PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Knighton says goodbye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team he has played on had major concerns about his weight and how it directly impacts his performance. Once his contract was up, the team moved on.
Once his contract was up he signed a lucrative free agent deal.
There is absolutely nothing proving attitude problems. For some reason you seem intent on pretending there is.
So your answer is we cut him because while he passed all of weighing here teams he played for in the past worried about his weight so that makes him an attitude problem who needs to be cut. Yeah that makes sense.

DTS have weight issues. Many believe they are better at higher weights.
The rest is bs.
His Jacksonville coach brought him to Denver.
Today is the first time he was cut.
You don't survive 7 years in the NFL if you have an attitude problem and finding an article where he says he feels he outplayed his contract when he did is not proof of a guy with an attitude problem.

You can make excuses for the fatties all you want but in the end it doesn't matter what the player thinks - its what the team thinks.

Knighton felt that he only needed to adhere to a weight clause if it was absolutely necessary. If he felt so strongly against it, he never should have agreed to it in his contract. When a player refuses to adhere to an agreed-upon weight stipulation after the fact that is an attitude issue.

Yes he has never been cut by his contract not renewed 3 times.

Knighton has talent and when motivated is a force. Its clear that teams are only willing to put up with him only so much. Its reasonable to say that if he was disciplined with his weight, he would have had a 2nd contract with either JAX, DEN or WASH.

Once his contract was up he signed a lucrative free agent deal.
There is absolutely nothing proving attitude problems. For some reason you seem intent on pretending there is.
So your answer is we cut him because while he passed all of weighing here teams he played for in the past worried about his weight so that makes him an attitude problem who needs to be cut. Yeah that makes sense.

His contracts with DEN, WASH and here were hardly lucrative.

His lack of commitment to his employer in keeping in shape is an example of an attitude issue.

BB cut him because he didn't play well here and I think it's because they didn't think he'd pick up the 2-gap system. I do not think it was a talent or lack of ability to learn the technique. It was something else.

How did he not outplay Markus Kuhn??? Age really catching up???

I did not expect Kuhn to make this team (seems likely). He's the epitome of a JAG.

You can make excuses for the fatties all you want but in the end it doesn't matter what the player thinks - its what the team thinks.

Knighton felt that he only needed to adhere to a weight clause if it was absolutely necessary. If he felt so strongly against it, he never should have agreed to it in his contract. When a player refuses to adhere to an agreed-upon weight stipulation after the fact that is an attitude issue.

Yes he has never been cut by his contract not renewed 3 times.

Knighton has talent and when motivated is a force. Its clear that teams are only willing to put up with him only so much. Its reasonable to say that if he was disciplined with his weight, he would have had a 2nd contract with either JAX, DEN or WASH.
Not reasonable at all because he went out in the free agent market.
Please show me the quotes from his former teams that say they didn't want him back. Washington did.

41LDUvVZrPL.jpg

I think sometimes what is apparent to us is not the reality that Belichick sees. While he may have the ability to be the last player in the line grouping ... if he is not doing everything he can to play at 110% he goes out the door. Cannot have even one player on the team who is not working to be 110% at all times. That is how I see this cut.

His contracts with DEN, WASH and here were hardly lucrative.

His lack of commitment to his employer in keeping in shape is an example of an attitude issue.

BB cut him because he didn't play well here and I think it's because they didn't think he'd pick up the 2-gap system. I do not think it was a talent or lack of ability to learn the technique. It was something else.
He made over 8 mill in those 3 years.
There is no evidence he lacked commitment to keep in shape. He was never cut until today. Players that lack commitment to stay in shape get cut.
Now you are reading belichicks mind?

I think sometimes what is apparent to us is not the reality that Belichick sees. While he may have the ability to be the last player in the line grouping ... if he is not doing everything he can to play at 110% he goes out the door. Cannot have even one player on the team who is not working to be 110% at all times. That is how I see this cut.
But there is nothing to suggest that with knighton.
He was on a one year deal was beaten out by other players so he is cut. Why dance in the grave by making things up?

He made over 8 mill in those 3 years.

JAX - rookie deal
DEN- 2yr 4m
WASH- 1yr 4m
NE 1y-1.7m

7years, 11.8m in career cash earnings. That is a great living but not lucrative for a top notch DT.

There is no evidence he lacked commitment to keep in shape. He was never cut until today. Players that lack commitment to stay in shape get cut.

Every team had concerns w/ his weight. He lost $300k w/ DEN. That is hard evidence.

Now you are reading belichicks mind?

No but to ditch him over Kuhn at face value is absurd.

WASH did only after the market materialized. Initially they told him no.

Elway also showed him zero love.

This article might provide insight into the various concerns team's had and his view of himself .

Pot Roast pulls no punches: Terrance Knighton felt low-balled this spring
So a player who shows a lack of commitment to his team by not keeping in shape gets an offer any way and that's proof he has an attitude?
Clearly as was proven here he isn't a good enough player to get laid what he was asking for by Denver. That says nothing about attitude.

JAX - rookie deal
DEN- 2yr 4m
WASH- 1yr 4m
NE 1y-1.7m

7years, 11.8m in career cash earnings. That is a great living but not lucrative for a top notch DT.

Every team had concerns w/ his weight. He lost $300k w/ DEN. That is hard evidence.

No but to ditch him over Kuhn at face value is absurd.
He is not a top notch DT. He got paid what guys like him get paid. Then he had a really good stretch of games in 2013.
Missing a weigh in is not "hard evidence" of an attitude problem.
As I said many DTs feel they are better with more weight.

At this point Kuhn is a better player who also may not make the team.

[QUOTE="robertweathers, post: 4703606, member: 5434]

No but to ditch him over Kuhn at face value is absurd.[/QUOTE]
Except the part where you make up reasons.

So a player who shows a lack of commitment to his team by not keeping in shape gets an offer any way and that's proof he has an attitude?

Yes. JAX let him walk. DEN let him walk. WASH let him walk. OAK (his coach in JAX and DEN Delrio) never made him an offer. Hes kinda like that employee who has a fancy resume but has had 4 jobs in 5 years and can figure out why he bounces around so much.

Clearly as was proven here he isn't a good enough player to get laid what he was asking for by Denver. That says nothing about attitude.

Typo...LOL

Hes not good enough for the Patriots which is never just about talent.

He is not a top notch DT. He got paid what guys like him get paid. Then he had a really good stretch of games in 2013.
Missing a weigh in is not "hard evidence" of an attitude problem.
As I said many DTs feel they are better with more weight.

Why did you say he had lucrative deals when he hasn't?
Missing weight means he wasn't 100% committed. If he was so hell-bent on his weight not impacting his play he never should have agreed to the terms of the contract.

At this point Kuhn is a better player who also may not make the team.

Clearly Kuhn is a better fit for the Patriots than Pot Roast. That does not mean he is a better player.

Yes. JAX let him walk. DEN let him walk. WASH let him walk. OAK (his coach in JAX and DEN Delrio) never made him an offer. Hes kinda like that employee who has a fancy resume but has had 4 jobs in 5 years and can figure out why he bounces around so much.

Typo...LOL

Hes not good enough for the Patriots which is never just about talent.
He was a free agent.
He bounces around because he is a role player who believes he should be paid more for his role. He last every contract.

Too much cyber space wasted on this. I'm done

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft