PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light: Never "embraced" AH's beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO at all the Monday Morning QuarterBacks ~ excuse me: Nostradamii ~ who now claim that they were always against Aaron's Big Contract!! You Jamokes would've been squealing like PIGS if Hernandez'd managed not to Murder anyone, and then we'd let'm walk, a Year or so from now!! Oh but y'all saw this coming all along!!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!
jester.gif

Mind you...

You could make an extremely strong case that the Patriots should've done their Due Diligence and known that he was still intimately wrapped up with those Gang Clowns and was a risky Investment...

But that sure's Hell isn't anything we were privy to, and had he stayed healthy ~ and Murder-Free ~ Hernandez had the potential to become an historically deadly and dangerous Force.

...If you'll pardon the expression.

LMAO at all the Monday Morning QuarterBacks ~ excuse me: Nostradamii ~ who now claim that they were always against Aaron's Big Contract!! You Jamokes would've been squealing like PIGS if Hernandez'd managed not to Murder anyone, and then we'd let'm walk, a Year or so from now!! Oh but y'all saw this coming all along!!

jester.gif

Mind you...

You could make an extremely strong case that the Patriots should've done their Due Diligence and known that he was still intimately wrapped up with those Gang Clowns and was a risky Investment...

But that sure's Hell isn't anything we were privy to, and had he stayed healthy ~ and Murder-Free ~ Hernandez had the potential to become an historically deadly and dangerous Force.

Yeah, I posted a picture saying "Hernandez: Putting the 'H' in 'H-Back' Through 2018."

That said, I was still confused by the mere fact of it: after all, he was arguably always going to be in GRONK's shadow in New England, and he arguably could have gotten more by waiting a year or two and then going to another team where he could be the star TE.

Yeah, I posted a picture saying "Hernandez: Putting the 'H' in 'H-Back' Through 2018."

That said, I was still confused by the mere fact of it: after all, he was arguably always going to be in GRONK's shadow in New England, and he arguably could have gotten more by waiting a year or two and then going to another team where he could be the star TE.

The continuing perception that Hernandez was "in Gronk's Shadow" baffles me. :nooo:

They played the same Position no more than a Split End and a Flanker do, Bro.

Kong is a Tight End.

Hernandez was a Flex End ~ a WingBack, if you will.

There was more than enough Glory to go around for both'f'm.

If a player knew that his behavior off the field was questionable, then I find it hard to believe the front office didn't as well. He performed on the field and they rolled the dice and gave him an extension. I hope they learned their lesson and stop taking chances on "risky" players.

We don't know any player that is proven to know specific details of AH off the field and won't anytime soon. If you're referring to Light's comments they are so vague and after the fact that you really can't put that much into them.

Two thoughts here:

(1) The double homicide, if he was involved, was BEFORE he officially got the big contract.

(2) If he was having these troubles, AND he was innocent of crimes himself at the time, he could have sought help: as Jim Brown noted, Bill Belichick has been to prisons, he's met with gang members. He's not this mad professor in an ivory tower. I'm not saying that he would come up with a solution himself, but at the very minimum, he'd be able to offer advice.

Plus I know the Patriots work hard to help their players. This would be a more serious situation than most, but I'm sure they could have helped Hernandez achieve a better resolution than this—if he really wanted to get out of that lifestyle.

1. As noted in my post, maybe there is no other explanation than AH being a murderous sociopath. His public demeanor in the aftermath suggests that this is a real possibility.

2. No one is suggesting that he couldn't have handled it better. In fact, it is umimaginable that he could have handled it worse. Your suggestions make sense to normal, reasonable people but probably wouldn't have occurred to a 23 year old with a violent upbringing, a keen appreciation for gangs and street justice and a group of legitimately scary people threatening to kill him.

We will likely not find out what players knew about Hernandez for a few years, unless they are called to testify (as to pattern of behavior). Light was purposely vague. Anything specific should be reported to the police and detailed in public only after the trial(s).

But it seems very likely that the habits and friends of Hernandez were known to the players, the same as Brady, Gronk or anyone else.

We don't know any player that is proven to know specific details of AH off the field and won't anytime soon. If you're referring to Light's comments they are so vague and after the fact that you really can't put that much into them.

We will likely not find out what players knew about Hernandez for a few years, unless they are called to testify (as to pattern of behavior). Light was purposely vague. Anything specific should be reported to the police and detailed in public only after the trial(s).

But it seems very likely that the habits and friends of Hernandez were known to the players, the same as Brady, Gronk or anyone else.

Pretty much, nothing good can come from any player coming out and saying they knew this and this, therefore none of us will have any idea what the players knew. So I don't see how anybody can knowingly say the Patriots brass should have known this and this about Hernandez. If they did it's a safe bet they wouldn't have signed him long term.

I'm not sure of this. The team may have knowingly taken risks. It is difficult to believe that Kraft did not spend considerable money is investigating Hernandez before the extension.

Hernandez was a time bomb. However, if the team got another year or two out of him, the so-called long term deal would have been fine. The team ended up losing $10M, a business bet that they lost. Recall that the deal was really two deals, before and after the guarantees.

So I don't see how anybody can knowingly say the Patriots brass should have known this and this about Hernandez. If they did it's a safe bet they wouldn't have signed him long term.

jester.gif

Mind you...

Obviously no one could know murder was or would be in AH's future. So let's say Kraft puts some diligence into knowing more about AH. They come back and say 'he hangs out with some sketchy individuals that have connection to his past. But he has never been arrested'. Additionally he has people semi close to him at high school who say "AH was not a bad guy, not a serious troublemaker'. You have him attending college where by accounts he was not a problem on campus and his coach from college gave him a recommendation. You then talk to AH and he says "I'm looking to make better life choices, be a good father and husband. I know that is the direction I want to take my life". Just to be sure, BB and Kraft should not sign him to a semi team friendly contract? They should let the, likely, big group of other teams out there that will go to the mat to sign AH........BB and BK should let AH walk and let another team have him?
Outside of the fact that AH NOW seems relatively certain to be a murderer, where was the obvious evidence and the best interest in winning football games to not resign him and/or let him walk? Fyi, AH is not, by far, the only NFL player to have sketchy friends (even past Patriots, gasp!). Some players in the NFL come out of the toughest, roughest neighborhoods in America. Just to be sure, that is a non starter to sign them, resign them even when they have no arrest record??

Someone else said it best: 'When does almost everyone know a man was going to be a murderer? Right after he murders'

Pretty much, nothing good can come from any player coming out and saying they knew this and this, therefore none of us will have any idea what the players knew. So I don't see how anybody can knowingly say the Patriots brass should have known this and this about Hernandez. If they did it's a safe bet they wouldn't have signed him long term.

I'll take it a step further. When did a locker room become a place where everyone comes together as pals? Where people coming from extremely diverse backgrounds all of a sudden have lots in common and like each other?

I'll take Light at his word that AH, based on my own interpretation of Light's words, was not the kind of guy that a family man and a good neighbor would be friends with whatsoever. But does this preclude a team from signing someone if the guy is otherwise not a problem in the locker room?

When a former player comes out and says 'AH was an issue in the locker room' based simply on his attitude and/or on the ethos he was bringing from his personal life?? Then we have something to sink our teeth into on the argument that the Patriots should not have resigned AH. Until then, I don't see 'how could we resign a guy like this!!!' as having much foundation beyond Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Obviously no one could know murder was or would be in AH's future. So let's say Kraft puts some diligence into knowing more about AH. They come back and say 'he hangs out with some sketchy individuals that have connection to his past. But he has never been arrested'. Additionally he has people semi close to him at high school who say "AH was not a bad guy, not a serious troublemaker'. You have him attending college where by accounts he was not a problem on campus and his coach from college gave him a recommendation. You then talk to AH and he says "I'm looking to make better life choices, be a good father and husband. I know that is the direction I want to take my life". Just to be sure, BB and Kraft should not sign him to a semi team friendly contract? They should let the, likely, big group of other teams out there that will go to the mat to sign AH........BB and BK should let AH walk and let another team have him?
Outside of the fact that AH NOW seems relatively certain to be a murderer, where was the obvious evidence and the best interest in winning football games to not resign him and/or let him walk? Fyi, AH is not, by far, the only NFL player to have sketchy friends (even past Patriots, gasp!). Some players in the NFL come out of the toughest, roughest neighborhoods in America. Just to be sure, that is a non starter to sign them, resign them even when they have no arrest record??

Someone else said it best: 'When does almost everyone know a man was going to be a murderer? Right after he murders'

You're preaching to the wrong guy, pal.

I never said that they should have known ~ only that, so far's we know, it's arguable.

"Never embraced his Beliefs." :confused:

TF???
blink.gif

What was he...a Scientologist, or something??
huh.gif

My GOD...

Hernandez really is an @$$* . :eek:

So is Light for saying it.
He should just STFU or be completely transparent. It is very easy to pile on one AHern is locked away. Where was mention of "beliefs" before he was handed a big contract. Shame on BB or anyone else who missed this but the omniscient Matt Light seemed to recognize AHern's true colors all along.:rolleyes:

Light gave us some hints at the actual situation. You are free to ignore him because he did not tell more in violation of club policy and probably the law.

So is Light for saying it.
He should just (Please be quiet - edited) or be completely transparent. It is very easy to pile on one AHern is locked away. Where was mention of "beliefs" before he was handed a big contract. Shame on BB or anyone else who missed this but the omniscient Matt Light seemed to recognize AHern's true colors all along.:rolleyes:

The following is BS !- Ray Lewis Apologism and crap:

I don't want to get into a flame war between Ravens and Pats fans, as I've never worshiped at the alter of Ray Lewis. But there are huge differences between his and Hernandez's situations. The biggest and most relevant to your post being how their employers reacted to their arrests. The Ravens, knowing Ray's character and what facts were available at the time, were very confident that Ray didn't kill anyone. So Modell and Billick put their own reputations on the line and stood behind Lewis. Turns out they were (mostly) justified, as it became apparent that Ray didn't kill anyone, WRONG THIS WAS KNOWN FROM BEGINNING and the two men who most likely did the stabbing were acting in self-defense.They were acquitted because RL helped covered it up. If you act in self defense; you dont need to professionally stab-murder, leave the scene, dump the weapon and bloody clothes, and attempt to flee the state.

Meanwhile, Hernandez's employers cut bait immediately, based no doubt on the same things that the Ravens looked at: Aaron's character and the facts of the case that were available at the time. To them it was a no-brainer to release him, and we're starting to see why.

To try to make the two cases, and the subsequent reactions to them by each organization and its fans, seem identical, or even all that similar, is a big reach.

The difference between these cases is INCOMPETENT-(possibly politically motivated) PROSECUTION vs (at least so far) A PATIENT COMPETENT INVESTIGATION AND PROSECUTION TEAM.

The Atlanta prosecutor charged RL with murder while KNOWING that his own chief witness placed RL in the LIMO at the time of the murder. WHY would you do that????

hmmmm, black prosecutor looking to run in an election rushes prosecution before the investigation is done. Compare that with the AH investigation - - they searched his house (what?) 3 times before charging him.
So Howard (prosecutor) charges him (RL) with a crime he didnt commit. Instead of charging him with accessory and getting him to flip on his compadres. All 3 walk because the prosecutor was an idiot.

The second difference is the 2 criminals are SMART vs STUPID.

RL got his posse in the limo, Sweeting dumped the knife after wiping it of prints, and RL dumped all the bloody clothes where the stupid Atlanta cops couldnt find them and ran his posse back to the hotel to match up their stories before the cops could catch up to them....... despite the fact that they did the murder in the middle of the street of the busiest nightspot in Atlanta (Buckhead).
- Even after RL paid off the victims family to get the civil suit dropped he still never came clean on the whole deal - forced all the folks he paid off to sign confidentiality agreements.

Then when the prosecutor finally did "FLIP" RL for a misdemeanor charge on lying to the cops; RL feeds the prosecutor the story they cooked up in the hotel room that gets his two compadres Sweeting and Oakley off on a self-defense acquittal - that the other 2 guys came after them.

SELF-DEFENSE MY AZZ.....
The one guy was reportedly stabbed (I think it was) 8 times and the blade hit the heart twice and some 4 other vital organs at least once. That is a professional hit. The forensics experts stated you had to know where you were aiming at to hit that percentage of killing strokes - let alone knowing enough to have the right kind of knife to get past the ribs.

Sweeting/Oakley jumped out of the limo with the knife in hand... looking to take the guys out. Essentially chasing after them. But they got off based on RL testimony. Sure the other guys hit him with a champgne bottle --- You see someone coming at you with a knife; WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO - use whatever you got.

At the end of the day; although RL is less of a THUG than AH and the rest of the NFL will vote him into the HoF; I think he rots in a similar compartment of hell when he goes. And if the Atlanta prosecutor didnt have his head up his azz; RL would have done time and Ravens would have dumped him while he was behind bars. But true to their nature, i'm sure Modell/Billick would have waited til the conviction came through to release him. (that to me is their reputation)

The same type of idiots that would tolerate the RLs of the world were on display in Boston - shouting innocent at AH during the perp walk. But i think the proportion of idiots who will tolerate a murdering thug in B-more is higher - particularly when the atlanta prosecution gives the low-information crowd such cover by dorking up the evidence so badly.

I'm just glad the Patriots are willing to man up to the mistake and cut bait as soon as possible on this waste of space.

Agreed with everything you said. Until this:

But i think the proportion of idiots who will tolerate a murdering thug in B-more is higher

Just because Baltimore has a much larger crime problem doesn't mean that people think its cool. Seriously. I lived there before fwiw, but it shouldn't even take that to recognize no one roots for criminals except fringe folks and crazies.

Had Lewis been found guilty of accessory, and the refuge of "he's innocent" been taken away from the fans, they would regard him with plenty of disgust for it.

You're preaching to the wrong guy, pal. :rolleyes:

I never said that they should have known ~ only that, so far's we know, it's arguable.

I replied to your post to agree with you as well as to segue into why I disagree with others. Sorry for the confusion....

People can and have been seduced by reclamation projects. Unfortunately, some people cannot be saved from themselves in spite of the good intentions surrounding them.

The following is BS !- Ray Lewis Apologism and crap:

The second difference is the 2 criminals are SMART vs STUPID.

The third HUGE difference is that this is 2013 and there are CAMERAS everywhere, and your CELL PHONE and CAR are tracking devices and TEXTING is retrievable.

Times, they are a'changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey