PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light: Never "embraced" AH's beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company I work for is quite large and there is an office in CT ironically not all that far from Bristol. A guy from that office murdered his wife a few years back. Some people were shocked others including myself were not. The man who did it showed many faces so depending on who you were you got a different view.

He and I had to work together often. The conversation were often the same. He would call my line nice as pie. He would explain his issue and how he wanted to attack it. If I agreed with him the transaction was very pleasant. If however I blew holes in his theory and refusted to take his course of action he would blow his stack. I wasn't rude. I would explain why it didn't make sense to do it his way very calmly. As soon as he would hang up I would turn around and say to the manager of both of our departements. Blank is about to call you to complain about me and he would roll his eyes and say I heard. He would call the manager instantly and be sweet as pie while ripping me a new one. I didn't care because I could justify my position technically.

I'm sure Matt Light saw some things that those in the upper organization never did much like I did. People like this always wear many faces so they are impossible to comletely weed out.

I think the key to your story is that once you heard the news you weren't surprised. That is different from someone saying to you: "Why didn't you tell his superiors and wife that he was going to kill someone!" You didn't know or predict that event. But once the event happened, it fit into a picture of the guy you had.

After the fact, people going, "Yeah, I can see that now" about Ahern is different from knowing he was going to murder people.

Light: "Aaron said that he didn't believe in dipping fries in milkshakes."

Well, there ya go: I gotta side with Hernandez on this one. :nooo:

I mean: that's disgusting. :snob:

Frappes, on the other hand...
39.gif

I hope not! :mad:

Light's big into hunting. He also sponsors an annual skeet shoot for charity dating back to his playing days. I've always liked that guy.

Light's big into hunting. He also sponsors an annual skeet shoot for charity dating back to his playing days. I've always liked that guy.

Yah somewhere there's a hilarious vid of Asante Samuel attempting to shoot at his charity event. Lucky guests weren't killed. Light Rocks!

Watching training camp warmups as the players stretched on the field Light would always sit near Brady. Matt would crack Brady up and all around him with his wisecracks.

The decision ultimately rests with Bill Belichick and the Krafts. Firing anyone below them would merely be scapegoating.

But if they relied on information provided by others to ensure themselves that Hernandez would not become
an off-field problem during the life of the extension, then those others need to be replaced, same as those
scouting & coaching the WRs & DBs.

The following is BS !- Ray Lewis Apologism and crap:

The difference between these cases is INCOMPETENT-(possibly politically motivated) PROSECUTION vs (at least so far) A PATIENT COMPETENT INVESTIGATION AND PROSECUTION TEAM.

The Atlanta prosecutor charged RL with murder while KNOWING that his own chief witness placed RL in the LIMO at the time of the murder. WHY would you do that????

hmmmm, black prosecutor looking to run in an election rushes prosecution before the investigation is done. Compare that with the AH investigation - - they searched his house (what?) 3 times before charging him.
So Howard (prosecutor) charges him (RL) with a crime he didnt commit. Instead of charging him with accessory and getting him to flip on his compadres. All 3 walk because the prosecutor was an idiot.

The second difference is the 2 criminals are SMART vs STUPID.

RL got his posse in the limo, Sweeting dumped the knife after wiping it of prints, and RL dumped all the bloody clothes where the stupid Atlanta cops couldnt find them and ran his posse back to the hotel to match up their stories before the cops could catch up to them....... despite the fact that they did the murder in the middle of the street of the busiest nightspot in Atlanta (Buckhead).
- Even after RL paid off the victims family to get the civil suit dropped he still never came clean on the whole deal - forced all the folks he paid off to sign confidentiality agreements.

Then when the prosecutor finally did "FLIP" RL for a misdemeanor charge on lying to the cops; RL feeds the prosecutor the story they cooked up in the hotel room that gets his two compadres Sweeting and Oakley off on a self-defense acquittal - that the other 2 guys came after them.

SELF-DEFENSE MY AZZ.....
The one guy was reportedly stabbed (I think it was) 8 times and the blade hit the heart twice and some 4 other vital organs at least once. That is a professional hit. The forensics experts stated you had to know where you were aiming at to hit that percentage of killing strokes - let alone knowing enough to have the right kind of knife to get past the ribs.

Sweeting/Oakley jumped out of the limo with the knife in hand... looking to take the guys out. Essentially chasing after them. But they got off based on RL testimony. Sure the other guys hit him with a champgne bottle --- You see someone coming at you with a knife; WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO - use whatever you got.

At the end of the day; although RL is less of a THUG than AH and the rest of the NFL will vote him into the HoF; I think he rots in a similar compartment of hell when he goes. And if the Atlanta prosecutor didnt have his head up his azz; RL would have done time and Ravens would have dumped him while he was behind bars. But true to their nature, i'm sure Modell/Billick would have waited til the conviction came through to release him. (that to me is their reputation)

The same type of idiots that would tolerate the RLs of the world were on display in Boston - shouting innocent at AH during the perp walk. But i think the proportion of idiots who will tolerate a murdering thug in B-more is higher - particularly when the atlanta prosecution gives the low-information crowd such cover by dorking up the evidence so badly.

I'm just glad the Patriots are willing to man up to the mistake and cut bait as soon as possible on this waste of space.

Awesome post. Stick that up your ass, B'more murderer-lovers.

Awesome post. Stick that up your ass, B'more murderer-lovers.

Awesome, if you love baseless conjecture and pure BS. I especially like this part:

"RL got his posse in the limo, Sweeting dumped the knife after wiping it of prints, and RL dumped all the bloody clothes where the stupid Atlanta cops couldnt find them and ran his posse back to the hotel to match up their stories before the cops could catch up to them.."

Damn, if you know that's exactly how all that happened, you really should've stepped forward during the trial and testified.

Awesome, if you love baseless conjecture and pure BS. I especially like this part:

"RL got his posse in the limo, Sweeting dumped the knife after wiping it of prints, and RL dumped all the bloody clothes where the stupid Atlanta cops couldnt find them and ran his posse back to the hotel to match up their stories before the cops could catch up to them.."

Damn, if you know that's exactly how all that happened, you really should've stepped forward during the trial and testified.

Ray Lewis threatened to kill Gumby* if he did testify

Try to keep up!

* Gumby is a pseudonym :)

Another Ratbird apologist murderer-lover troll heard from. Wonderful.

I think the key to your story is that once you heard the news you weren't surprised. That is different from someone saying to you: "Why didn't you tell his superiors and wife that he was going to kill someone!" You didn't know or predict that event. But once the event happened, it fit into a picture of the guy you had.

After the fact, people going, "Yeah, I can see that now" about Ahern is different from knowing he was going to murder people.

It's like Robert Kraft saying I never would have suspected but Matt Light saying he never embraced Aaron Hernandez's beliefs. Some people saw that different person, some people didn't.

I agree. However, no one can make that assurance. I suspect that the team knew that Hernandez had continued gang ties and continued ties to unsavory characters. The took the business risk that they good get 2-3 years out of Hernandez. If Hernandez was clear for the entire extension, that would be even better. Recall that the contract was essentially two contracts. Had this happened next March, the team might have considered that they received reasonable value for their extension payments.

So for me, if security really said that Hernandez was no longer involved with gangs or shady characters, then indeed should fired. If the team knew, then this simply reflects the new type of decision-making.

But if they relied on information provided by others to ensure themselves that Hernandez would not become an off-field problem during the life of the extension, then those others need to be replaced,

Matt Light is no murderer (as far as we know lol) so he obviously didnt embrace anything that hernandez stood for. I have a feeling thats what he is referring to but its hard to tell since his comment is so vague.

Dennis and Callahan featured audio brought to you by WEEI Boston's Sports Radio

DId you guys hear this? This caller says he was in a gang, in prison for 8 years and describes the gang AH was in, what his tattoos are and how prison was really not bad at all....some of the best times of his life?!

He also goes into detail about a "funny" story in which someone was stabbed repeatedly right in front of him. Give it a listen.....this is some alternate universe. Gives some insight into how AH could do something like this....these guys just don't care.

Unbelievable! So it was Chino in the industrial park with a 45.
Can't wait for Chris to call.

Dennis and Callahan featured audio brought to you by WEEI Boston's Sports Radio

DId you guys hear this? This caller says he was in a gang, in prison for 8 years and describes the gang AH was in, what his tattoos are and how prison was really not bad at all....some of the best times of his life?!

He also goes into detail about a "funny" story in which someone was stabbed repeatedly right in front of him. Give it a listen.....this is some alternate universe. Gives some insight into how AH could do something like this....these guys just don't care.

Wow, I lead a dull life.

So, ok, answer me this. I know Dennis and Callahan aren't professional, actual, reporters or anything :cool:, but still. I mean, they got a guy on the line and one of the first things he says is "Ya, I ran with Hernandez" and they believe him...and then spend the next 8 minutes talking to him about
1) Himself
2) Gangs
3) Life in prison
and don't ask him anything about his time with Hernandez!!!! :bricks: I'm kinda speechless.

So one of your posters insults the Ravens organization and its fans, I show up to respectfully defend us, and I'm a troll. OK.

Again, I'm not a Ray Lewis super-fan. I just sought to point out key differences in these two situations; specifically, why the Ravens' and Pats' organizations handled things as they did. Even though every fanbase does it, it's pretty silly to put yours above any other teams'. Steelers fans do it, Ravens fans do it, Pats fans do, Cowboys fans do it, Steelers fans do it (they deserve two mentions)... but really, we're all just NFL fans, supporting our team with equal intensity, for the most part (OK, maybe not Jags fans!). I don't see any high road for any of us to claim, as just about every organization has employed its share of unsavory characters.

Instead of attacking Ravens fans, maybe you could recognize that we, perhaps more than any fanbase this side of the Carolina Panthers, know a lot about what you all are going through. I empathize, believe me. It really sucks when our "heroes" let us down to such a degree. My son was at a young and impressionable age when the Ray Lewis stuff happened, and even more aware when Jamal got arrested a few years later. It's very disappointing, but it also serves to remind us that football is just a game, and there are much better heroes out there for our kids (and us adults) to worship...

So one of your posters insults the Ravens organization and its fans, I show up to respectfully defend us, and I'm a troll. OK.

Come on, let go. For a guy who writes so well, you should know that you probably live in a fantasy world if you want 100% of the world to think exactly the same way you do. However sound your logic is or however truthful your insights are, there will always be doubters and conspiracy theorists who will disbelieve and mock you without even bothering to understand what you write. Especially at the 'enemy's forum. :)

so, take such posts with a pinch of a salt - or best, just ignore them - and look at how the majority treats you.

Best!

Cap'n, BMann is ok. If you read his posting history, you will see he is on the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes