PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins MCL injury hopes to be back for playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if Light and Volmer can come back this week it will give me a chance to see happen something I've been touting for more than half a decade. You put Volmer back at RT, move Solder to LT, and move Light down to LG and see how that looks.

I have more faith in Mankins coming back in three weeks than I do of Volmer making it back in three weeks.

Two weeks should be enough for a minor MCL sprain for an o-lineman. Something serious will take far longer. The good thing is Mankins is tough and it didn't look that serious based on how he was moving on the sidelines (and the fact he didn't immediately go into the lockerroom).

MCL sprain for a 300lb+ guy is a serious matter no matter how tough you are. Will not surprise me if we won't see him until we reach the Super Bowl even if at all.

How many weeks has Spikes been out?

See you in 3 weeks, Logan...

MCL sprain for a 300lb+ guy is a serious matter no matter how tough you are. Will not surprise me if we won't see him until we reach the Super Bowl even if at all.

How many weeks has Spikes been out?

Totally different situations. Spikes couldn't walk when he got his injury. Mankins fought with Belichick to go back in after he injured his (Mankins tried to go back in after changing his brace and Belichick overruled Mankins according to Greg Beddard).

All I know is Nick Mangold had a MCL sprain and only missed two weeks. An o-lineman can recover quicker from an injury like this because they don't cut or change directions like other players do.

Totally different situations. Spikes couldn't walk when he got his injury. Mankins fought with Belichick to go back in after he injured his (Mankins tried to go back in after changing his brace and Belichick overruled Mankins according to Greg Beddard).

All I know is Nick Mangold had a MCL sprain and only missed two weeks. An o-lineman can recover quicker from an injury like this because they don't cut or change directions like other players do.

I think it's more the fact that with a good brace linesmen are less likely to further injure the ligament, but same idea.

Remember that monumentally stupid thread last week wondering if we're better off NOT having a bye?

Every game played increases the odds that a player gets injured and takes away a golden opportunity for the wounded to heal.

Rest well Logan et. al.

Last edited:

I certainly hope you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back