PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Randy Moss waived by Vikings [mergedx19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Randy Moss Waived by Vikings(merged X3)

I am so freakin' speechless.

Truly, those comments last night were the beginning of the Twilight Zone.

I was completely stunned by them. If we assumed he had an agenda for his post Bengals game rant, I suppose we can assume he had an agenda for yesterday's comments too like "let me outta here!!!" And Shazaam! he's outta there.

Moss Interview "Quote"

"It was hard for me to come here to play, an up and down thing. I was on a roller coaster all week," said Moss, who had one catch for 8 yards for Minnesota. "To see these guys running plays and I know what they are doing, I know what type of feeling they have in the locker room.

"I miss every last helmet in that locker room." Randy Moss

Is There A Good Chance Kraft Would Re$ign Him? Thoughts???

The 49ers would claim him.Trust me.They would!

Acquiring Moss did help them beat the Cowboys. One win for a 3rd round pick. That looks like value to me.

Chilly, start working on that resume now.

I doubt that the Chargers pick him up with VJax coming back and them having problems getting people into the seats.

Lombardi says Chilly said this AM he had given Randy permission to remain in NE prior to leaving here last night. Fans and media in Minnesota are furious with Moss. It's more likely this was Zigy's call after he digested the post game video and gaged the mood of his fanbase.

Hm might have to go get a cheapo moss jersey from pro shop if it looks like he's coming back. Probably telling them to hold sales now :D .

I think there will be a very limited number of teams that Moss will play for. Of course on the other hand then if he does not report to whatever team claims him then I would presume he does not collect the pro-rated portion of this year's salary for each game he misses as well.

Lombardi says Chilly said this AM he had given Randy permission to remain in NE prior to leaving here last night. Fans and media in Minnesota are furious with Moss. It's more likely this was Zigy's call after he digested the post game video and gaged the mood of his fanbase.

Does that mean he'll be a Patriot?

Re: Moss Interview "Quote"

"It was hard for me to come here to play, an up and down thing. I was on a roller coaster all week," said Moss, who had one catch for 8 yards for Minnesota. "To see these guys running plays and I know what they are doing, I know what type of feeling they have in the locker room.

"I miss every last helmet in that locker room." Randy Moss

Is There A Good Chance Kraft Would Re$ign Him? Thoughts???

Already a thread on this under "Moss Post-Game"

Maybe Josh will take him, or Buffalo to fill some seats. I don't see the Lions, Rams or Bucs taking him because they;re all gonig in a positive direction.

He'd be better off sitting the rest of the year and signing with whoever he wants to next year. But if I'm Buffalo I claim him, why the hell not.

Imagine how the Viking fans are reacting when they gave up a 3rd round pick for 3 week of Randy rental. Where does he go next? Dallas?

Let's say Buffalo claims Moss and he doesn't want to play for them...what then?

No he has to clear waivers because it is past the trade deadline. I do not think he gets past San Diego.

Correct. I posted my mea culpa at 3:07, same as your post.

Thanks for the 3rd rounder Chilly, you brainiac. :rofl:

Regardless of the loss of a third rounder, I applaud Childress for this move. It may not save him his job but it had to be done.

If Moss or any other player did to Belichick, what Moss did to Childress, Belichick would have released them too.

Pete Carroll allowed Bledsoe and other players to ignore his call for a time out back in 2000 - which illustrated he had completely lost control of the team. I said at the time that if I were Carroll I would have benched Bledsoe for ignoring the coach's call (even though Bledsoe converted the 1st down at the time, it's the principle that was important)

Childress may not save his job but at the very least he's attempted to make clear that for now, he's in charge (though seeing how Favre can call his own shots, even here it's like being "a little bit pregnant" if Childress continues to let Favre do what he wants)

I'd claim him off waivers in a heartbeat if I was the Pats...

I am totally with you on that bruinz!

Get a 3rd rounder and get him right back in the fold.

Is it a bad thing to have Moss, Branch, Welker and Tate?

I just hope Chilly or Goodell doesn't try to make some weird "tampering" charge because BB and the guys (and especially the fans) were so incredibly cool to Moss on his return yesterday.

Although I do think that reception totally blew him away.

I just got back to a computer, and I haven't read this thread yet so, for now, I'll start by saying "Comedy gold".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe