PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler:One hit wonder (Sterling Moore 2.0) or legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said with 32nd Pick in 2015 NFL Draft I would take a CB.

Why on God's green earth would you do that?

I like Butler. Quite a bit, actually. I think he could be an Arrington-esque player for us. I've also not lost hope with Logan Ryan. I continue to believe that, like McCourty, he's better suited as a safety given his consistent struggles in man coverage.

He reminds me of Samuel

The stupid is strong with this one.
images

I like Butler. Quite a bit, actually. I think he could be an Arrington-esque player for us. I've also not lost hope with Logan Ryan. I continue to believe that, like McCourty, he's better suited as a safety given his consistent struggles in man coverage.

Incase Revis bolts for greener pastures in 2016...get a new picture for your avatar he shaved his beard.

In my opinion he is going to be a solid corner for us. But even if he decided to retire right now he will go down as a Hall of Famer in my eyes for that INT.

Is it Darius?
Lmao. No, it was Malcolm... The little picture I used is even a pic of Butler jumping at Revis in an awkward pose from this preseason (back when his jersey number was 29)

Hard to imagine him not making the team next season but competition is going to be really tough if Revis returns.

Butler > Arrington
As a cover guy it does seem that Butler is more fluid and better at positioning.

Too early to tell but there is no doubt that Arrington is what he is. Not sure how much more upside Butler has.

Part of the reason for the Pats' success this year was their multiple looks in the backfield and their ability to be flexible. There were times when Logan Ryan looked lost and then times when he looked great. Same with Arrington, same with Butler. They're not the 1 and 2 for a reason, but the team of them makes for great depth and allows Patricia to mix / match coverages. I say keep 'em all if you can.

I would like to think that Malcolm Butler's future is in his hands meaning if he works hard he will continue to advance.

Incase Revis bolts for greener pastures in 2016...get a new picture for your avatar he shaved his beard.

Yeah, fortunately this is not going to happen. Try early day 3 for a CB. Anything before is a waste of early draft capital that simply needs to go into the trenches.

He reminds me of Samuel

Oh god no. When Kearse made that catch and they showed the 2007 grab, the first thing I noticed is how Samuel left his receiver (Tyree). Samuel blew 2 plays on that drive.

If I have to watch Arrington or Ryan make one nice PD for every three times they get scorched next season...I'm gonna hurl.
Arrington wasn't getting torched in the SB. He was trying to cover a guy who had 7 inches on him with a QB who excels at throwing jump balls.
He reminds me of Samuel
How's that? Afraid to tackle? :)

How bout we just enjoy one of the biggest plays in Boston Sports History and wait till training camp to discuss the guy's future?????
Couldn't agree more. I have seen that pick replayed at least 100 times since Sunday, and I could watch it 1000 more. For those who have NFL Network, catch Inside the NFL this week if you can. The field level footage is amazing. The point where the Pats coach on the sideline screams, "Three Corners! Malcolm, go!" and Butler runs past to take his position gave me chills.

He looks much better than Dennard. He has elite closing speed and instincts as the ball arrives. He just broke up 5 passes in the 2nd half of a close SB, all with a high degree of difficulty, although one of those bounced into the receiver's hands afterwards. Wilson couldn't beat him and said afterward that Butler played "extremely well" after he entered the game in the 2nd half.

Butler had a great game outside of that interception as well. He was credited with 3 pass break ups, and would have had another if not for Kearse's circus catch. He played the ball extremely well on that play too. An amazing athletic play that won't get the credit it deserves.

Dang, how quickly we forget what Arrington did to T.Y. Hilton...

I'm guessing we extend Revis. That saves us a ton of cap space and allows us to re-up McCourty. A Belichick binkie. He's coming back. We'll have all 10 db's who finished the season under contract. Along with Alfonso Dennard. Who was pretty good his first two years and had an injury marred 3rd year. If not the best, certainly the deepest defensive back corp in the NFL.

Oh god no. When Kearse made that catch and they showed the 2007 grab, the first thing I noticed is how Samuel left his receiver (Tyree). Samuel blew 2 plays on that drive.

Just his size and how he attacks the slants. IDK...reminds me of Samuel for better or for worse.

Butler is legit...from practice this year and what the other Cbs say of him...legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back