PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Randy Moss waived by Vikings [mergedx19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best ending for the Vikings here is that Childress is gone and Favre is gone.

Randy Moss becomes the OC / WR ... first player coach in the modern NFL ?

LaCanfora now reporting an official statement from Childress has been released. Moss is waived. Will happen Tuesday. Teams will have 24 hours to put their claims in.

I believe, though, that San Fran and the NYG will be at the bottom since they both just received people who were waived..

Looks like tomorrow it will be official. Gonna be interesting

Prepare for Wednesday:

“This decision was made based on what we thought was in the best interests of the Minnesota Vikings, both in the short and long term,” said Owner Ziggy Wilf. “We wish Brad the best as he moves forward in his career.

Wow. "Merged x19." Is that a record for the board?

commme on randy signing for the minimum with the pats as a FA hahah hope this deal works out vikings give us a 3rd and pay randy's salary for a 4 game rental

Lombardi made a great point... he really would be a threat in miami... imagine that receiving corps with marshal moss and bess... with that running game as well that's a nightmare. i hope he doesn't get claimed by them

The only thing in this is that Branch is going to be a good contributor when healthy. How does his health play into all this?

I know this does not necessarily translate to bringing Randy back, but we have to keep an eye on 84.

Lombardi made a great point... he really would be a threat in miami... imagine that receiving corps with marshal moss and bess... with that running game as well that's a nightmare. i hope he doesn't get claimed by them

Wow, more fantasy football.

If Moss goes to Miami that would mean he would play the Jets in three different uniforms in one year. Has that ever happened before?

If Moss goes to Miami that would mean he would play the Jets in three different uniforms in one year. Has that ever happened before?

That'd be awesome, especially if they stole a win. That would put Randy back in the good books for a lot of people.

As for Moss, he was a great player for us who did a lot of great things. He left to do what was best for him, but the grass wasn't greener. Going from BB to Brad Childress is a bit of an eye-opener.

Part of me thinks I'd take him back on an incentive-laden contract next season. You saw the holes he opened up for Harvin. At the same time, I think Brady might then start focusing on him again. But I don't know. It sounds like if we want him back next season, we can get him back next season. If BB doesn't pursue it, then there's probably a good reason for it.

Good luck Randy, wherever you end up.

I doubt he would report to seattle.I will tell u that much.I dont know why the seahawks would be interested

KC would be a solid place for him to land. Cassel got him 69 catches and 1000 yards in 2008 and it would take pressure off Dwayne Bowe with another threat. They are a 5-2 team leading their division who would likely welcome him with open arms.....since their leading receiver only has 24 catches
Does it disrupt the chemistry or is it another piece to help get the back to respectability?.....
Food for thought.....

And lest we forget Rex Ryan's comment on the original trade:

On if there was gamesmanship involved in the trade…

"No, I don’t think so (smiling). Probably so. It’s good for New England the fact that he is playing this week. It would be real gamesmanship if they trade him back (laughter). That would be the one where it’s like, ‘That’s not right.’ I hope that doesn’t happen. "

The only thing that could make this any more bizarre is if Minn claims him off waivers.

That's so funny. I don't think so.

I think Lombardi predicted Randy will clear waivers. I am not sure. How exactly does this work with someone like Randy? I would think interested teams would contact his agent. Why would the Rams claim him if he does not want to go there? Or does that not matter? I would be curious to know what Randy's second choice would be.

This is the stupidest thing Chilly has ever done. It will be the end of his tenure in Minnesota; he will be done at the end of this season if not before.

A little bit more from Heath Evans on Moss, that DaBruinz originally noticed a few pages back.

TwitLonger: @GSpeed9 I have played w/ J.Rice/Ricky Waters/JR Seau/John Randle/Ted Bruschi/Tom Brady/& a few
@GSpeed9 I have played w/ J.Rice/Ricky Waters/JR Seau/John Randle/Ted Bruschi/Tom Brady/& a few more HOF's! My moss comments taken nothing away from Brees & my boys!

That was in response to somebody (looks like a Saints fan) who was trying to paint Evans into the same corner Moss was painted into: Twitter / Greg Hinyub: @HeathEvans wow,you put hi ...
@HeathEvans wow,you put him ahead of your own teamates,very odd!

More from Evans: TwitLonger: @ryanstapes No one said it was the media's fault! Can u read? All I said was the media doesn't know
ryanstapes No one said it was the media's fault! Can u read? All I said was the media doesn't know what they r talking about! Bill made a business decision & who knows what Childress is thinking?

That was in response to somebody with a Boston Celtics logo who appears to be a Pats fan and had this to say: Twitter / Ryan Stapleton: @HeathEvans Sent packing b ...
@HeathEvans Sent packing by 2 teams in 25 days but yeah it is the media's fault. Makes a lot of sense. How bout throwing Childress undr bus?

The big problem for Moss is that he has an extremely high football IQ ... maybe not the best common sense but those 2 don't usually coexist anyways.

So here at the Patriots he found himself in a great football situation - contract bothered him. he factors it all in and shoots his way out. Forgetting the most important thing in that very few coaches out there are as smart as he is ... very few. belichick had to know Moss was smarter than Chili ... he had to know . :p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents