PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Randy Moss waived by Vikings [mergedx19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's not what he's saying.

What he's actually saying is this: the only way the Pats' waiver claim would hold is if no one else put in a claim. If they do that, they owe Moss the rest of his salary for 2010.

Since Moss has never been waived before, Minnesota is currently on the hook for the rest of his 2010 salary unless someone claims him off waivers.

Therefore, why should the Pats shell out $3M when they can get him for vet minimum, and soak Minnesota for the difference?

He says economic concerns prevent them from claiming him. $3 million is not much at all in the scheme of things. Randy could earn a bigger multi-year deal elsewhere.

$2.5 million risk? That's it?

Last edited:
the point is that the only way the Patriots have a chance of getting Moss is if no other team puts in a waiver claim. If Randy really does want to come back to New England, there is no point for the Patriots to put in the claim because they can sign him at a huge discount once he clears waivers, since Minnesota will still be on the hook for the rest of his salary.

Also, there is no team after the Patriots to put in a claim. So there is absolutely no reason for the Patriots to claim him regardless if they want him back or not.

Last edited:
He says economic concerns prevent him from coming back to New England.

Again, I'm not a huge fan of Clayton, but I'm not going to throw brickbats where he hasn't earned them.

Note his actual words:

For economic reasons, the Patriots probably wouldn’t claim him,"

That's not at all the same thing as saying "the Pats are cheap, so they won't bring Moss in."

He says economic concerns prevent them from claiming him. $3 million is not much at all in the scheme of things. Randy could earn a bigger multi-year deal elsewhere.

$2.5 million risk? That's it?

Why would you being the 32nd team claim him? When if he clears waivers you can offer him a smaller deal and have Minnesota pick up his salary? It is a smart economical choice and I agree with Clayton this and he is not calling them cheap.

I don't get it......isn't the real skunk in all of this Favre and not Moss? sure Moss acts up, but his attitude has been pretty consistent since the first day he played in the NFL.

Favre cost Mangini his job and will now cost Childress his. there are plenty of coaches who have survived Randy Moss.

they should bring Moss back if they can.

I found it interesting that one of the rants was about food with MN.....I guess it has been public knowledge that the Pats have fed their players better than anyone else

Wr will be another big issue come the end of the season.Branch is making me very nervous.This is what i was afraid of when we traded for him.He gets these injuries.Tate still has alot to prove.Welker has basically seen his production go down since Moss left.Where are those that said Welker would still be making big time plays?:rolleyes:

I don't get it......isn't the real skunk in all of this Favre and not Moss? sure Moss acts up, but his attitude has been pretty consistent since the first day he played in the NFL.

Favre cost Mangini his job and will now cost Childress his. there are plenty of coaches who have survived Randy Moss.

they should bring Moss back if they can.

I found it interesting that one of the rants was about food with MN.....I guess it has been public knowledge that the Pats have fed their players better than anyone else

It's all a big ploy to make the Favre dong bigger erm, smaller, uh, go away.

I think the pats might actually need him if Branch is not 100%

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but if we were to claim him, and then let him go in FA next year, and he signed a large contract (not huge, but pretty big) we could get another (comp) pick for him :)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but if we were to claim him, and then let him go in FA next year, and he signed a large contract (not huge, but pretty big) we could get another (comp) pick for him :)

Hadn't seen it. The Prince lives.

As of 4pm, the Bills are on the clock.

Wr will be another big issue come the end of the season.Branch is making me very nervous.This is what i was afraid of when we traded for him.He gets these injuries.Tate still has alot to prove.Welker has basically seen his production go down since Moss left.Where are those that said Welker would still be making big time plays?:rolleyes:

Branch is definitely a concern for next season, he is definitely injury prone and hasnt played a full season in years. He is currently injured now, only playing about 25 plays on Sunday and limping out of bounce after a first down run. I think Tate continues to grow each week, and will be a decent WR in the league. As for Welker I think not having Moss does have a little impact in his production, but he still isnt 100% after his injury. He has even said that he isnt 100%. I do think bringing Moss back would definitely be a positive thing. He would definitely have an attitude change and realize that he isn't going to put up the numbers and have the number of passes thrown to him that he wants. Brady has even said the team is better with Moss

anyone know how long it takes the nfl to update its transactions page? 4pm, and still no mention of moss being waived:

NFL Transactions Report

Moss officially on waivers according to Scheftler, teams have until 4 PM tomorrow to claim him.

Can someone plz put the order?The list up

I would be surprised if another team picks him up on waivers. He made it pretty clear that he was only really happy in New England. Why would you take the chance of taking on the contract when he's shown that he just won't play if he isn't happy. I can't see any team dumb enough to risk that. Teams will go after him as a free agent but not on waivers.

I would be surprised if another team picks him up on waivers. He made it pretty clear that he was only really happy in New England. Why would you take the chance of taking on the contract when he's shown that he just won't play if he isn't happy. I can't see any team dumb enough to risk that. Teams will go after him as a free agent but not on waivers.

Teams could claim him on waivers simply to block him from returning to NE.

If he becomes a FA then I would say it is a 99% certainty that he would return to the Pats

It would not shock me if the 49ers or the ravens put a claim on him.I will be surprise if a team doesnt claim him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes