PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Fitzgerald trade news

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thought: Schefter is basically saying that the possibility of Fitz being traded this offseason is somewhere between 0% and 100%. :p

if Fitzgerald is traded it wont be to the pats, when the pats make trades for good players like aqib talib and Moss its in the last year of there contract that is not paying them much,

the pats are not going to trade for a WR with a 15 million per contract and no he's not going to take 7 million less just to play with brady

One other thought: Schefter is basically saying that the possibility of Fitz being traded this offseason is somewhere between 0% and 100%. :p

Isn't it always 0-100%?? Lol

I don't think the Pats have the cap space to do this move, thanks to the Hernandez dead money. Hernandez is just the gift that keeps on giving.

I can't see it happening but it would be the sort of move that would surely invigorate Fitz. He'd have to give up lots of dollars though.

I don't think the Pats have the cap space to do this move, thanks to the Hernandez dead money. Hernandez is just the gift that keeps on giving.

For various reasons, the Hernandez debacle was truly the worst thing to happen to the Pats in a long while.

Equally importantly, any money going to Fitz is money that can't be used to keep McCourty, Talib, Solder, Edelman, etc.

To be fair, that was also dealing with the Cards/Bidwells, one of the crummiest franchises in the NFL. Fitz may be willing to cut a deal to finally get to play with a good QB one more time.

Cardinals | Larry Fitzgerald could be traded
Sun, 27 Oct 2013 07:49:45 -0700

Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald could be traded in the offseason if a deal is not completed before the NFL trade deadline Tuesday, Oct 29.

Read more: NFL News and Rumors - Hot off the Wire Fantasy Football News

I've got a touch of Felger when it comes to money. We do have Wilfork and Mankins to restructure + what AZ can redo. Anyway, I normally stay out of this in-season trade stuff but this is too big not to look at. ;)

Nice landing spot for Mallet - just saying.

The cost is too high for our team unfortunately. I just don't see it happening at this point. And I know some will flame me, but I think if the Pats were exploring any trade options right now that they'd be better off trying to pick up a defensive player. We have been decimated on that side of the ball.

Fitzgerald's contract history leads me to believe that he is not willing to restructure

Fitz's Fortune | National Football Post

That is, when he has the leverage in contract dealings, he has taken full advantage of it.

It doesn't say what the amount of cash immediately lost in 2013 by AZ, the remaining salary in 2013 for NE or 2014 NE ...... at least it's not readily apparent. Assuming no NE restructure (which is an unknown) for both years (and beyond). Edit: The 68m may or may not have an option of unknown amount (I'd bet on it).

Money dependent and his age - 30, a 2nd plus Mallet is in order.

Additional: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9888632/larry-fitzgerald-trade-arizona-cardinals-play-offseason

Mallet and a 2nd round pick for Fitzgerald

You better make this trade happen Bill

Jordan Cameron Available for Trade

Also saw Fitzgerald is avaialbe from the Cards. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could get both? One last push for TB for a championship.

Two Tight Ends:Cameron and Gronkowski
Elite WR: Fitzgerald
good slot reciever: Edelman
outstanding pass catching RB: Shane Vereen

Get it Done BILLY!!!!

If he could help Brady get it together then I'd impulsively pull the trigger.

Nice to have fun with these trade rumors, like fantasy football. However what is the cost in draft picks, players , and what is the cap hit.

Only after that is clear would this Patriots fan head spin. You don't sell the ranch for one stallion.

Who cares what it costs in terms of draft picks?

It's not like they'd get much out of them anyway.

I don't think there's a team in the league that wants that contract. But I would like to see Fitz hit free agency. Cardinals would have to cut him though... would that really happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back