PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft says Brady will wear a brace on his knee this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through ACL repair and rehab - I consider a knee brace psychological more than anything else

It does provide some side to side support - but most of all what it does is let you know that there's some additional support, aside from your ligament, to protect you from lateral force... sp you don't second guess yourself or your motion when playing - which can be critical

Keep in mind that Brady won't give a second thought to front and back - but his ability to cut and move from side to side will be hampered - at least psychologically - for a time

Last edited:
As long as Brady can sidestep the rush and step into his throws, just like he's done in the past, then it won't be an issue.

OTOH, look at the last two games Brady has played:

- sacked 8x vs Giants
- KO'd in opener vs Chiefs

The O-line has to do better than that.

After my ACL replacement, my insurance paid for the same type of athletic brace that downhill skiers and football players wear. Its made of a carbon composite material There is a hinge at the knee. Being that I am a goalie in hockey, I wear my brace even now. Because it does give lateral support to help prevent that sort of injury from re-occurring.

Had Brady been wearing that sort of brace initially, its possible, but unlikely, that he'd have suffered the sort of injury he did.

I'd be willing to be he's got the brace and is using it already.

Here is a link to the type of brace that Brady will probably end up with.

CTi® Custom Ligament Knee Brace

After my ACL replacement, my insurance paid for the same type of athletic brace that downhill skiers and football players wear. Its made of a carbon composite material There is a hinge at the knee. Being that I am a goalie in hockey, I wear my brace even now. Because it does give lateral support to help prevent that sort of injury from re-occurring.

Had Brady been wearing that sort of brace initially, its possible, but unlikely, that he'd have suffered the sort of injury he did.

I'd be willing to be he's got the brace and is using it already.

Here is a link to the type of brace that Brady will probably end up with.

CTi® Custom Ligament Knee Brace

You're, you're not a Cylon, are you?

There goes his mobility. I hope he can make an transition to "pocket passer".

Yeah, hopefully he'll finally develop some pocket presence.

:rofl::rofl:

I just hope the presence of a knee brace doesn't change his "Brady: Probable - Shoulder" status. I dunno... I would just miss it.

It will affect him until he gets used to it. So, Tommy if you are reading this ;) put it on NOW!!!!!!!!!

He tried...but Gisele keeps taking it off.

How about THIS brace? Too much? ;)

The Raytheon XOS Exoskeleton.

Built from a combination of sensors, actuators and controllers, the futuristic suit enables a user to easily carry a man on his back or lift 200 pounds several hundred times without tiring. Yet, the suit, which is being developed for the U.S. Army, is also agile enough to let its wearer kick a soccer ball, punch a speed bag, or climb stairs and ramps with ease.

exo_side_485.jpg

Peyton Manning has been playing with two braces for 10 years and is putting up all-time stats.......oh wait....what?...no braces?....he really runs like that?.......well the point is - as long as he can move 10 feet in either direction and throw, he's good to go.

Hey Bob, please don't discuss these things. What's the benefit?

Hey Bob, please don't discuss these things. What's the benefit?

The Brady Brace comes in Patriot blue with silver trim. It will be a must-have for all the old-timers still playing hoops in the men's league.

Yeah, hopefully he'll finally develop some pocket presence.

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl:seriously.

Honestly, why wouldn't he try a brace. At best it'll give him extra support, at worst it'll hinder him somehow. One thing we know; if he thinks it's hindering him he'll make every attempt to either make the necessary adjustments or go without it. Whatever.

I think Kraft's announcement of The Brace is hilarious:D

I think he "said" it, not "announced" it.

The trouble is, lame news or not, the word "tombrady" causes stiffies and floppies all over the US whenever it's used.

psshh....I just want to know what's going on w/that shoulder.

I think he "said" it, not "announced" it.

The trouble is, lame news or not, the word "tombrady" causes stiffies and floppies all over the US whenever it's used.

I know he didn't "announce" it but he doesn't have to-he's well aware that anything official said about Brady is News, plus it keeps the competition guessing and the ratings high. :confused2:

Kraft said yesterday that Brady will wear a brace on his knee this season.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I must take my life now. It is over my friends. It's been a great ride. Time to relinquish control of the AFC East to Terrell Owens and HIS Buffalo Bills.

Good-bye cruel world!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye