PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light: Never "embraced" AH's beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The third HUGE difference is that this is 2013 and there are CAMERAS everywhere, and your CELL PHONE and CAR are tracking devices and TEXTING is retrievable.

Times, they are a'changing.

You said it....I had read somewhere (I think Welker said it?) that AH was a bit dumb when it came to technology and got frustrated with it easily.

He's a complete dumb *** if he did not realize that everything these days is on video surveillance and anything short of jettisoning the hard drives or memory cards into space where they will be lost will not prevent the authorities from retrieving the information if they get a hold of it (smashed or not).

At the time it was easy to understand the Gronk Freak of Nature Extension! But as for Hernandez who is basically a Hybrid HB/Pass catching TE who can't Block. I thought his extension could have waited...this situation might be the begining of he end for those College Players who have troubled past. I think Teams are going to really stay the heck away from those players from now on.
I think they should, but by and large they won't stay away. They'll still be seduced by the prospect of what those guys can do. The rationalization will be: what are the odds that this guy will be a murderer? We can deal with the DUIs and failed drug
tests. And you know what? Most of the time, they'll be right.

Matt Light was a family man in he's 30's and hernandez was a 21 year old kid that acted like a 17 year old, why would Light like him ? but he and the front office did not know he was a murderer so why would they not re-sign both of there young star TE's when the market price for TE's was going up every week

Light gave us some hints at the actual situation. You are free to ignore him because he did not tell more in violation of club policy and probably the law.

As a former player, what club policy does he have to answer to? Why would he be prohibited by the law to not say anything further on the subject.
I think I am missing something on this topic...

He's a complete dumb *** if he did not realize that everything these days is on video surveillance and anything short of jettisoning the hard drives or memory cards into space where they will be lost...

325671-pz_super.jpg

Don't be so sure. ;)

general-zod.jpg

I know a lot of people here try and discredit TMZ, but they've been as accurate as any other media outlet in it's reporting on the Hernandez murder case. This kind of makes sense.

Also could shed some light on why he reacted so strongly to his friend talking to the 'wrong people'. Maybe the wrong people, in this case, were people who he thought wanted him dead?

I don't think we'll ever get a real understanding where the breakdown in the organization was but I'm pretty sure they're putting in measures to make sure this type of thing doesn't happen with a 'baggage' type player without some type of extensive NSA type of background check or surveillance of off field activities. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we come to find out they're monitoring the off field activities of Talib and Dennard in the aftermath of this event.

I can just see the first interview w/Bill now -

Media: Bill, why didn't the Patriots know more about Hernandez' background or do more checks prior to giving him a contract extension?

Bill: I'm here to only talk about the players that are here today on the field. Next question?

The company I work for is quite large and there is an office in CT ironically not all that far from Bristol. A guy from that office murdered his wife a few years back. Some people were shocked others including myself were not. The man who did it showed many faces so depending on who you were you got a different view.

He and I had to work together often. The conversation were often the same. He would call my line nice as pie. He would explain his issue and how he wanted to attack it. If I agreed with him the transaction was very pleasant. If however I blew holes in his theory and refusted to take his course of action he would blow his stack. I wasn't rude. I would explain why it didn't make sense to do it his way very calmly. As soon as he would hang up I would turn around and say to the manager of both of our departements. Blank is about to call you to complain about me and he would roll his eyes and say I heard. He would call the manager instantly and be sweet as pie while ripping me a new one. I didn't care because I could justify my position technically.

I'm sure Matt Light saw some things that those in the upper organization never did much like I did. People like this always wear many faces so they are impossible to comletely weed out.

I would love and will never get the opportunity to hear Brady on Hernandez unfiltered.

Here is a tweet from Adam Schefter this AM.
AdamSchefter 2h
One Patriot said it always felt like AH had an angel on one shoulder, a devil on the other, and concern was devil would win out.

I don't think we'll ever get a real understanding where the breakdown in the organization was but I'm pretty sure they're putting in measures to make sure this type of thing doesn't happen with a 'baggage' type player without some type of extensive NSA type of background check or surveillance of off field activities. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we come to find out they're monitoring the off field activities of Talib and Dennard in the aftermath of this event.

I can just see the first interview w/Bill now -

Media: Bill, why didn't the Patriots know more about Hernandez' background or do more checks prior to giving him a contract extension?

Bill: I'm here to only talk about the players that are here today on the field. Next question?

Dennard is a different class of issue. It is sad that he has been lumped into this discussion. If anybody needs monitoring then it is Spikes.
I have always been uneasy with Hernandez but not like this.

Dennard is a different class of issue. It is sad that he has been lumped into this discussion. If anybody needs monitoring then it is Spikes.
I have always been uneasy with Hernandez but not like this.
I agree. To me, Spikes is a candidate for off-field trouble. I don't mean to denigrate the guy, but he just seems to me to be "on the edge" at times. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree. To me, Spikes is a candidate for off-field trouble. I don't mean to denigrate the guy, but he just seems to me to be "on the edge" at times. Hope I'm wrong.

Perhaps so but remember defensive players often have a very different demeanor than offensive players. Part of the reasons they're on D vs O.

That said, I'm sure that if there were any thoughts of a Spikes contract extension they are being re-examined with new criteria.

Here is a tweet from Adam Schefter this AM.
AdamSchefter 2h
One Patriot said it always felt like AH had an angel on one shoulder, a devil on the other, and concern was devil would win out.

Now that W3 is no longer under the Patriots Cone of Silence and a Donk, maybe someone can get him to opine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down