PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let me get this straight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight....

The draft blew big time for NE and Tom Brady is all but gone from the roster. Yeah, that's about right. Thank you Bill and Scott....way to go boys!

Re: Old age catching up to BB???

BB have had great seasons over his course here, acknowledged. However, that doesn't justify his pathetic draft picks the past 2 days. I guarantee these are all busts to below avg picks. Mark my words.

You mean for poor command of grammar and the english language in general?

Where to start?

Way to make Patriots fans feel suprior to the fans of other teams that troll here though!

DAMN IT WHY DON'T WE TRADE INTO THE LAST PICK TO DRAFT JEREMY ITO!!! I HAD HIM AS THE 5TH HIGHEST KICKER ON MY BOARD, AND PEOLI SHOULD BE CALLING ME AND ASKING FOR MY OPINION BECAUSE I AM A FAN AND MY TV RATINGS PAY THE TEAMS SALARY.

Sorry, just doing my Scott99 and Jr. impressions.

We addressed our biggest strengths in a draft where we needed to fill several holes???

Those of you defending this guy should reads this over again, nice and slow.

Let me get this straight...........

2 moronic threads, written by the same person, were merged into 1 moronic thread....

Ok i got it. Fantastic.

Let me get this straight...........

2 moronic threads, written by the same person, were merged into 1 moronic thread....

Ok i got it. Fantastic.

More than anyone else on this board, you always make me laugh :D

Going tell your mama you better do what she said
Get to the barber shop and get that hair cut off your head
Threw the canary and you fed it to the neighbors cat
You gave the ****er spaniel a bath in mother's Laundromat
Well, mama's head has got to stop
Junior's head is hard as rock
Now, junior, behave yourself

beatles-leather.jpg

Guys, the OP doesn't know a **** about the NFL. He probably wanted us to get as many big names as possible even if they didn't fit the system. Some people know jack ****.

Gotta love the fans who think that every draft where you don't walk away with 4 blue-chip studs is a waste. If the Pats get two long-term starters out of this draft, it will be looked back upon as a success. Personally, I'm willing to bet that both LBs that the Pats drafted will start regularly in the years to come, and anything else (ST ace, CB depth) is a bonus.

It appears that stupidity isn't a bannable offense on this board, which Jr. should be thankful for.

Last edited:

I swear i was reading the same exact post over in the jets, dallas and colts forum.. Only difference was it wasn't BB but their coach or GM..
Hold on here. Would you not trade our entire draft for the Jets?
Of course.
DW Toys

This whole draft was a waste. His worse so you gotta wonder the main question.

Hmmm....why don't you try and give us a coherent sentence first, so we can ponder intelligently what your point is supposed to be?

BB have had great seasons over his course here, acknowledged. However, that doesn't justify his pathetic draft picks the past 2 days. I guarantee these are all busts to below avg picks. Mark my words.

Is English your second - or third - language???

We addressed our biggest strengths in a draft where we needed to fill several holes???
Good post.

Belichick and Pioli need to stop doing whatever they feel is going to improve the team and start listening to fans and members of the media. After all, I'm sure you've probably put in like at least a couple of hours into reading scouting reports and watching online videos of prospects.

Come now Joe, lighten up and give jr. a break. He may have a point or he may not have a point, but in either case he is entitled to an opinion.

Most disagree with him but I can tell you that he is not alone when it comes to rating this year\\\'s Patriots draft. There are many others in various places that believe this was a very bad draft from a Patriots standpoint.

They may be right or they may be wrong but in either case they have a right to their opinion and in my opinion it deserves discussion and not personal attacks towards an individual.

In either case come training camp and the ensuing pre season we shall all find out if the draft was a good one or not so good one.

For now, sensible discussion is far more important because the only thing that can take Patriot Nation down is conflict from within.

And I really do not see how anyone can disagree with that.

That's the very matter of the crux, Francis, and so far Jr hasn't demonstrated that in any post to one iota.

Everyone here knows he's entitled to his opinion. Hell, he's even entitled to post it! What he is not exempt from is criticism when his "opinions" get in the way of reasoned analysis on this board.

That's why we come here - for reasoned analyses of all things Patriots. We do not come here for a reenactment of the "Kukla, Fran and Ollie Show", and when we are presented with it, our displeasure shows.

If Jr can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen, and head back to the many Jets boards where he's doubtless made his "mark", and found many like-minded (!) friends.

Sorry, that's the way it is....:(

Going tell your mama you better do what she said
Get to the barber shop and get that hair cut off your head
Threw the canary and you fed it to the neighbors cat
You gave the ****er spaniel a bath in mother's Laundromat
Well, mama's head has got to stop
Junior's head is hard as rock
Now, junior, behave yourself

beatles-leather.jpg

Do they still make those Rickenbackers?

Yup. Posters sure like to complain. This was exactly the draft we needed. Some here think a lot less of our OL than Belichick, so they were disappointed when we didn't draft a tackle. Personally, I would have liked Hester at #69, instead of a future 2nd and Slater.

We had already replaced our #3 TE and our #4 safety in free agency, so we were fine there, except for camp fodder as injury insurance.

CORNERS
Going into the preseason, we needed corners badly, having only Hobbs and a 6th rounder (Richardson) who was on IR in his first season last year. We added three corners in free agency; we drafted two in the 2nd and 4th (as we did once before to get Sanders and Wilson); and we still are looking to sign Law.

LINEBACKERS
Going into the offseason, we needed to replace Seau and Colvin, and give a bit more help to Bruschi. We brought in Hobson, and used a 1st, 3rd and a 6th on linebackers. And Seau is taking physicals.

KICK RETURNERS AND SPECIAL TEAMS
We wanted not to use starters. So one of our new CB's is a KR. Also, we drafted a 5th round gunner, who is also a kick returner.

BACKUP
We weren't exactly excited with our two backups, who are signed through 2008, so we used a 3rd to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back