PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Light, Crowder fined, not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thrilled that Light wasn't suspended, but at the same time a bit confused. The league fined Wilfork $35,000 for two things: 1) elbowing Cutler in the helmet in what they deemed a fashion that did not prove there was intent; and 2) for his reputation as a 'cheap' player...can't say I agree with this as I've seen just one play (the eye poke) that showed him to be anything but a hard, clean player (and I'm including the Losman hit in this...how do you deem a hit late when the player doing the hitting is on the ground--there's just no way for him to see whether the ball's been released or not).

Meanwhile, Light gets fined almost 1/3rd that amount, for essentially grabbing a dudes hair and repeatedly punching him in the face...what provoked this? A somewhat late, somewhat high hit from Crowder, and supposedly a whole lot of smack talking. I just don't get it...you have an on-field fight with multiple punches garnering a $15k fine, and what they deemed to be an elbow that may or may not have been intentional garnering a $35k fine. Talk about double standards.

Because, simply put, fist fights are GREAT for the NFL.

Re: Light, Crowder Fined, not suspended.

Can I hate Bernard Pollard for the rest of eternity?

Anyway, back on topic, I am surprised it's only a fine. I'm only surprised because of who the commissioner is and not because of the actions (which didn't warrant more than a fine).
I'm actually not fussed on the matter anymore. The positive I see out of this situation is hopefully we are going to address the defensive needs we have, something that Brady's performance glossed over.

This seems pretty consistent with what the guy claiming to be Matt Light's brother said - and its good that the NFL confirms that Crowder instigated the fight.

Crowder deserved to get the beat down from Matt Light.. **truth inside*** - Sports and Racing - NFL Message Board - GameFAQs

Matt Light, Miami Dolphins' Channing Crowder fined $15,000 for fight[/url]

I'd love to see if it can be confirmed whether Crowder was saying things about Matt Light's wife.

You KNOW what he said must have been pretty bad when the NFL comes out and says he instigated it and gave the same fine to the guy who was getting pummelled as the guy who was doing the pummelling.

If that's the case I'm sure Crowder wouldn't mind if other players or fans started saying things about his wife and family members... maybe posting some choice words and rumors on messageboards, bringing signs to games etc... it's just gamesmanship after all... we're just trying to get into Crowder's head, and he really can't fault us for doing it.

If this is true....Light should have beat coward's a## harder.......The little ****Y ran away like the gutless weasel that he is after his beatdown........here's to crowder getting a helmet to the knee if what is being said about him saying crap about Matt's wife....that is inexcusable.......spineless ****y!!!!!

ESPN - Conversations: Rams' Haslett fined for swearing at officials

All kinds of people crying about how the NFL fined Light for less money than Haslett. While I agree that that is a bit absurd, I am LMAO @ the tools that are whining and believe the Patriots have Goodell in their backpocket. :rolleyes:

No kidding. A lot of NFL fans actually believe this. Everytime I visit a rival board, that always comes up and I laugh uncontrollably. Roger Goodell, who had his kids wear Jets jerseys to the Super Bowl and actually WORKED for the Jets is anything but a Pats fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News