PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Fitzgerald trade news

Status
Not open for further replies.
...or Tavon Wilson...or Glas-IR Dowling...or Terry Wheatley...or Johnny Wilhite...

You really need to go find a team that drafts as well as you do to go root for, this act is wayyyyyyyy too old. The truth is that if teams were built the way the draftniks want them to be at the time of the draft they would all suck ass and couldn't beat a HS team, and the delusion that you guys have where you actually think that you could do a better job is really a big red flag for mental illness.

I said that in the Jared Allen trade thread, and I will say it here again:

BB doesn't go for blue chip names. He goes dumpster diving for talent.

This isn't true at all, when it comes to trades Belichick routinely goes after high picks who have had their values radically reduced. Haynesworth, Starks, Moss, Talib etc..etc.....he doesn't give up picks for guys who went undrafted or were low rounders, he waits until free agency or takes those guys off the streets, but he loves getting former firsts at bargain basement prices. Some work out, Moss Talib e.g..., some don't, haynesworth, Ocho, and Starks e.g...

This isn't true at all, when it comes to trades Belichick routinely goes after high picks who have had their values radically reduced. Haynesworth, Starks, Moss, Talib etc..etc.....he doesn't give up picks for guys who went undrafted or were low rounders, he waits until free agency or takes those guys off the streets, but he loves getting former firsts at bargain basement prices. Some work out, Moss Talib e.g..., some don't, haynesworth, Ocho, and Starks e.g...

Surely you can't be serious putting Larry Fitz in the same sentence as those above ^^

Surely you can't be serious putting Larry Fitz in the same sentence as those above ^^

You're right, comparing him to randy moss is a real slight. My apologies.

If you think he gives up decent picks for guys who went in low rounds then by all means make your case, i named 4 off the top of my head who he traded for who were high picks.

...or Tavon Wilson...or Glas-IR Dowling...or Terry Wheatley...or Johnny Wilhite...

Is Tavon hurt? I have not seen him on the field while I've seen Harmon a few times.

He is owed 10 million on march 15. Before the OTA or Minicamp.

so any team trading for him is going to get him for 8 games and then bang have to pay him on that 8 game performance.

That 10 million was his option bonus which was due March 15 this year, not in 2014.

Cardinals | Larry Fitzgerald could be traded
Sun, 27 Oct 2013 07:49:45 -0700

Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald could be traded in the offseason if a deal is not completed before the NFL trade deadline Tuesday, Oct 29.

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

I've got a touch of Felger when it comes to money. We do have Wilfork and Mankins to restructure + what AZ can redo. Anyway, I normally stay out of this in-season trade stuff but this is too big not to look at. ;)

Nice landing spot for Mallet - just saying.
My heartfelt sympathies. A "touch of Felger" sounds terminal to me. If I were you, I wouldn't buy any green bananas today or tomorrow. RIP.

Is Tavon hurt? I have not seen him on the field while I've seen Harmon a few times.

He's been out a few weeks. Wasn't getting snaps anyway, but he was on all four s teams.

He's showed up on the injury report, including this past week.

I won't take credit for this because I heard it on the radio, but I think if and when Fitzgerald gets traded it will be a Herschel Walker type of trade with the team getting Fitzgerald getting far less than they gave up. I know Fitzgerald is only 30, but there is a lot of tread on his tires (this is his 10th season). Also, he is on pace for his second sub -1,000 yard season in a row (although not by a lot) while Carson Palmer is on pace for nearly 4,000 yards.

I think in the offseason someone is going to give up at least one first rounder (possibly two or at least a first and a second) for Fitzgerald and they might not get the elite WR he once was. I know you can compare Fitzgerald to Moss in that both could have just kinda packed it in on a team that perpetually loses, but the Pats risked a fourth on Moss resurrecting his career. Whoever gets Fitzgerald is going to gamble a whole lot that Fitzgerald is still elite and just in a bad situation.

Fitzgerald is a high risk, high reward type of player. You gotta make absolutely sure that his lack of production of last two years is 100% because of his situation and not his declining skills. You gamble wrong on this and he is more of a top 10 WR rather than a top 2-3 WR and you can set your franchise back on a trade like this.

I won't take credit for this because I heard it on the radio, but I think if and when Fitzgerald gets traded it will be a Herschel Walker type of trade with the team getting Fitzgerald getting far less than they gave up. I know Fitzgerald is only 30, but there is a lot of tread on his tires (this is his 10th season). Also, he is on pace for his second sub -1,000 yard season in a row (although not by a lot) while Carson Palmer is on pace for nearly 4,000 yards.

I think in the offseason someone is going to give up at least one first rounder (possibly two or at least a first and a second) for Fitzgerald and they might not get the elite WR he once was. I know you can compare Fitzgerald to Moss in that both could have just kinda packed it in on a team that perpetually loses, but the Pats risked a fourth on Moss resurrecting his career. Whoever gets Fitzgerald is going to gamble a whole lot that Fitzgerald is still elite and just in a bad situation.

Fitzgerald is a high risk, high reward type of player. You gotta make absolutely sure that his lack of production of last two years is 100% because of his situation and not his declining skills. You gamble wrong on this and he is more of a top 10 WR rather than a top 2-3 WR and you can set your franchise back on a trade like this.

I'll take a mediocre Fitz over anything we have right now at WR.

For a couple of years Fitzgerald trade rumors have been fan-made up trades that make sense, but we're wishful thinking at best. Now, Schefter makes all pats fans heads spin.

If BB wants to give Brady his 2nd stud WR of his career this offseason it's possible.... (if he agreed to restructure) :eek:

I am not usually a fan of trading for big name players but Fitzgerald is an exception:

QB: Brady
RB: Ridley/Vereen
X: Fitzgerald
Y: Dobson/Thompkins
Z: Edelman/Amemdola
TE: Gronkowski

It's hard not to get excited about that potential. It would be the best offense in the Brady era in my opinion because it forces the defense to focus on all parts of the field. We've never really had that before, in 2007 defenses had to respect Moss on the outside and Welker short underneath, in 2011 defenses had to respect Welker short underneath and Gronkowski in the middle of the field, now this offense would be:

Vertical/Outside - Fitzgerald; Dobson
Intermediate/Middle -Gronkowski
Short/Underneath - Edelmam; Amendola

You add Ridley and Vereen into that mix and you'd have something that would keep coaches coordinators up at night for sure.

I'll take a mediocre Fitz over anything we have right now at WR.

Yes, a mediocre Fitzgerald is still a top 10 or so WR, but I wouldn't give up draft picks and salary for All World Fitzgerald and only get mediocre Fitzgerald. that is what I am saying.

Would you give up two draft picks in the first two rounds (or moreO plus pay a WR one of the highest contracts to be a 1,000 to 1,100 yard and 6-8 TD WR? That is what I am talking about. And I sure wouldn't. For what Fitzgerald will get in compensation in terms of salary and trade, he needs to be a 1,300 yard plus and 10 TD plus WR to make it worth it.

Yes, a mediocre Fitzgerald is still a top 10 or so WR, but I wouldn't give up draft picks and salary for All World Fitzgerald and only get mediocre Fitzgerald. that is what I am saying.

Would you give up two draft picks in the first two rounds (or moreO plus pay a WR one of the highest contracts to be a 1,000 to 1,100 yard and 6-8 TD WR? That is what I am talking about. And I sure wouldn't. For what Fitzgerald will get in compensation in terms of salary and trade, he needs to be a 1,300 yard plus and 10 TD plus WR to make it worth it.

I would give a 2nd and Mallett for Fitzgerald if he was willing to redo his deal, and then try to get Cassel from Minnesota, but I doubt the cards would get rid of him for that.

Larry Fitzgerald is not going to be a New England Patriot. Much as I'd like it to be otherwise.

I would give a 2nd and Mallett for Fitzgerald if he was willing to redo his deal, and then try to get Cassel from Minnesota, but I doubt the cards would get rid of him for that.

The Cards won't even come to the phone for anything less than a first and another high pick.

Can they afford him (even if he restructures to like 3/$27) and resign Talib and extend McCourty?

The Cards won't even come to the phone for anything less than a first and another high pick.

I agree, I was simply saying what i would be willing to give up to get him. I love Fitzgerald but at this point wouldn't give up a first plus for him, and I doubt Belichick would either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3