PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking forward to "popcorn time" with Mike Pereira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, he's white washing that Ellis Hobbes PI, what an a-hole

what'd he say? what'd he say?

Said Hobbs cut off the WR before he looked for the ball.

Such bull****, Wayne had his arms draped all over Hobbes

What a freaking wuss, the only play that he criticized the officials on was a 5 yard penalty.

I wish he would have explained the 8 other bogus calls against the Pats.

don't tell me thats all we get from this cornicopia of officiating crap we saw sunday!! Oh my goodness!

Well he says this was PI based on the cutoff rule which says if contact between the players comes before the defender (who has cut in front) has turned to look for the ball it is PI. Ellis was clearly in the act of turning his head AS he contacted Wayne but apparently the guy who threw the flag from behind and couldn't see the contact had X-ray vision... So on replay it was the right call by a half a head turn or a split second and the official who flagged it guessed right by the letter of the rule.

Wish they had looked at a couple from that game, but I guess we got the one he could best defend. ;)

So, basically he's saying its illegal for Hobbs to run in front of Wayne without making contact with him because he wasn't looking at the ball, but its perfectly legal for him to run in front of Wayne without making contact with if he is looking for the ball. That makes no sense. The rule is "Pass Interference." For interference to occur contact must be made and the reciever has to be impeded off his route. Wayne tackled Hobbs. That was the only contact made. Wayne sure wasn't looking at the ball when he tackled Hobbs. What a joke.

I'm really surprised you all expected anything different. What's he going to say: "Yeah, the crew really ****ed up that call. Sorry." ??

So, basically he's saying its illegal for Hobbs to run in front of Wayne without making contact with him because he wasn't looking at the ball, but its perfectly legal for him to run in front of Wayne without making contact with if he is looking for the ball. That makes no sense. The rule is "Pass Interference." For interference to occur contact must be made and the reciever has to be impeded off his route. Wayne tackled Hobbs. That was the only contact made. Wayne sure wasn't looking at the ball when he tackled Hobbs. What a joke.

It's what Polian hath wrought.

This stuff is a joke... it's a conspiracy, but a true one at that; that the NFL is against Belichick for the most part.

They hate him with a passion...

F_CK them...

Wish they'd wound the tape back a bit further so we could see if Hobbs had his head turn and located the ball before looking back to Wayne as they intersected. This was a 40 yard bomb -- Hobbs had plenty of time to locate the ball before the contact was made.

Things like this only fuel a fire...Coach is using the mental approach of everyone hates you, everyone wants you and they think you stink so you have to cheat! It is fun to watch this machine keep right on cranking.

Anyone know where to come up with an email address for Mike Perreira?

ha, i doubt he would make THAT public....he isnt stupid i dont think...

The ref didn't throw the flag when the so called infraction occurred both players were on the ground and then the flag came floating down. A bull**** call and bull**** explanation. The NFL officials are in the pocket of somebody either the incompetent Goodell or the bookmakers. They tried like hell to insure a colt victory but Evil prevailed and the Patriots won. Hey Roger take that flag and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes