PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Walsh/Globe story today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want this to be over.....just let him come out with what he has...Im not gonna stop being a pats fan and I will always support BB and brady so screw it.

I do pray to god though that if Walsh is a liar and has nothing that Kraft makes all the "whistleblowers" pay dearly, starting with dough boy tomase..what ever happened to stoning? Wasnt that popular at one time?

Stoning would be to good for that scumbag. I would say, force him to become the video guy for the Jets. That way he would be forced to watch that crappy team!

Stoning would be to good for that scumbag. I would say, force him to become the video guy for the Jets. That way he would be forced to watch that crappy team!

What we could do is start a raffle for charity here and on any other Pats fan places. Say $100 per ticket, 5 winners, all winners get to be locked in a room with Walsh and Tomase for 8 hours, no holds barred.

Hell I'd buy 10 tickets.

This is all they talked about on Mike & Mike this morning.

They want anything that Walsh has made public and the commish to come down with further punishment.

Not once during the time I was listening was it brought up that if Walsh has the tape that HE did them without the knowledge of the Patriots. Not once was it brought up that teh Patriots might not have ever seen the tapes. Not once was it brought up that the Patriots might not have used these tapes in any game prep.

So making this stuff public will only lead to a conclusion that the Patriots cheated even if the Patriots never authorized the taping,saw them, or used them in any way.

All you have to know about Walsh is that he put a sharp razor blade in his ex girlfriends bed, so that she would get cut to ribbons.

This guy is sick...!
He needs help

Also Mike G is a Fing JETS fan. Anything he says has ZERO credibility.
I could care less about what he thinks,
He is a self promoting know it all wannabe

While I admit that in a perfect world, being a JEST fan should be a fireable offense :), I have to at least give him credit for admitting it publicly. That said, there are times where he seems to "forget" that fact.

All you have to know about Walsh is that he put a sharp razor blade in his ex girlfriends bed, so that she would get cut to ribbons.

This guy is sick...!
He needs help

Let's not start being all ESPN and making sh!t up here...

According to the alleged victim, a woman who was dating Walsh's roommate, Walsh was so miffed that she and his roommate might spend time on his bed while he was away that he booby-trapped his sheets with a stainless steel, six-pronged blender blade.

The woman, whose account was corroborated by Walsh's former roommate, said she vividly recalls being startled and slightly injured when she sat on the knife-sharp object. She said the episode forever changed her view of Walsh, whom she had known since high school and Walsh's roommate had considered his best friend since childhood.

This is all they talked about on Mike & Mike this morning.

They want anything that Walsh has made public and the commish to come down with further punishment.

Not once during the time I was listening was it brought up that if Walsh has the tape that HE did them without the knowledge of the Patriots. Not once was it brought up that teh Patriots might not have ever seen the tapes. Not once was it brought up that the Patriots might not have used these tapes in any game prep.

So making this stuff public will only lead to a conclusion that the Patriots cheated even if the Patriots never authorized the taping,saw them, or used them in any way.

Face facts. A large portion of the media wants Belichick to be guilty and have convicted him already. Many want it to be true because it would be the story of the century and others just don't like Belichick. .

But expecting any objectivity is a waste of time. Many people have already made Walsh an impeachable witness and accepted his "facts" of the walkthrough incident without having any knowledge about what he is going to say or what he has for evidence. I guarantee you that even if Walsh has no evidence and he claims that he did tape the walkthrough, there will be people calling for Belichick to get a year long suspension

Last edited:

Actually, according to Hohler's article, we can go farther and say that the NFL is currently convinced that the Patriots did not see such a tape, if it even exists, and did not authorize/order the taping.

I also don't know what to make of this comment from that article:

In addition, an NFL investigator interviewed a Patriots employee who left the Superdome that day with Walsh and quoted Walsh as saying, "We should have taped that," according to a person familiar with the league's inquiry.

I wish I could be as optimistic as most of the other posters, though I hope that they are right and I am wrong. But, I think the guy has something. I don't know what it is, but he's got something. Someone is paying an $800 an hour lawyer to spend a lot of time covering Walsh's butt. People don't do that unless there is something to be gained. If the lawyer's doing it for a cut rate, then he's confident that he's going to be at the center of a big story at the end of the day.

The problem is that we can discredit Walsh all we want, claiming he defrauded the Pats (to most fans outside of NE, that's, unfortunately, like saying someone defrauded the IRS--"good on ya, mate") pointing to his checkered employment history and the low-rent, malicious prank he played on his friend and his girlfriend in college. However, the rest of America isn't going to pay more than fleeting attention to those things if he has something on Belichick and the Patriots.

IMO, the best we can hope for is that he has a few tapes from the period during which Belichick has already acknowledged that taping occured. That would create another media firestorm, ESPN and the local newspaper whose name we don't mention would play them endlessly on TV and their websites, but ultimately they won't do any more damage than create further embarassment for the team.

However, if has a tape of the walkthrough, even if it was 'unauthorized,' we are toast. No one, outside of people on this board and other true fans, will believe that it wasn't sanctioned by Belichick or Adams.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong.

I wish I could be as optimistic as most of the other posters, though I hope that they are right and I am wrong. But, I think the guy has something. I don't know what it is, but he's got something. Someone is paying an $800 an hour lawyer to spend a lot of time covering Walsh's butt. People don't do that unless there is something to be gained. If the lawyer's doing it for a cut rate, then he's confident that he's going to be at the center of a big story at the end of the day.

The problem is that we can discredit Walsh all we want, claiming he defrauded the Pats (to most fans outside of NE, that's, unfortunately, like saying someone defrauded the IRS--"good on ya, mate") pointing to his checkered employment history and the low-rent, malicious prank he played on his friend and his girlfriend in college. However, the rest of America isn't going to pay more than fleeting attention to those things if he has something on Belichick and the Patriots.

IMO, the best we can hope for is that he has a few tapes from the period during which Belichick has already acknowledged that taping occured. That would create another media firestorm, ESPN and the local newspaper whose name we don't mention would play them endlessly on TV and their websites, but ultimately they won't do any more damage than create further embarassment for the team.

However, if has a tape of the walkthrough, even if it was 'unauthorized,' we are toast. No one, outside of people on this board and other true fans, will believe that it wasn't sanctioned by Belichick or Adams.

Did you even read the article? Like the part where he walked out of the Superdome and said "we should've taped that."?

Or the parts where he lied about everything else in his life? Or the part where his PGA certifications have been pulled?

Any of it?

If the facts in the article are correct, he doesn't have a tape of the walkthrough nor did he ever.

My guess ? He has tapes of recording the Rams' sideline in SB 36. It sounds like he has stolen at least one video from that game. All he's ever said is that things happened that people haven't taken responsibility for - although I think Belichick has based on what is said to have been told to Goodall - there hasn't been much talk about recording signals in earlier games like SB.

Did you even read the article? Like the part where he walked out of the Superdome and said "we should've taped that."?

Or the parts where he lied about everything else in his life? Or the part where his PGA certifications have been pulled?

Any of it?

i read the whole thing. twice, actually. The quote to which you make reference is unattributed, meaning that it could be from someone who is being truthful or, it could be from someone who is trying to improve his standing with the patriots or who is trying to help them.

now, even if we believe that quote, Walsh is a guy who snuck taping equipment into scott pioli's office, who lied on his resume, who was a big enough jerk to try to harm his friend and his girlfriend. what makes us think that he would tell the truth about anything? if he was deceiving his employers, why wouldn't he deceive the people around him?

i hope you are right, but there's too much money being put up by somebody for me to think this is all going to turn out like I want it to.

If the facts in the article are correct, he doesn't have a tape of the walkthrough nor did he ever.

My guess ? He has tapes of recording the Rams' sideline in SB 36. It sounds like he has stolen at least one video from that game. All he's ever said is that things happened that people haven't taken responsibility for - although I think Belichick has based on what is said to have been told to Goodall - there hasn't been much talk about recording signals in earlier games like SB.

there are a few very helpful, new facts in the story, but one of them is not that he "doesn't have a tape of the walkthrough." that is built on unattributed sources, this time working in our favor. but, just like the allegations against the patriots, that is not a "fact," it is an unattributed allegation. i hope it proves to be a fact, but right now it's no more factual than what our enemies are saying.

look, don't attack me. i hope you are right. i want you to be right. but i've lived long enough and i've seen enough crappy behavior by human beings to be worried about this.

That's part of the larger story that bothers me, as well.

I believe it was an article by ESPN's Ombudsman that she mentioned reporter(s) had been in contact with Walsh since September. Over the course of 4 months, did they not look into this guy's background and story at all? I wouldn't expect them to find the Springfield College incident, but they should have been aware of things like the camera stations not having power, there was no press bus back from the stadium, etc. Basically, stuff that should have cast doubt over Walsh's version of events.

Or maybe they were aware of all that, but decided to run with story anyway.

In either case, it appears they were driven more by agenda than solid evidence.

is anyone surprised that espn is a biased gaggle of douches ? i've monitored them for years and all i hear is negative reporting concerning all boston teams. there are bits and pieces of unbiased reporting (ravech, gammons)for the sox, but they are called out as boston homers. yet all the ny love goes unchecked. espn has sickened me long before this. finally, other people are noticing. my only hope is that the reports are true and the pats are fighting back and shutting their biased asses out. i can only hope there is a "fued".

i read the whole thing. twice, actually. The quote to which you make reference is unattributed, meaning that it could be from someone who is being truthful or, it could be from someone who is trying to improve his standing with the patriots or who is trying to help them.

now, even if we believe that quote, Walsh is a guy who snuck taping equipment into scott pioli's office, who lied on his resume, who was a big enough jerk to try to harm his friend and his girlfriend. what makes us think that he would tell the truth about anything? if he was deceiving his employers, why wouldn't he deceive the people around him?

i hope you are right, but there's too much money being put up by somebody for me to think this is all going to turn out like I want it to.

There doesn't have to be any money put up. What insider lawyer wouldn't want to do a favor for a senator and a powerful lobbying firm?

Secondly, if you read the article you'd see the paragraph where the evidence convinced Goodell, then you'd find the article where the evidence is mentioned. Yes, the quote is unattributed, however, the person in question gave testimony to the NFL.

there are a few very helpful, new facts in the story, but one of them is not that he "doesn't have a tape of the walkthrough." that is built on unattributed sources, this time working in our favor. but, just like the allegations against the patriots, that is not a "fact," it is an unattributed allegation. i hope it proves to be a fact, but right now it's no more factual than what our enemies are saying.

look, don't attack me. i hope you are right. i want you to be right. but i've lived long enough and i've seen enough crappy behavior by human beings to be worried about this.

Agreed. I think this is going to turn out VERY badly for the Pats. The timing of the Globe piece, printed just before Walsh reaches an agreement with the NFL to spill his guts? I don't know. Got a really bad feeling about this thing...

Agreed. I think this is going to turn out VERY badly for the Pats. The timing of the Globe piece, printed just before Walsh reaches an agreement with the NFL to spill his guts? I don't know. Got a really bad feeling about this thing...

Yeah...so the Globe publishes a hit piece on Walsh they've been researching for several months, and somehow that's bad news for the Patriots?

BTW--the stuff about Walsh and the NFL? All any of the news stories have said is that "progress has been made". It's the same thing the negotiators said for 3 years when they were trying to stop the Vietnam "police action".

"Hi, I'm Chicken Little. I wear a tinfoil helmet so that the pieces of falling sky don't steal my thoughts as they float by."

Somehow, I'm not quite as concerned. In particular, if he does have an axe to grind, as the article claimed, and he DID have a tape of the walkthrough, all he'd have had to do was "leak" the tape back in September, and the Pats would have been completely @#%ed in the court of public opinion.

[Speaking of which--who did leak the JEST tape to Jay Glazer? We know it wasn't anybody from the Patriots. . . .]

Walsh is being represented by Levy on a Pro Bono basis. That means Levy isn't getting paid. It isn't unusual to see a lawyer even from a big firm take on pro bono basis especially if it is a high profile case. I don't read too much into it when it comes to reading what he has as evidence especially since Specter may have pointed him in that direction.

I think the best we can hope for is that he has nothing more than a few tapes videotaping opposing signals. I am also betting that it is all he has other than allegations without evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News