PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light: Never "embraced" AH's beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think light said he was all about himself.

The comment is vague though. Never embraced his beliefs? Such as what ? Theological? political? Did he believe in gun control?

It Is What It Is » Matt Light: ‘Never believed in anything Aaron Hernandez stood for’

What is so troubling is how the Patriots ever decided to give this guy the $40 million contract they did.
He was a known BAD guy. Look at Matt Light's words.
Baffling!!!

Funny, most fans were giddy after signing both TE's which would keep them here long term. Don't be one of the "Captain Hindsight" crowd. Sure, we aren't privy to the locker room but I'm pretty sure the organization didn't put murderer in their list of character flaws.

Funny, most fans were giddy after signing both TE's which would keep them here long term. Don't be one of the "Captain Hindsight" crowd. Sure, we aren't privy to the locker room but I'm pretty sure the organization didn't put murderer in their list of character flaws.

I was psyched when they signed him to an extension. Sad to see him throw it all away. Maybe other Patriots players would have been hesitant to sign Hernandez to such a big deal, but I cannot find fault with the Patriots for trying to keep a talented player who maybe was a little bit of an odd duck. Who knew it would end like this?

Didn't Hernandez spend the off-season on the west coast to be closer to Brady?

Says all the right things, seems to do the right things...Sometimes you win and sometimes you get played.

All Light said was he "Never believed in anything Aaron Hernandez stood for". I don't know what the he meant by that but I sure would like to know!

The comment is vague though. Never embraced his beliefs? Such as what ? Theological? political? Did he believe in gun control?

I think what he meant was that Ahern used football as an enhancement to his gangsta identity and lifestyle.

I think what he meant was that Ahern used football as an enhancement to his gangsta identity and lifestyle.
I think your thought is right on ythe money.

When he got all that cash, it seemed to trigger something.. he seems to have done a lot of incredibly stupid stuff in a very short period of time....

The root of all evil...

All Light said was he "Never believed in anything Aaron Hernandez stood for". I don't know what the he meant by that but I sure would like to know!

Look up Latin Kings.

I don't know about that. maybe he went to strip clubs, smoked a ton of pot and hung out with seedy characters but I doubt his teammates knew any more about his lifestyle in regards to being involved in murders.

Look up Latin Kings.

You can tell a king by the tattoos.. anyone who has any investigative experience or knowledge of gang intelligence can spot a "King"..

Black and gold is the predominant colors and a crown with 5 points are prominent.. when I worked in corrections the Almighty Latin King Nation tried to make inroads, and we went to quite a few seminars to educate ourselves about those guys..

If he was a "king" Connecticut probably would know, as that is where a lot of this originated..

Just because he is from Ct. does not mean that he is a Latin King..

I think your thought is right on ythe money.

And speaking of money, it also helps give context to his "making it rain money" shtick after scoring touchdowns. A reminder to homies that he's the man with the money and power and can "make it rain" on them if he wants to.

One clip they've been showing of him pretty much says it all: Ahern scores a touchdown and Welker, a couple feet away, comes over to embrace him. Ahern ignores his teammate to stage his little act -- I think symbolizing that for him, team/teammates are enablers for his agenda.

I think it's obvious now it wasn't just weed and bad blocking that made him a 4th round pick.

some real "I.M. Genius"es there on WEEI comment board.

'Light was the weakest LT in patriots history'

One more reason to be on PATSFANS....:D

Attachments

• ahern gun.jpg
    ahern gun.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 217
I don't know about that. maybe he went to strip clubs, smoked a ton of pot and hung out with seedy characters but I doubt his teammates knew any more about his lifestyle in regards to being involved in murders.

Zolak made a great point today. None of us has read ANY testimonials from friends or relatives or former teammates, NOBODY has stepped forward to tell us what a good person AH is and how he just went off the rails. Nobody is stepping up to say this is a good guy gone bad.
Now we have one of the highly respected former teammates of AH saying how he could never embrace anything that AH stood for in his life.
What a damning comment from a team leader and a guy who was in that locker room every single day. Just amazing how Patriots management embraced Aaron Hernandez to the tune of $40 million when his own teammates would not embrace him.
BTW, this is not a second guess on my part. I was thrilled they signed AH when they did. What I'm amazed at is how the Hernandez personna (the attitude, the lifestyle, the gangsta friends) that we've found out about in recent days was known to the Patriots all along, how his teaammates were repelled by it and how it was/is so contrary to what the Patriots want on their team and in their locker room.

Zolak made a great point today. None of us has read ANY testimonials from friends or relatives or former teammates, NOBODY has stepped forward to tell us what a good person AH is and how he just went off the rails. Nobody is stepping up to say this is a good guy gone bad.
Now we have one of the highly respected former teammates of AH saying how he could never embrace anything that AH stood for in his life.
What a damning comment from a team leader and a guy who was in that locker room every single day. Just amazing how Patriots management embraced Aaron Hernandez to the tune of $40 million when his own teammates would not embrace him.
BTW, this is not a second guess on my part. I was thrilled they signed AH when they did. What I'm amazed at is how the Hernandez personna (the attitude, the lifestyle, the gangsta friends) that we've found out about in recent days was known to the Patriots all along, how his teaammates were repelled by it and how it was/is so contrary to what the Patriots want on their team and in their locker room.

Seems they were willing to tolerate it as long as he worked hard, did his job, and stayed out of trouble off the field. You have to wonder, though, if team security should have known more/done more to stay ahead of what eventually came down.

a lot of people like guns and have their picture taken with guns.

You might want to consider changing your screen name now.

I know a lot of people here try and discredit TMZ, but they've been as accurate as any other media outlet in it's reporting on the Hernandez murder case. This kind of makes sense.

Aaron Hernandez was in constant fear that someone wanted him dead ... and that's why he stocked up on firearms ... sources close to the former New England Patriots star tell TMZ.

We're told ... the stories about Aaron's connections to gang members in Connecticut are real -- because the 23-year-old had joined one back when he was a teenager.

Sources connected to Aaron tell us ... he had been trying to move away from the gangster life ever since he signed his fat $40 million contract with the Patriots back in 2012, but it's not as easy as it sounds.

In fact, we're told Aaron believed people in the gangster world felt Aaron owed them something ... but it wasn't all about money -- they wanted his time and respect.

Sources say ... in the months leading up to the death of Odin Lloyd, Hernandez became paranoid that people from his "old lifestyle" were trying to kill him. It's unclear if Aaron feared scorned friends ... or rivals.

Read more: Aaron Hernandez -- People Were Out to Kill Me | TMZ.com
Visit Fishwrapper: Fishwrapper Home | Fishwrapper.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing