PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking back at the infamous 4th down and 2 call...

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Rob0709's views, the Pats offense can never lose a game because in any loss, the last meaningful points were given up by the Patriots defense to the opposing team.

It's a neat little trick to never lay blame on the offense. Ever.

Re: Looking back at the infamous 4th Down and 2 call.....

When I try to be objective, I realize that there is almost no way that the Pats will (barring something '03/'04 era miraculous) beat the likes of Cincy, San Diego, Indy, not to mention Minny or Nawlins. If they can't pressure any QB, the elite QBs will surely torch them.

Plus when you play us, you also have to beat the refs. The refs suck. The refs. The refs. Yeah. That's it. NE homers take one bogus PI call from the NE/INDY game (Yeah, it was bogus, I can admit it), and a VERY close spot "issue" which could've gone either way, and all we hear from NE fans is how the refs are on our side. I mean, the Hou/Indy thread should've been titled "the refs want the Colts to win thread". I cannot BELIEVE how many of you educated fans still ***** about the AFCCG. When in doubt, blame the refs. When feeling insecure about the team, blame the refs. ****ies do the same thing on our board. Get a clue about the game.

The refs do give preferential treatment due to Polian's chairmanship and also his constant sending of tapes complaining, BUT a better team will still win the games despite calls against them.

Sorry guys, I pretty much derailed the thread. Just venting after reading the HOU/INDY threat in the visitor section. Carry on.....

Sorry guys, I pretty much derailed the thread. Just venting after reading the HOU/INDY threat in the visitor section. Carry on.....

It is ok... because Peyton and company will choke and not get it done in the playoffs AS USUAL:)

It is ok... because Peyton and company will choke and not get it done in the playoffs AS USUAL:)

Wow. You've contributed a well thought out post - congrats. Question for you - IF the Colts win the Super Bowl this year, will "Peyton and company" still have this label from certain NE fans. I do say certain fans.

I love the Pats as much as anybody, and the playoff thing is still partially true after they won a ring, but concerning Peyton choke jobs...

That was true what, 5 years ago?

Since then the Colts have beaten us 5 of the last 6 meetings, and Peyton Manning has not only not choked, but pulled a half dozen wins out of his a*s that no other QB could do.

Last edited:
This defense which normally starts to gel as the season progresses is doing a reversal this year,The defense is getting progressively worse as the weeks go on and it is quite concerning.

The defense played well up to the Colts and Saints games ... the 2 best teams in the NFL right now. So are they getting worse or are they showing their weaknesses. Seeing how we're on the back nine of the season I would say their weaknesses are obvious to the opponents when they gameplan for us. I still think we get better ... except for maybe the pass rush.

The defense played well up to the Colts and Saints games ... the 2 best teams in the NFL right now. So are they getting worse or are they showing their weaknesses. Seeing how we're on the back nine of the season I would say their weaknesses are obvious to the opponents when they gameplan for us. I still think we get better ... except for maybe the pass rush.

Understood. We have no good pass rusher. Nevertheless, if BB can't find a way to get Jarvis Green, Banta-Cain, AD, Wright, Burgess, Pryor, Mayo , Meriweather, Chung, McGowan et al. somewhere near the QB in key situations, then he is not much of a coach. It just depends on what one is willing to risk. Against Manning or Brees, we have seen that we need to risk more.

We don't even know if the team doesn't have good pass rushers because Pees ONLY blitzes Banta Cain.

It's like saying we don't have any good tight ends because O'Brien never calls Watson or Baker's number in the passing game.

We don't even know if the team doesn't have good pass rushers because Pees ONLY blitzes Banta Cain.

It's like saying we don't have any good tight ends because O'Brien never calls Watson or Baker's number in the passing game.

That simply is not true; they send lots of guys at times, but with little success. Heck, they sent Wilhite when Meriweather was asleep on the broken coverage TD in NO. But even on third and long, when we all know Burgess is in there to rush the passer, we fail to generate even a semblance of pressure. We truly suck at rushing the passer, but I do agree that Pees does not make it the priority it should be.

Trading away Vrabel and Seymour were poor ideas especially when Bruschi and Harrison were retired. The D is yound and they need to bring in a DB that stop a premiere WR.

That simply is not true; they send lots of guys at times, but with little success. Heck, they sent Wilhite when Meriweather was asleep on the broken coverage TD in NO. .

I respect your opinion but I'm not seeing the same thing. They may have sent Wilhite once but the LB's and safeties are routinely far off the line of scrimmage and very very rarely blitzing besides Banta Cain.

Who else are they sending, as much as they are Banta Cain, at the QB?

Last edited:
Wow. You've contributed a well thought out post - congrats. Question for you - IF the Colts win the Super Bowl this year, will "Peyton and company" still have this label from certain NE fans. I do say certain fans.

I would think a little bit more of them...... it is unlikely they will win...

at the worst 3 would still be better than 2....... but I do not see a 2 coming for Peyton.:)

I love the Pats as much as anybody, and the playoff thing is still partially true after they won a ring, but concerning Peyton choke jobs...

That was true what, 5 years ago?

Since then the Colts have beaten us 5 of the last 6 meetings, and Peyton Manning has not only not choked, but pulled a half dozen wins out of his a*s that no other QB could do.

I see your point w/ Patriot chokes of late.....

- but it is only the PLAYOFF'S that count.:) and good old Peyton is below .500 in them

I would think a little bit more of them...... it is unlikely they will win...

at the worst 3 would still be better than 2....... but I do not see a 2 coming for Peyton.:)

Simple question requires a simple answer. Thanks for the elaboration though.

that was a simple answer Troll:). You just gotta accept Peyton is Great during regular season and is a lesser player in the playoffs when it really counts.:)

I see your point w/ Patriot chokes of late.....

- but it is only the PLAYOFF'S that count.:) and good old Peyton is below .500 in them

Sure, Peyton is 7-8 in the playoffs. The reason that I am dumbfounded is because of your blatant disregard for the HERE and NOW. Right now, all things are equal as far as the playoffs go. We'll see what they do this year. Also, I'm beginning to think that your taste in music is indicative of your brain size.

don't get too excited..... you guys have played a ridiculously WEAK schedule....

You will see more REAL teams in the playoffs..... INDY is not even 3rd favorites to win when considering the competition and history of CHOKE.

Trading away Vrabel and Seymour were poor ideas especially when Bruschi and Harrison were retired. The D is yound and they need to bring in a DB that stop a premiere WR.

no it was not....... he made a move to better the future.

Deal with it...... A GREAT move.

Seymour was not worth his current pay for play and like we would really be resigning him after this year........ get real!!!!!!

Perfect play by BB... I back him 100%..... Pioli/NE nepotism helped us deal away Vrabel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft