PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Randy Moss waived by Vikings [mergedx19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Randy Moss waived

colts really need WR help and moss will be motivated tp play for manning...so i see the colts picking him up

Yup, released. Unreal .Maybe he's comin home. He has 24hrs for another team to hire him or he goes thru the waiver wire. Vikes still responable for his contract. Or something like that

Last edited:
Re: Moss waived per espn!!??

So that is unbelievable! I guess praising your old team is not a great way to go. Who whould have thought.

So now the big question, Moss back to pats?

re: Randy Moss Waived by Vikings(merged X3)

BB better pick him up NOW before he goes to Indy. He would kick so much you know what with Peyton in that dome.

I could just see Randy with all those Manning gesticulations. "Peyton, cut it out man, you're freakin' me out ..."

BB better pick him up NOW before he goes to Indy. He would kick so much you know what with Peyton in that dome.

pats above indy right now in waiver wire pickings so he has to pass thru the colts.

I think we've long reached the point where we stop telling BB what to do, don't you?

Mark it down.He will be with the colts.I am sure alot of these superbowl contenders will go after him.I can see the Ravens, hell even the steelers.

Holle scheisse!

That's what I was thinking just now.. Something doesn't compute..

Maybe a major shouting match between Moss and Chilly (and/or Favre and the asst coaches)?

Every team in the league would have to pass on him. I really doubt they would.

There are waivers for NFL veterans with his years of service. He can sign where he wants and with who offers him a shot. Moss may yet be a Patriot, again.

Now he knows what he wants, and the money was always irrelevant. He has plenty. Plus he doesn't look the fool for taking "way under his worth". The Vikes didn't re-sign him, so they confirmed and agreed with Belichick's views, on "worth".

Welcome back Moss!!

Pats should NOT sign him

Here's why...Randy was seen talking to Kraft pre-game. JETs fan Roger Goodell would use this and other info as 'collusion' by Pats mgmnt to entice a player who's the property of another team to blast his way outa town.

EDIT: post trade deadline EVERYONE must clear waivers

Thats great..... Mrs Kraft-"How's the disquise holding out Randy?" Moss-"Just fine Mam, I can't wait to get back into a Pats uni though. Minnesotas coach is real nerdy and is dumb as a bag of rocks."

Hopefully a team claims Moss before the Colts and Jets get a crack at him.

colts really need WR help and moss will be motivated tp play for manning...so i see the colts picking him up

I don't think that Moss would be motivated to play for Manning.. Not when Manning throws you under the bus for his mistakes.. Even Reggie Wayne isn't immune from Manning doing this.

One of the things to consider is money. Randy still has quite a bit left on his contract (more than 3.2 million). I could see a lot of teams passing on him just from that standpoint..

Mark it down.He will be with the colts.I am sure alot of these superbowl contenders will go after him.I can see the Ravens, hell even the steelers.

i predict the eagles , if not the colts.

Incorrect. The NFL waiver process is for players with 4 years or less experience. Randy Moss is now an unrestricted free agent.

I was wrong. According to NFL network, these rules do not apply after the trading deadline. Moss must pass through waivers now.

Further, and worse, the Vikings must still pay his entire salary for the rest of the year, meaning his new team would get him virtually for free ( vets minimum prorated for 1/2 a season ).

Last edited:

Incorrect. The NFL waiver process is for players with 4 years or less experience. Randy Moss is now an unrestricted free agent.

No he has to clear waivers because it is past the trade deadline. I do not think he gets past San Diego.

Can Moss come back to the Pats now or would we lose the 3rd round pick? :confused:

Last edited:

I hope Moss is still a Pat at heart and Moss will refuse to play for the Colts even if they claim him, but reality tells me he will put up better stats with Peyton in that dome than here in the snow with Brady. If he goes to Indy that would make me sick

Last edited:
will the colts go get moss for this season?

it makes sense as vikings now have to pay his full salary for the year
and since colts have lost a couple of good players at offense, i think colts will grab him.........
i hope he does not go to the colts or jets.........
your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes