PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning is more skilled than Brady? Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the great James Brown said....

" I got mine.....and He's got his."

end of story

I apologize to Ian and my other friends here for crossing the line with that post. I should not have said those things publicly.

Yes you should have. I'm glad you did.
Numbers are numbers.
Lives are not numbers.

I apologize to Ian and my other friends here for crossing the line with that post. I should not have said those things publicly.

You dont need to apologize. You showed much more restraint than I would have.

As a mod I applaud you for at least speaking up. The problem here is overweaning fear of censure. I just don't get it. What is the point of having rules when no one capable of enforcing them posesses the will to... Ian doesn't seem to have the same problem with dealing with problem children (except for that one infamous one...) that his mods do.

We're gearing up for a new season and a new round of board wars, I can just feel it building. Where a handful of malcontents and the troll du jour unite to make this board a free thinkers free speech zone rather than an intelligent place to talk about football and the NEP. It's become like the seasonal life cycle here.

Last edited:
yeah...been waiting for you...knew you'd apologize

did you apologize when you left the board in a huff last year??

no...I was devastated

did you jump me in this thread when I jumped that troll?...no...your silence was tacit approval of my take

Now you want to apologize?? For what that cretin said that is offensive to ANYONE with a dyam brain?

No. YOU don't apologize. I apologize for nitwits like this clown who lack the education, understanding and plain manners that would lead to such ignorant bigotry.

You must know this.I was just abour to post a thread calling for YOU to be recognized as Patriot fan number one...out of all of us...and NOT because you're Jewish...a fact I picked up on the first time you ever posted..because ..well...I'm wicked smart. No, it's because I've been all over the world too and I'm reasonably certain there ain't many NFL fans of Chinese descent in China, which makes YOU the furthest diehard Pats fan on the planet. Being Jewish has to be tough in a country where the closest kosher food is Peking duck(too salty for me, I prefer lox)

So stuff it...and tell me YOU knew he was a troll all the time too. It's OK...I know how you world weary Levites are.

Wow. you have actually left me speechless here. I don't know what to say, except thank you.

At first I did have a problem with him, and then I was stupid, I guess.

Also, maybe it wasn't strong enough, but still: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...n-brady-please-explain-page6.html#post1419538

Yes you should have. I'm glad you did.
Numbers are numbers.
Lives are not numbers.

As a mod I applaud you for at least speaking up. The problem here is overweaning fear of censure. I just don't get it. What is the point of having rules when no one capable of enforcing them posesses the will to... Ian doesn't seem to have the same problem with dealing with problem children (except for that one infamous one...) that his mods do.

We're gearing up for a new season and a new round of board wars, I can just feel it building. Where a handful of malcontents and the troll du jour unite to make this board a free thinkers free speech zone rather than an intelligent place to talk about football and the NEP. It's become like the seasonal life cycle here.

Thanks for the support guys.

When there are 50+ pages of numerous posters (including me) responding to the guy, I don't see banning as in the best interest of the board. When I see FU and the despicable post toward Patjew, then it crosses the line.
IMO, people with divergent viewpoints are not to be banned for their views, particularly when other posters clearly wish to respond to them.

Thanks for the support guys.

I apologize for the insensitive, ignorant and flippant analogy I made. I can give you the reasons I said it, but there is no excuse for it. I'm sorry. I don't blame you for saying what you did in response. I got too riled up and forgot myself.

Apart from that, I don't apologize for telling the people where to stick it that called me stupid and called the place I love the armpit of the world (among other things before that)...this was the last straw for me. It got way too personal there for me. I bring this up because moderators have to be more consistent (or even active at all) around here, not just jump in when things have gone WAY too far. I got the impression it was acceptable to be rude around here. No way I was "seeking attention" either.

I signed up again for the sole reason to apologize to Patjew. I'm banned forever, and I'll respect that. I guess you must know who this is...feldspar. My name is mud, just about literally. :banned:

Last edited:
As an unbiased observer from way up in MN - I believe Manning is a better QB (Most of the time). I listened to a lot of arguments in favor of both players on this message board and the Colts message board and after awhile I just went with the 'eye test'. Although, I would take Tom Brady in a big game because he doesn't get rattled. Both teams are extremely lucky to have such talented players at the QB position.

Although I think Randy Moss is the GOAT. :cool:

Hahaha, well we agree on one thing, so that's good. Manning's a hell of a QB, and I agree that you can't go wrong either way. If you'd care to, could you maybe elaborate on what it was about the eye test that swayed you towards Manning?

Last edited:
Hahaha, well we agree on one thing, so that's good. Manning's a hell of a QB, and I agree that you can't go wrong either way. If you'd care to, could you maybe elaborate on what it was about the eye test that swayed you towards Manning?

It might just be that I have watched Brady more so I notice the flaws. When I watch Manning and he is on his game, his accuracy is crazy good. He always seems to know what the defense is doing and how to beat it. His arm is also somewhat stronger. Brady is no slouch in any one of those areas, so that's saying something.

I think Brady has a better mental game and I like that he throws less interceptions. He also doesn't really have those off games that Manning sometimes has. The 07' Superbowl was about the worst i've ever seen him play (I give credit to that Giants D-line) and I've seen Manning play plenty worse then that (multiple times). So I think Manning has more fluctuation. He has less consistency, if that makes sense.

So if Manning brings his A-game I would take him but if he brings anything less then that I would take Brady. But when Manning is on, I believe he is the best quarterback.

Last edited:
It might just be that I have watched Brady more so I notice the flaws. When I watch Manning and he is on his game, his accuracy is crazy good. He always seems to know what the defense is doing and how to beat it. His arm is also somewhat stronger. Brady is no slouch in any one of those areas, so that's saying something.

I think Brady has a better mental game and I like that he throws less interceptions. He also doesn't really have those off games that Manning sometimes has. The 07' Superbowl was about the worst i've ever seen him play (I give credit to that Giants D-line) and I've seen Manning play plenty worse then that (multiple times). So I think Manning has more fluctuation. He has less consistency, if that makes sense.

So if Manning brings his A-game I would take him but if he brings anything less then that I would take Brady. But when Manning is on, I believe he is the best quarterback.

Definitely, I think that's a very reasonable assessment.

I apologize for the insensitive, ignorant and flippant analogy I made. I can give you the reasons I said it, but there is no excuse for it. I'm sorry. I don't blame you for saying what you did in response. I got too riled up and forgot myself.

Apart from that, I don't apologize for telling the people where to stick it that called me stupid and called the place I love the armpit of the world (among other things before that)...this was the last straw for me. It got way too personal there for me. I bring this up because moderators have to be more consistent (or even active at all) around here, not just jump in when things have gone WAY too far. I got the impression it was acceptable to be rude around here. No way I was "seeking attention" either.

I signed up again for the sole reason to apologize to Patjew. I'm banned forever, and I'll respect that. I guess you must know who this is...feldspar. My name is mud, just about literally. :banned:

Thanks for coming back here and saying that. That was nice of you.

Geewhiz PJ. I stopped reading this thread last week, and I guess i missed some things. After going back over the last 10 pages, ummmm, well, wow. I got nothing, im speechless. Nice job ;)

Hey, did they ever settle who's the best? I was thinking we should add Scott Zolak to the discussion :D

Geewhiz PJ. I stopped reading this thread last week, and I guess i missed some things. After going back over the last 10 pages, ummmm, well, wow. I got nothing, im speechless. Nice job ;)

Hey, did they ever settle who's the best? I was thinking we should add Scott Zolak to the discussion :D

I think it's the best current QB, so we better add Culpepper to the discussion.

You're a far better man than I Patjew. I'm still stewing over those comments.. and I'm not even Jewish ;)

You're a far better man than I Patjew. I'm still stewing over those comments.. and I'm not even Jewish ;)

This is my last post here...

I'm honestly ashamed of myself for stooping to that level. I hope you can forgive me. It doesn't reflect who I really am at all. I'm not ignorant about the subject...actually read thousands of pages about it and am as indignant about it as any other thinking person. The reality of it is way beyond my comprehension...way beyond just reading about it or hearing stories from survivors or survivors families. What I said was only meant to be a comment about "mob mentality," only I went about it in the worst possible way.

I'm no racist or persecutor of religion.

I have nothing but respect for Jews as a race or religion in general...as I do for all other people in general. We are all the same, in other words. If I didn't respect all people IN GENERAL, I wouldn't be able to respect myself, which I still do even though I make mistakes (obviously)...just like everyone else, for that matter. For people to think that I lacked respect would truly bother me, although people on this board don't really know who I am anyway.

I wouldn't be saying these things if I didn't care, so please don't put me down to the lowest level...or I might just have to post again. We don't want that.

This is my last post here...

I'm honestly ashamed of myself for stooping to that level. I hope you can forgive me. It doesn't reflect who I really am at all. I'm not ignorant about the subject...actually read thousands of pages about it and am as indignant about it as any other thinking person. The reality of it is way beyond my comprehension...way beyond just reading about it or hearing stories from survivors or survivors families. What I said was only meant to be a comment about "mob mentality," only I went about it in the worst possible way.

I'm no racist or persecutor of religion.

I have nothing but respect for Jews as a race or religion in general...as I do for all other people in general. We are all the same, in other words. If I didn't respect all people IN GENERAL, I wouldn't be able to respect myself, which I still do even though I make mistakes (obviously)...just like everyone else, for that matter. For people to think that I lacked respect would truly bother me, although people on this board don't really know who I am anyway.

I wouldn't be saying these things if I didn't care, so please don't put me down to the lowest level...or I might just have to post again. We don't want that.
Fair enough feldspar. The only reason I took exception is I'm only 26. My grandparents fought in the war, I lost a lot of family fighting against the Nazi's and then both sets of grandparents emigrated to Australia with my parents to give their family greater opportunities. That's something no amount of words can express through thanks on my behalf.

I realise what your post was intended to induce, you just didn't go the right way about it.

Point taken and apology accepted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back