PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking forward to "popcorn time" with Mike Pereira

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet they don't even address that game, and if they do they'll probably only address the reception that was ruled in bounds, but ended up getting reversed after BB threw the flag.

Last edited:
That way, they can say "the system works!"

I've never seen the show so I don't know the format or how situations (poor officiating) are dealt with on it. But I will say, I'd love nothing more than to see a clip showing each of the bad calls (from the sideline 'reception' to the Hobbs PI, Moss' phantom offensive PI to Faulk getting mauled), and just a general response to the COLLECTION of bad calls.

I know something like this wouldn't happen, but it'd be great for non-Pats fans across the country to see a collection of everything we've been discussing the past few days. None of this was in the game recaps on any of the websites (in the few that mentioned the calls they just glossed over it with 'shoddy officiating', as though it went both ways).

Anyway, I look forward to a recap of the show tonight (alas, no NFLN at home).

There's a bit of the old Eastern-Bloc style propaganda to the whole program. It exists to tell you just how happy you are with your ruling officials.

Im 100000000000000000000000% posetive that they will not ask him about the Hobbs call. No way. The only seem to throw him hittable pitches.

Last edited:
So has this show gone on air yet? Anybody seen it? OR can it be seen on sopcast maybe?

Last edited:
Pats Deb,The replay of the Pats-Colts game is on tonight.(Wed).8-9 pm depending on the time zone,I believe..

Thanks to you and others who responded!

Re: Nfl Network segment with the head referee

Wednesdays. But usually depends on what the host asks and pierrera usually skirts around the calls..i have never seen him accept a mistake.

I have. I have seen him fall on the sword. In fact the only time I actually watched that segment, was him admitting they blew it. Maybe it was the only time it happened.

Re: Nfl Network segment with the head referee

I have. I have seen him fall on the sword. In fact the only time I actually watched that segment, was him admitting they blew it. Maybe it was the only time it happened.

I've seen the show twice now.

Both times there was at least 1 very bad call reviewed and then mostly a bunch of correct ones or gray-area calls if you will.

The first time he admitted when the officials blew the call. He made no bones about it. Just said that it was the wrong call and that mistakes happen.

The other time he seemed less sure that it was a bad call. He said that it was a highly judgemental call that could go either way (I completely disagreed). He refused to admit that the ref screwed up and drolled on an on in a torturous explanation.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I've seen him play it both ways. I really hope they ask him about this game so we can see how he handles it.

Actually,Dragda I've seen him do that also(hope it wasnt the same segment)...thats why I posted the question in the first place,keeping in mind,as another poster stated"they only throw him pitches they know he can hit"..

I'll have to wait till tommorow to catch it. Should be interesting.

anything yet?

It's on at 7.

Will the Official Review segment repeat at the 12:30 edition of NFL Access?

I'm at work so I missing the one that's on right now.

I wouldn't expect to see him until 7:30-7:45, that's when he normally discusses the contraversial penalty calls... :rolleyes:

The tiny Perriera tease they did earlier on only mentioned some questionable play in the JETS 8th loss...

That better not be it.

Yup, they'll say "This is why replay is important, and an example of the officials getting it right upon further review" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Will the Official Review segment repeat at the 12:30 edition of NFL Access?

I'm at work so I missing the one that's on right now.

The whole program just gets repeated incessantly every few hours with brief cut in updates if needed until the following evening. That's what football 24/7 passes for...

Pereira is gonna be on after the commercial break.

OK it's up after the break (7:45) and Eisen just said they are going to take a look at the Ellis Hobbs PI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back