PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Randy Moss waived by Vikings [mergedx19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That scumbag layed down like a dog yesterday. I feel fine is saying that if you want this douche back, you're a pathetic fan.

Grass is always greener...huh Moss?

1 catch 8 yards, go play in the CFL.

That scumbag layed down like a dog yesterday. I feel fine is saying that if you want this douche back, you're a pathetic fan.

You and others are entitled to your opinion, but you gotta respect Moss for everything that he did here in NE and what an outstanding football player he is.

Listening to Moss' PC last night that was some pretty genuine stuff. He legitimately loves the Pats and what they do and how they run a team. I think he ultimately wants to win a SB, and before he went to Minn. he wanted to the the star of that team and catch tons of passes every game. Once he got to Minn I think he realized he isnt going to win a championship if hes the super star. He realized how special it is to be on a real team like the Pats, and a team first motto is the only way a team will win a SB. I think going to the Vikings really made him realize how special the Patriots are and what needs to happen for him to win a championship before he retires (not be the #1 super star on a team, but be a team player and do whatever it takes even if it means not catching many passes)

I think your a scumbag.:rolleyes:

agreed

i guess who ever wanted branch bag is a scum bag to by that logic :rolleyes:

Did Branch quit on the field? Great logic genius.

BB and Brady only praised him after his flops because they needed to keep him happy for the sake of the locker room.

I also don't remember Branch having a horrible track record of being a selfish douche. He was young and wanted some $, its obvious when he speaks that he has grown up and matured, Randy Moss will never.

Last edited by a moderator:
Five teams that could claim WR Randy Moss once he is waived: 1) Rams; 2) Raiders; 3) Redskins; 4) Seahawks; 5) Chiefs. If no claim, Pats.

Per Scheftler's twitter. Interesting.

Can see all of these except the Raiders

My two cents:

Rams - I don't think either party will be interested. Rookie QB on a team that is pointing up but clearly not Super Bowl caliber.

Raiders - They might actually learn their lesson from what happened in Minnesota (don't bring the guy back). Volatile situation at QB, the team doesn't know who the hell their starter is, I don't think Randy wants any piece of that.

Redskins - Might be one Moss too many. McNabb and Shanahan are revered but not at the Brady and Belichick level. Plus disconnect with Haynesworth and, recently, McNabb cannot be ignored. Snyder might want to invest here but I doubt Randy does.

Seahawks - Maybe. But Seattle's not a great team either, their QB is a concussion waiting to happen, and they may not want to hinder the development of Mike Williams, Deon Butler, and Golden Tate. Randy might be fine with it, I don't know.

Chiefs - This one makes sense to me for the most part. Winning team on a division they should win. Obvious Patriots connection all over the place, especially with Cassel. Opportunity to start opposite of Dwayne Bowe. Only concern is their head coach is a hot-headed egomaniac with a history of butting heads with his wide receivers (Todd Haley).

I think he only wants to play for New England at this point, but nobody really knows what's going through his mind. And all that matters is what do the Patriots want to do if he becomes available.

What choices ... exciting :bricks: Cassel is the highest rated here at 90.4.

Bradford / Feely

Boller / Campbell

McNabb / Grossman

Hassellbeck

Cassel / Croyle

What choices ... exciting :bricks: Cassel is the highest rated here at 90.4.

Bradford / Feely

Boller / Campbell

McNabb / Grossman

Hassellbeck

Cassel / Croyle

Bottom line is Moss wants to win and I cant see him playing for a team unless they have a serious chance of winning the SB this season.

So, which of these is more idiotic?

1. Al trading Moss to us for a 4th, and watching him catch 23 TDs?

2. Vikes give us a 3rd for Moss, then cut him 3 wks later?

Bills plan to ruin Chillys life is right on schedule. Never mess with the Hoodie :mad:

How a Pats-Moss reunion could work - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Reiss made an interesting point about if Moss were willing to reduce his salary this season to get in line with Deion and Wes, that could be a good faith sign that he's willing to be a team player.

I know I should forget about Moss. It's time to move on. We had our good times. We had our bad times. We broke up on good terms. But thinking about him back here, with Branch and Welker too so Brady doesn't lock into just Moss, opening up the underneath stuff for Hernandez and Gronk and Wes and Deion...man...

I think he only wants to play for New England at this point,>>> but nobody really knows what's going through his mind.<<< And all that matters is what do the Patriots want to do if he becomes available.

Including Randy perhaps.

How a Pats-Moss reunion could work - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Reiss made an interesting point about if Moss were willing to reduce his salary this season to get in line with Deion and Wes, that could be a good faith sign that he's willing to be a team player.

I know I should forget about Moss. It's time to move on. We had our good times. We had our bad times. We broke up on good terms. But thinking about him back here, with Branch and Welker too so Brady doesn't lock into just Moss, opening up the underneath stuff for Hernandez and Gronk and Wes and Deion...man...

Money isn't the issue. People choose to remain in denial about the emotional drain Randy's insecurities placed on this organization over the last year or more. Bill kept him in line during the Cassel year, though it was pretty clear he struggled with the concept almost week to week. Last season we listened to presser after presser of Brady and Welker imploring guys and even specifically one guy to be mentally tough and push through whatever their issues were. At one point after calling him out in practice as he does all his receivers, Brady had to call Moss at home to apologize and calm him down. As did BB after sending him home along with the other lategate players...the only one of whom remaining (Guyton) is now a rotational player. Kraft was treated to the rude Moss display during his annual sponsors kickoff dinner. Trading Moss was just a continuation of the housecleaning Bill determined he had to do following 2009. People want to dismiss the reports that had he not been traded he was going to be waived here, too. Bill made his move while a trade was still possible, and he found the sucker that always exists in Childress. Were it not past the trade deadline I don't doubt Childress might have at least recouped a 6th because desperation and ego are seldom in short supply in the coaching ranks in this league.

Money isn't the issue. People choose to remain in denial about the emotional drain Randy's insecurities placed on this organization over the last year or more. Bill kept him in line during the Cassel year, though it was pretty clear he struggled with the concept almost week to week. Last season we listened to presser after presser of Brady and Welker imploring guys and even specifically one guy to be mentally tough and push through whatever their issues were. At one point after calling him out in practice as he does all his receivers, Brady had to call Moss at home to apologize and calm him down. As did BB after sending him home along with the other lategate players...the only one of whom remaining (Guyton) is now a rotational player. Kraft was treated to the rude Moss display during his annual sponsors kickoff dinner. Trading Moss was just a continuation of the housecleaning Bill determined he had to do following 2009. People want to dismiss the reports that had he not been traded he was going to be waived here, too. Bill made his move while a trade was still possible, and he found the sucker that always exists in Childress. Were it not past the trade deadline I don't doubt Childress might have at least recouped a 6th because desperation and ego are seldom in short supply in the coaching ranks in this league.

I dunna know, Mo. I do think the lack of a long-term deal has had some effect on RMs behavior (even though BB asked RM to come back to the table and said no) which resulted with him no longer part of the team. Part of me thinks that with his skill-set in a bit of decline, maybe RM is having a tough time coping with his own football mortality. Randy strikes me as a numbers guy which is another reason he was tough to corral once TB was down. Wish I knew.

As far as Guyton goes, I don't think his demotion is attributed to his lack of conformity as much as Spikes being a better defender vs the run. GG also looks bigger this year too. I wonder if hes lost a little speed?

Last edited:
The cryptkeeper weighs in with his idiocy.

Several possible landing spots for Moss - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

New England Patriots: For economic reasons, the Patriots probably wouldn’t claim him, but if he’s available for about $450,000, how fitting would it be to bring back Moss? The Patriots fleeced the Vikings for a third-round choice, and they could end up with the player for nine games.

Clayton is one of the worst guys over at that ESPN outfit, and that's saying something.

I thought Moss was pretty well behaved while he was here, right up until near the end - and obviously a great producer.

I was tough on Moss when he tried to play the "it's not about money... I only want to play for the Patriots" after 2007 - when it was clear it WAS about money and he WAS shopping himself to other teams.

I took offense at his disingenuous approach - not the fact that he was out for the most money.

Things began to get bad this season when he was demanding a contract extension - and effectively admitted it WAS about money. He didn't try to BS us that it wasn't.

So when he was traded to the Vikings and didn't get a contract extension there either, I knew it was going to turn bad quickly - and it did.

So now Moss knows that no one is going to give him a contract extension this season - so he'd obviously prefer to play for a contender. I expect he may refuse to show up for teams that put a claim in for him and aren't contenders... I suspect he may want to return to the Pats but I question whether they want him now.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

But overall, credit where credit's due... for the majority of his time here Moss was more than worth the drama.

Last edited:
Are you serious? He implies the Patriots are too cheap! You believe that?

No, that's not what he's saying.

What he's actually saying is this: the only way the Pats' waiver claim would hold is if no one else put in a claim. If they do that, they owe Moss the rest of his salary for 2010.

Since Moss has never been waived before, Minnesota is currently on the hook for the rest of his 2010 salary unless someone claims him off waivers.

Therefore, why should the Pats shell out $3M when they can get him for vet minimum, and soak Minnesota for the difference?

Last edited:
Are you serious? He implies the Patriots are too cheap! You believe that?

The Patriots have the last slot in the waiver order. Unless they really want Moss back and are fearful that he'd rather play elsewhere, they'd be stupid to put in a claim. Letting Moss clear waivers and then giving him a minimum salary type of offer is the smart play, because Moss would still get full salary due to Minnesota being on the hook. That doesnt imply cheapness, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes