PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Light, Crowder fined, not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Light, Crowder Fined, not suspended.

great news. im shocked though. light definitely deserved to get suspended

Why, because you said so? It's not a suspendable offense by precedent for first timers.

Wow that's amazing Light only got fined $15K. Good for him. I wonder if refs chimed in with opinions that Crowder, Porter, et al. were talking a big talk all game instigating and that played in some to the decision.

I recall that a few years ago Mike Carey didn't even flag a player who punched someone after that player spit on them (pretty sure it was Sean Taylor who spit on the person, could have been Terrel Suggs though ...).

After the game, when asked why he didn't throw a flag for the punch, Carey said something to the effect of that is about as controlled as a reaction as I could have hoped for under the circumstances. :)

If i were to speculate I would go with this. I mean really if it was getting personal, like I read somewhere it was, give the punk a punch in the face. I am sure the refs were asked their opinion and they gave it thus resulting in only the fine...

He certainly did.

If a Colts LT had ripped off Mayo's helmet and started punching him in the head and Goodell didn't suspend the Colts LT, everyone would be screaming that this is proof the Goodell is biased for the Colts and against the Patriots.

If it was a Jets LT, we would be screaming that Goodell favors the Pats.

For Matt Light to be fined and not suspended ,Channing Crowder must have used every kind of bad behavior possible before this incident.This is the League's way of saying to Crowder,"You got what was coming to You".

They should have fined Crowder another 15k for pizzin of the very large man and running away like a little sissy.:D

For Matt Light to be fined and not suspended ,Channing Crowder must have used every kind of bad behavior possible before this incident.This is the League's way of saying to Crowder,"You got what was coming to You".

bingoooooo

Yep... about three punches to the face by a man who is well over 300 lbs. :D

Thank you Goodell...i thought the fines would have been higher.:eat3:

Re: Light

great ! very good news !

i'm looking for next week game ! Go Pats !

Everyone is forgetting, is the guy who could have got hurt most out of this incident was Russ H. #71. Ball was gone, he was getting driven back and then gets tripped by Light's leg.

I thought what happened to him was way worse than the Crowder, Light incident.

This post is answered by this one.

On a brighter note, this clears the way for the minnows to "sack up" and SUSPEND Porter on a team suspension. If Soprano doesn't, he's lost this team.........

Crowder must have gotten fined for getting his dreads stuck in Light's fingers.

Channing Crowder must have used every kind of bad behavior possible before this incident.This is the League's way of saying to Crowder,"You got what was coming to You".

Also Goodell's way of making a veiled anti-dreadlocks-below-the-helmet statement. ;)

Last edited:

This post is answered by this one.

On a brighter note, this clears the way for the minnows to "sack up" and SUSPEND Porter on a team suspension. If Soprano doesn't, he's lost this team.........

Tony Soprano is not the coach of the Dolphins last I checked. ;)

Tony Soprano is not the coach of the Dolphins last I checked. ;)

Last I checked the Dolphins wern't called the minnows either ;)

Read in total. Besides Sparano/Soprano all the same :eek: :D

Crowder must have gotten fined for getting his dreads stuck in Light's fingers.

He got what was coming to him.
Both players were fined the same amount for their verbal and physical confrontation, for which they were ejected midway through the fourth quarter.

According to league sources, both players were interviewed by the league office, as well as the game officials. It was determined that Crowder verbally instigated the confrontation, but both men were assessed equal fines for the fracas.

Thank you Goodell...i thought the fines would have been higher.:eat3:

F*ck Goodell. After what he did to us last year he owes us about 5 of these.
And don't worry, this doesn't mean the snake in the grass isn't still waiting there.

He got what was coming to him.

Goodell could fine a host of players every game for verbal instigation. IMO, it's just another offsetting penalty call, only this time it involves cash. It's probably due to the ejection more than mouthing off to Light.

Goodell could fine a host of players every game for verbal instigation. IMO, it's just another offsetting penalty call, only this time it involves cash. It's probably due to the ejection more than mouthing off to Light.

It wasn't just verbal instigation. He actually physically started it as well, he got up off the ground and went at Light's head with his hands. Just because he lost the fight, it makes Light look bad.

Based on what we saw, I would have suspended Light for a couple of games and not fined Crowder. Crowder was fined for verbal instigation and getting up after having been beaten to the ground? Isn't ejection and a penalty sufficient for these actions?

Crowder's verbal instigation must have been very serious indeed. Light got the very minimum that he could have reasonably gotten. As someone else posted, the league is slapping the players on the hand, and indicating to Crowder that he deserved everything that he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back