PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Fitzgerald trade news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep dreaming

Does not work with the cap.

Much as I love Fitzgerald I just don't see him taking half of what he now makes to play for the Patriots, and short of that I don't see the Patriots making a deal for him. Beyond that the Patriots have too many needs to give up high picks in next year's draft. So unless Arians has a woody for Ryan Mallett and Fitzgerald wants to play for 7-8 million a year then I just don't see this happening. I.e........ not gonna happen.

B!tch B!tch B!tch. I'll take 6-2.

I'd rather trade up in next years draft to get Mike Evans.

6 foot 5 just like Calvin Johnson. I think Evans can make a big impact as a rookie too. Contract is much less than Fitzgerald too

6 foot 5 just like Calvin Johnson. I think Evans can make a big impact as a rookie too. Contract is much less than Fitzgerald too

And it'll take him years to get to a smiliar level as Fitzgerald is now, assuming he ever reaches that level. How are our rookies doing now?

For various reasons, the Hernandez debacle was truly the worst thing to happen to the Pats in a long while.

It's bull**** they're still getting hit with that money. Why can't they void his contract completely and get that capspace back?

I could see Fitz wanting to play for the Pats for less money...but Fitz is 10% of the player he was at his peak. He's not in the same league as Moss. 2007 Moss>>>>2009 Fitz. A 2014 Fitz would probably be just a possession guy. But heck, we need those guys. Every wr we have can't catch.

For a couple of years Fitzgerald trade rumors have been fan-made up trades that make sense, but we're wishful thinking at best. Now, Schefter makes all pats fans heads spin.

If BB wants to give Brady his 2nd stud WR of his career this offseason it's possible.... (if he agreed to restructure) :eek:

OK... if this isn't a joke and we are being serious. Then this is something that can legitimately set this team up for the next 3 years.

IMO Fitz has those good years in him. Dobson and KT are young. Fitz, Gronk, Amendola, Vereen and Dobson would be a legitimate NFL top 5 unit.

I think we try and use the money recouped from the Hernandez extension to try and make this happen.

These opportunities don't come along often and i'd give up a 2nd for it but we may need a restructure of Mankins, Wilfork e.t.c to get it done.

But getting down to brass tacks Brady did right by the team ith his contract now lets have them legitimately try to get this done.

(once again all these comments are if this rumor is true and Fitz is on the market)

we'll trade back for some useless CB no one has ever heard of.

Just not right that a player that good isn't given the chance to compete for the big one year in, year out.

Every year there are these great players up for trade and the Pats always need them. Every season I get over excited checking the web every 5 minutes waiting for the team to sign one and every year its the same result....(with the exception of Talib)

Just not right that a player that good isn't given the chance to compete for the big one year in, year out.

To be fair, nobody put a gun to Fitz's head when he signed that contract.

It's bull**** they're still getting hit with that money. Why can't they void his contract completely and get that capspace back?

Because that's how the salary cap works.

They're at least able to dump all future salary obligations, and after taking a hit next year, they're free and clear of his contract.

18 million in 2014, 21 million in 2015. Can they even field a full 53 with that kind of cash going to a wr?

Nope. That's why Fitz would have to agree to a serious, serious restructure if he hopes
to ever play here or anywhere other than AZ.

He is owed 10 million on march 15. Before the OTA or Minicamp.

so any team trading for him is going to get him for 8 games and then bang have to pay him on that 8 game performance.

For a couple of years Fitzgerald trade rumors have been fan-made up trades that make sense, but we're wishful thinking at best. Now, Schefter makes all pats fans heads spin.

If BB wants to give Brady his 2nd stud WR of his career this offseason it's possible.... (if he agreed to restructure) :eek:

I said that in the Jared Allen trade thread, and I will say it here again:

BB doesn't go for blue chip names. He goes dumpster diving for talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back