PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Randy Moss waived by Vikings [mergedx19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss not "officially" waived

Childress is a joke. You can't walk into a team meeting tell your team Moss is gone, NOT file the paperwork with the league, have someone in the organization overrule you so you don't file the paperwork later in the day yet think nobody in that locker room is going to publicly say anything to the media over the whole deal.
Childress is gone.

I have to believe management is strongly considering this right now. Why would anyone back that buffoon at this point? He 's a terrible coach and has clearly lost the team.

Seems like his agent may have just been getting the same information as everyone else -- hearing that Childress had told the team. I mean, if one of the Vikings texted Randy and said, "coach just told us you're being waived," the agent would probably assume it's true.

It's going to be really interesting. There's no way that both Childress and Moss are on the team in 48 hours, is there?

I lose Childress and keep Randy. Childress has to go at the end of the year anyway and the team hates him and they have a bad record. Lose him, see if the players hate translates tp performance when he is gone and prep for next year.

Seems like his agent may have just been getting the same information as everyone else -- hearing that Childress had told the team. I mean, if one of the Vikings texted Randy and said, "coach just told us you're being waived," the agent would probably assume it's true.

It's going to be really interesting. There's no way that both Childress and Moss are on the team in 48 hours, is there?
I read this article from the local press, this is what it said:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_16491531?source=rss

"The Minnesota Vikings' release of eccentric wide receiver Randy Moss today should be an indication that coach Brad Childress still has owner Zygi Wilf's backing. And maybe Childress, clearly an autocrat when it comes to running his football team, will end up winning if there is a power struggle with quarterback Brett Favre, too."

It looks like the owner is backing Childress, Wilf must be as clueless as his coach

Last edited:

Wrong!

BB on the Moss cut.....

I am focused on the Cleveland Browns they are tough football team. Thats what I am worried about the Browns. They are good on offense, defense and special teams. They just got a big win over the world champion Saints. And have had two weeks to prepare for our match up. Eric will have the team ready to compete, hopefully we can match them. They are good team and going down to Cleveland is always a tough place to play.

Guess you missed Ian Rappaport asking him about the 3rd round pick. BB just smiled and declined to comment.

Shooter Now: Randy Moss is poison, and Zygi Wilf still sees Brad Childress as Vikings' savior - TwinCities.com

"The Minnesota Vikings' release of eccentric wide receiver Randy Moss today should be an indication that coach Brad Childress still has owner Zygi Wilf's backing. And maybe Childress, clearly an autocrat when it comes to running his football team, will end up winning if there is a power struggle with quarterback Brett Favre, too."

It looks like the owner is backing Childress, Wilf must be as clueless as his coach

The only problem/twist is that the Paperwork wasn't filed. So Moss wasn't officially waived...

Shooter Now: Randy Moss is poison, and Zygi Wilf still sees Brad Childress as Vikings' savior - TwinCities.com

There seems to be some speculation that Wilf is intending to move the team to LA.

I'm thinking the Dolphins are the likeliest destination at this point.

They've still got some hope for the playoffs, but are still enough of a long shot that they'd consider this kind of risk, they've got motivation to keep Moss away from the Pats or Jets, and, thanks to Brandon Marshall, they're probably one of the few teams in the league that can lure Moss with the likelihood of being the beneficiary of someone else's double-teams for a change.

I hope Childress kept his clown costume so he can go back to his previous job of squirting water out of his flower and fashioning baloon animals at kids birthday parties.

Got to admit though, it was a good run. He got paid a ton of cash to win imaginary cat-and-mouse games with BB, go on gentlemen lounge cruises, and stand on the sideline looking cool (ok, not sure about that last one).

Can moss simply say no to teams that want him or not?

They've still got some hope for the playoffs, but are still enough of a long shot that they'd consider this kind of risk, they've got motivation to keep Moss away from the Pats or Jets, and, thanks to Brandon Marshall, they're probably one of the few teams in the league that can lure Moss with the likelihood of being the beneficiary of someone else's double-teams for a change.

I'd agree with you if Parcells was still there in an active role. But he's not. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I don't think either the Jets or Phins will get Randy.

according to Mike Lombardi the rest of the Vikings front office learned about Moss' waiving through the media.

That was a criteria I said would be good for Moss next year ... go to a team where he can get rid of the double coverage a bit.

according to Mike Lombardi the rest of the Vikings front office learned about Moss' waiving through the media.

Wow, they sound like a really healthy organization.

So let's see if I have this straight....

The Vikings are filing paperwork with the NFL to demand back their pick from the Pats for waiving a player that they have not yet waved while telling everyone that they have?

If thats true Chilly Dog is Dog Meat

If thats true Chilly Dog is Dog Meat

This is what most Vikes fans seem to be praying for. They are afraid Wilf won't see it their way. They think he wants to move the team to LA and doesn't care if he erodes the fanbase. The claim is he already bought a house for himself in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore