PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like we will be seeing Dalvin Cook

Cook really won't have much of a choice where he goes if the Vikes trade him and that team doesn't want to do a new deal.

I don't see him going to the Bills since they don't have cap space. But Miami has about $14 million. So they might go after him.

I think some of these threads that get started are worthless and simply a waste of time. Who cares if a RB on another team says he wants to get traded, and mentions his home team or with his brother as possible places to go play. Don't clog up this board with this crap.

It's still a mystery how this guy wasn't either thrown in jail or cancelled by the NFL when he admitted he beat up his girlfriend.

2022 - 1173 yards, 8 TDs, 264 carries, 4.4 YPC

interested suitors - Miami, Denver

Still an elite RB, but like Hopkins, there are not a ton of contenders out there with $$ to throw around. Miami is his home town, so I suspect he'll end up there. Dolphins almost traded for him.

Last edited:
When healthy he is one of the top 5 RB's in the game. Can catch the ball too, though he was underused in this area.

As most elite RB's, they are overpaid.

I'm hoping Stevenson can give the Patriots a prime Cook type season. Cook has had a very nice career so far but his production really dipped in the second half of last season... could be a red flag.

Last edited:
I'm hoping Stevenson can give the Patriots a prime Cook type season. Cook has had a very nice career so far but his production really dipped in the season half of last season... could be a red flag.
I don't know he's not old by RB Standards but when you have a guy like Jefferson you're probably a pass first Team.

Interesting who's the Vikes succession plan for him??:confused:

Mattinson. The Vikes already re-signed the kid....

Now they have Justin Jefferson $$$$$......

I don't know he's not old by RB Standards but when you have a guy like Jefferson you're probably a pass first Team.
In terms of age, at almost 28yo he isn't old but he is his late 50s in RB years. Hes getting near the end.

The guy has been averaging 280 touches a year since his rookie year and playing about 70% of the snaps. Thats is the definition of bellcow. Hes not a big guy either.

Since he has a $14.1m cap number and the team can save $9m this year, he is hes expensive, "old" and getting laid off.

Not elite rn and production has been slipping the past few years. We already have a better RB we're paying cheap. No unless it's pennies on the dollar.

Sign all beasts

Not elite rn and production has been slipping the past few years.

He was still 6th in rush yards last year and had 8 rush TDs and 2 passing TDs. His numbers did slip but that could be bc of a bad offensive line in Minnesota.

Cook is great but he hurts that shoulder every year. Miami is the rumor but he' be smart to just "Zeke-it" and wait for camp injuries

He was still 6th in rush yards last year and had 8 rush TDs and 2 passing TDs. His numbers did slip but that could be bc of a bad offensive line in Minnesota.
He had 1170 yards. That's not "elite." Hes a really good back but we already have a better RB that's cheaper. I'm not seeing the fit from a money or scheme pov.

He had 1170 yards. That's not "elite." Hes a really good back but we already have a better RB that's cheaper. I'm not seeing the fit from a money or scheme pov.

When elite RBs start to slip it is amazing how quickly they fall off. He will slip but still produce this year, but my guess is that he will really fall off in 2024. Not worth it for 1 year. Miami can have him.

I'm hoping Stevenson can give the Patriots a prime Cook type season. Cook has had a very nice career so far but his production really dipped in the second half of last season... could be a red flag.
Cook has been a great back, his lanes were alot wider with JJ, and hockenson.. all I can say is if he comes to the AFC east we best be deep on the defensive line!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back