PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Randy Moss waived by Vikings [mergedx19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he would report to seattle.I will tell u that much.I dont know why the seahawks would be interested

Wait!

With the Cincy postgame press conf, Moss kinda shoots his way outa NE perhaps unintentionally
Then in another postgame press conf, Randy blows his way outa Minny
Or not...

Two simple words...

Dog Faker

You're right.

BTW: Heath Evans just went off on the mediots in a tweet.

Basically saying that those who don't actually know Randy Moss shouldn't comment on him.

Basically saying that those who don't actually know Randy Moss shouldn't comment on him.

It's amazing that anyone and everyone that knows Randy personally has only good things to say about him. The media and some fans however know his personality, his fears, his desires, his goals and his entire psychological makeup. The logical conclusion of course must be that Moss is a psychotic emotionally unstable selfish SOB lol

Last edited:

Good find DaBruinz.

Here's a link and what he had to say.

TwitLonger: I'm so sick of STUPID media talking heads that know nothing about Randy Moss(or football) tearing hi
On Monday 1st November 2010, @HeathEvans said:

I'm so sick of STUPID media talking heads that know nothing about Randy Moss(or football) tearing him down! 1of my top 5 teammates n 10yrs!#fb

Evans then calls out NBC reporter Alex Flanagan: Twitter / Heath Evans: @Aflanny Not sure where u ...
@Aflanny Not sure where u got your info on Moss & the Pats but I've grown to expect better from u! #falsehood

Also, if anybody is interested here is his website: Home - Heath Evans Foundation

I respect Heath Evans for standing up for a former teammate whom he feels is being unfairly maligned. I do.

That said: the "mediots" aren't talking about Moss for fun. It's their jobs. If they don't talk about Moss, than people are going to go read and/or listen to someone else.

None of us knows what makes him tick and technically I guess it doesn't really matter anymore but whatever, underneath it all I think he wants to win.

Still hasnt been waived yet though, should be an interesting next few days.

Obviously Chilly is an issue there, having problems with Favre and Moss. Could things change if he is fired?

If Moss is indeed waived, I would say Seattle and Miami would be the top candidates to claim Moss, but the bigger question is would Moss actually report to them?

Of course he would if they pay him the money!.....Going to Miami would be no brainer for moss.....south beach,no state income tax, warm climate year round.....I think there would be other takers before Miami (abd most likely Seattle) get a shot...

None of us knows what makes him tick and technically I guess it doesn't really matter anymore but whatever, underneath it all I think he wants to win.

I think so too, but it's a bit nuanced with Randy. I think Randy wants to be appreciated and not necessarily through money (though that is a factor). But he seemed really annoyed that his preparations for yesterday's game and his attempts to prepare the team for what was coming were unappreciated or something.

I don't think Randy's nuts at all, I do think he is a very sensitive guy who required more careful handling. I think BB did it about as well as it can be done.

Of course he would if they pay him the money!.....Going to Miami would be no brainer for moss.....south beach,no state income tax, warm climate year round.....I think there would be other takers before Miami (abd most likely Seattle) get a shot...

I dont think its about the money with him now. He is nearing the end of his career and he is still without a Super Bowl, that is what he wants now. He wants to be on a contending team, and neither of those teams are contending for the SB this year. I really think he saw that the "grass isnt greener" on the other side and misses the Pats and a team that can win

It's amazing that anyone and everyone that knows Randy personally has only good things to say about him. The media and some fans however know his personality, his fears, his desires, his goals and his entire psychological makeup. The logical conclusion of course must be that Moss is a psychotic emotionally unstable selfish SOB lol
Slightly off topic, but somewhat similar to what many presume to think Bill Belichcick is like, his motives, etc. For example, was listening to a sports talk radio station today (not in New England) and the radio hosts started talking about players believing in their coach, would run through a wall for, etc. One of the radio hosts is a former NFL player and he was asked if there was a coach that he had played for that he felt that way about, that he would do anything for him. The ex-player mentioned Dom Capers, then talked for a few minutes about Bill Belichick. He let it be known in no uncertain terms that the way he is portrayed in public is absolutely false and nothing at all like the type of person he really is.

Okay, now that I've (hopefully not) derailed this thread - back to the Randy Moss Channel.

I think so too, but it's a bit nuanced with Randy. I think Randy wants to be appreciated and not necessarily through money (though that is a factor). But he seemed really annoyed that his preparations for yesterday's game and his attempts to prepare the team for what was coming were unappreciated or something.

I don't think Randy's nuts at all, I do think he is a very sensitive guy who required more careful handling. I think BB did it about as well as it can be done.

Yup. I thought BB handled him exactly right, up to and including letting him go. Randy needs to stop worrying about being appreciated and start playing like every game's his last. Maybe then he'd be appreciated more.

Slightly off topic, but somewhat similar to what many presume to think Bill Belichcick is like, his motives, etc. For example, was listening to a sports talk radio station today (not in New England) and the radio hosts started talking about players believing in their coach, would run through a wall for, etc. One of the radio hosts is a former NFL player and he was asked if there was a coach that he had played for that he felt that way about, that he would do anything for him. The ex-player mentioned Dom Capers, then talked for a few minutes about Bill Belichick. He let it be known in no uncertain terms that the way he is portrayed in public is absolutely false and nothing at all like the type of person he really is.

Okay, now that I've (hopefully not) derailed this thread - back to the Randy Moss Channel.

I like it when people have the nerve to ruin really overused threads like these for real good insight tid bits about our cool coach.:)

this leads to an interesting situation.....

Reportedly, miami and seattle have already contacted moss' agent. Could it be......

Tampering! Loss of a first round draft choice to be sure....

But my prediction is better... he gets waived... Oakland puts a claim in and Moss wreaks havoc with that locker room as well, dropping Oakland out of contension and ultimately earning the Patriots the #1 choice in the draft.

... hey, given all that we've seen so far this season, that might be considered a likely scenario.

Last edited:
Schefter:

1. Those who know Zygi Wilf say Vikings owner is angry his team plans to waive the player that he wanted, and worked to bring back, to Minn. less than 5 seconds ago via ÜberTwitter

2. Vikings plan to activate WR Sidney Rice by the Nov. 9 deadline, but Rice still is at least a couple weeks away from playing. 3 minutes ago via web

3. FWIW, being told WR Randy Moss is open to returning to Minnesota. Whether it happens is anyone's guess. about 1 hour ago via ÜberTwitter

Last edited:
According to Chris Price, Moss' agent has FINALLY been told that Moss will be waived.

I know this might not be the popular opinion but i personally think randy is great and the problems stem from him being uncertain about his future and he acted out. Other than that one issue. I have heard nothing but love for him from his team mates and coaches about him on and off the field.

Once again i would say if we could bring randy in as a FA for welker money and give him a 3 year deal with some security i think he could be a possitive role model just like he has been since 2007... just my opinion.

People talk about him like TO but i haven't heard any of TO's former team mates talk about him like randy's former team mates talk about randy

“This decision was made based on what we thought was in the best interests of the Minnesota Vikings, both in the short and long term,” said Head Coach Brad Childress. “We wish Randy the best as he moves forward in his career.

Looks like tomorrow it will be official. Gonna be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back