PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Fitzgerald trade news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said that in the Jared Allen trade thread, and I will say it here again:

BB doesn't go for blue chip names. He goes dumpster diving for talent.

I concurred with you and laughed as you pretty much summed up reality that negates the point of all this wishful thinking and yet still no one listens. lol

I concurred with you and laughed as you pretty much summed up reality that negates the point of all this wishful thinking and yet still no one listens. lol

And he was wrong in both instances, and when challenged to back it up didn't even try. Belichick has actually gone after former high picks when he makes trades using decent picks. Some have worked out, others haven't. Moss and Talib are examples of some that have, Haynesworth, Ocho, and Duane Starks are examples of some that didn't. Belichick has always kept an eye out for former high picks who haven't panned out or have made it to the trading block, and he has taken his share of chances on them, but he doesn't go "dumpster diving" in making trades, he goes after talent.

The thing about Fitzgerald is, how much does he have left? He's what? 30 now? How many WR's really play at an ELITE level after 30? I'm not OPPOSED to it....but don't know if it's worth it if you have to give up anything higher than a 3rd.

We defense and OL in the draft next year. FItzgerald is also going to cost alot.

PLUS, what about Dobson and KT? If you bring in Fitz, he immediately starts along with likely Amendola. Then what?

Surely you can't be serious putting Larry Fitz in the same sentence as those above ^^

Not quite sure the other guy understand what dumpster diving means. Sure those other guys had names at one point, but by the time BB traded for them or wanted to add them it was just as the team they were currently on were tossing them in the dumpster... then BB leaps and says hold on, before you throw them in the dumpster will you take this leftover ham sandwich for them?

Not quite sure the other guy understand what dumpster diving means. Sure those other guys had names at one point, but by the time BB traded for them or wanted to add them it was just as the team they were currently on were tossing them in the dumpster... then BB leaps and says hold on, before you throw them in the dumpster will you take this leftover ham sandwich for them?

So it was Moss that was in the dumpster, not the Raiders, now I understand. Hope they never make a mistake like that again.

Hold on a second Tampa, we know Talib sucks so we will give you a fourth for him............................

Exactomundo

So it was Moss that was in the dumpster, not the Raiders, now I understand. Hope they never make a mistake like that again.

Hold on a second Tampa, we know Talib sucks so we will give you a fourth for him............................

Yes it was Moss that was in the dumpster, the Raiders WERE the dumpster.

It only took a leftover ham sandwich to get him. You think they would have got more for him if anyone else wanted him? Malcontent that had two terrible seasons with the Raiders.

Did anyone know who Talib was? You are saying he was a blue chip name player like Fitzgerald or Jared Allen? Really? Sure didn't take much to get him. Yeah no other team would offer more for a blue chip talent in their youth.

It only took a leftover ham sandwich to get him. You think they would have got more for him if anyone else wanted him? Malcontent that had two terrible seasons with the Raiders.

Did anyone know who Talib was? You are saying he was a blue chip name player like Fitzgerald or Jared Allen? Really? Sure didn't take much to get him. Yeah no other team would offer more for a blue chip talent in their youth.

What i am saying is that you are trying to redefine the argument to fit your point. The original statement about "dumpster diving" was about Belichick going after no names at the trade deadline when that is not what he does, he trades for guys like Talib and Moss who were former firsts who are on the outs with their team, whereas by your take all players on the block are "dumspter dives," otherwise they wouldn't be traded.

Did anyone know who Talib was? Seriously? If you didn't then you apparently don't pay much attention to the NFL because he was well known as a first round pick out of PSU, and was always considered a high risk high reward player who got himself into trouble. Players have falling outs with their teams for many reasons, and sometimes they are just a commodity for a bad team to unload in an attempt to get better down the road when a season is going nowhere, and each has to be considered as an individual case where the price has to meet the need. Both Talib and Moss fit that bill for NE so they made the deals, and both paid off, neither were over the hill they just did not fit with the team they were on and the Patriots capitalized upon that. If they manage to do so again then i will be happy as hell with that.

A fourth round pick is not a "ham sandwich," neither was the third they got back for him a few years later. And yes, Talib clearly was a blue chip talent, and pretty much anyone who follows football knew that.

Exactomundo

'Still waiting for you to name the no name players Belichick used decent picks to acquire, that would back up your argument that Belichik takes that approach.

I said that in the Jared Allen trade thread, and I will say it here again:

BB doesn't go for blue chip names. He goes dumpster diving for talent.

Moss, Talib, Ochocinco, Haynesworth, Starks, are all "blue chip names"

What he said was "blue chip names," I quoted it for you. If you don't think the players I listed were "blue chip names" then give the examples of those who are and how they differ from those i listed. Bottom line, if Randy Moss, a first ballot hall of famer who went on to break records in NE isn't a "blue chip name" then there is no such thing as a "blue chip name."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back