would you rather buy tires with 100 miles driven on them or tires with 30K miles driven on them? The 30K miles doesn't guarantee they'll break down, but I know which I'd rather drive my family around with.

Also, the 30K mile tires want to get paid like fresh new tires. Um, no.

They're also some of the most kickass f**ing tires I've seen in recent years.

His production wouldn't match the money that he'd demand on his new contract. 1500 carries already = no thanks. Don't blame him for wanting another payday, though. He's the Jags' entire offense, and at the rate that they use him he'll be worn out within 2-3 years.

I'm heading to the nearest Ferrari dealership tomorrow and telling them I am open to a trade of my car for any Ferrari on their lot straight up. I think I have a better shot of pulling off that trade than any team trading for MJD.

I'm heading to the nearest Ferrari dealership tomorrow and telling them I am open to a trade of my car for any Ferrari on their lot straight up. I think I have a better shot of pulling off that trade than any team trading for MJD.
Some of the trade propositions in here are downright stupid. If the Patriots wouldn't accept peanuts for our best players why would Jacksonville accept peanuts for their only weapon?

Some of the trade propositions in here are downright stupid. If the Patriots wouldn't accept peanuts for our best players why would Jacksonville accept peanuts for their only weapon?

Because Jacksonville is the kind of front office that does things like draft Blaine Gabbert in the top 10? :confused2:

MJD is LDT stupid, probably because their midget bodies have midget brains.

Anyway, no because of cost (in trade and money) and wear and tear.

Because Jacksonville is the kind of front office that does things like draft Blaine Gabbert in the top 10? :confused2:
As stupid moves go, that's right up there with trading 3 players, your first and second round picks for the right to draft Mark Sanchez at pick 5. That said, I can't imagine Jacksonville would be stupid enough to accept anything less than MJD's worth (especially seeing Jennings has been a competent fill in).

MJD should shut up and play. I find it amazing when players agree to contracts then complain about them. If you don't like the initial contract don't sign it.

Last edited:
Aaron Hernandez, Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, and a 3rd, :D

You can NOT be serious. I love MJD but I wouldn't even consider trading Hernandez straight up, let alone throwing in two other starters. You must be a JETS fan in disguise.

You can NOT be serious. I love MJD but I wouldn't even consider trading Hernandez straight up, let alone throwing in two other starters. You must be a JETS fan in disguise.
A two tight end offense doesn't work with one tight end does it (especially given the injury status of the reserves).

I'd rather have Hernandez and rely on Ridley and Vereen at that cost.

MJD would look excellent in a Pats uniform.

Could anybody photoshop it? Because that's as close as we'll get to seeing him in one.

He's been basically in the 300s for carries since Fred Taylor left, so I don't blame him for wanting the money. I just don't see BB giving up picks to the Jags and tossing this guy big coin.
We sprung for Corey when he had serious mileage on his wheels so anything is possible. The price would dictate. Why not try it if they'll bite on something good for us?

This is a guy the Jets desperately need. They're broke though. Oh well, trade Tebow for him then.

Last edited:
We sprung for Corey when he had serious mileage on his wheels so anything is possible. The price would dictate. Why not try it if they'll bite on something good for us?

This is a guy the Jets desperately need. They're broke though. Oh well, trade Tebow for him then.

They ponied up for Dillon back in the days when the team was still a running team.

2003 Attempts, passing/running: 537/473
2004 Attempts, passing/running: 485/524
2011 Attempts, passing/running: 612/438

Moss got $9 million in 2008. This offseason, they wouldn't pay enough to keep BJGE. The 2007 season was the game changer.

Last edited:

You learn from your mistakes, or so we're told. Trading for Dillon wasn't the problem as he was desperate to get out of Cincy not over contract issues but because of carries being split. They made a huge mistake when they signed him to a 5 year $25M extension on the heels of a third Superbowl win. He had turned 30 and would turn 31 early in the 2005 season and he was still under contract for $3.85M in salary only. They were tight against the cap and the extension created some space but at the expense of being on the hook for $10M in guaranteed money. He fell apart in 2005, and struggled in 2006 - a year when they spent a first rounder on Maroney in the hopes of at least fielding a thunder and lightening tandem between the two. Unfortunately thunder was tapping out a lot and lightening got hurt trying to do something he wasn't built to do. Whole thing eventually became a debaucle that led to a series of costly moves including eating $6M in dead cap on Dillon, Bill mentoring a repeatedly injured Maroney for three years to no avail and Sammy Morris and Fred Taylor riding the bench for a couple of years at a cost of tens of millions for sporadic or no production. Which eventually led to securing even more costly and explosive aerial weapons for Brady including a thousand plus yard slot receiver and a very expensive deep threat and UDFA BJGE becoming the primary back here for a time. And the defense aging out before adequate replacements could be acquired or afforded.

You're not going to see a several million per primary or tandem running back investment here again until one or more of Brady, Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez are off the books. And it won't be a high mileage investment ever again. Or probably not a first rounder. The position is such a crap shoot both early (in the draft) and late (in a career, which for RB is often less than several highly productive - let alone consecutively- seasons due to the nature of the position).

How about either mallet or Ridley + riddle + 3rd pick?

How about the New England Patriots look for a backup swing tackle instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes