PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Knighton says goodbye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This DT/d-line group should be interesting. We do have some big dudes and all seem to be solid contributors. Would love to see Brown and Valentine take the next step and start dominating more. I'm curious about Johnson if he makes the team and what he brings to the table. The great thing about the Belichick/Patricia defense is their ability to be versatile and give a lot of different looks. We may see guys like Flowers, Mingo, McClellin, etc. moving all around the line and sometimes standing up, sometimes with their hands down. Being able to mix it up is always beneficial.

Knighton couldn't even make the 53 on the Patriots, but he'd probably be the best defense lineman on the Colts lol

I hope they don't sign him

Depends if there is someone worth "sucking for" this year.

I didn't question his character. I questioned his attitude and his fit in the Patriots' culture. Hes been with a number of teams over a fairly short period. Clearly the guy has a problem sticking around.
As I said there is no reason to question his character even if you want to call it attitude.
Nothing has ever suggested that. His talent level does not suggest stud player with attitude problem by any means.

As I said there is no reason to question his character even if you want to call it attitude.
Nothing has ever suggested that. His talent level does not suggest stud player with attitude problem by any means.

You are calling character and attitude the same thing. Again, they are not.

You are calling character and attitude the same thing. Again, they are not.
There is nothing saying you should question either.
The guy just wasn't good enough to make the team.
Pet peeve I find it irresponsible to attack players personally with no cause.

Is this Terrence Knighton guy credible? He hasn't broken any news before. I'll wait to hear it from a more reliable source.

There is nothing saying you should question either.
The guy just wasn't good enough to make the team.
Pet peeve I find it irresponsible to attack players personally with no cause.

His character is fine. He was a team captain w/ Denver.

I am questioning his attitude because I think there is a little bit of entitlement and laziness in him. He can't stick with teams and openly wonders why. He receives very little interest in the FA market this past year and can't understand it. He can't keep himself in shape and only gets into shape when forced to or if $$ is hanging over his head. I think he got here thinking he had a roster spot locked up and coasted. Wrong. I think the Pats hoped they could bring out the best in him but they were wrong.

He is absolutely a better player than Kuhn but was outplayed.

he was getting pushed back in game 2. He wasn't getting it done. No surprise with the cut here.

His character is fine. He was a team captain w/ Denver.

I am questioning his attitude because I think there is a little bit of entitlement and laziness in him. He can't stick with teams and openly wonders why. He receives very little interest in the FA market this past year and can't understand it. He can't keep himself in shape and only gets into shape when forced to or if $$ is hanging over his head. I think he got here thinking he had a roster spot locked up and coasted. Wrong. I think the Pats hoped they could bring out the best in him but they were wrong.

He is absolutely a better player than Kuhn but was outplayed.
Again all things you have made up with nothing to back it up.
He has stuck 7 years in the NFL and his skills have deteriorated. No reason to make things up.

Again all things you have made up with nothing to back it up.
He has stuck 7 years in the NFL and his skills have deteriorated. No reason to make things up.

He was fine last year . Thats not it.

Hes always had weight problems. Hes always overvalued his worth. Hes publicly bemoaned why he bounces around. Its all out there. Its good reading.

For the Pats to think he could learn the 2-gap then see a talented guy like Knighton not have the potential to pick it up doesn't jive with me.

Hes always had weight problems. Hes always overvalued his worth. Hes publicly bemoaned why he bounces around. Its all out there. Its good reading.
DTS have weight problems. The rest is BS.

DTS have weight problems. The rest is BS.

Its one thing to have weight problems and make the weight because you need to.

In Knighton's case, its having those clauses and forfeiting $300k because he couldn't do it or said f-it I'll play anyway.

In fairness to him, he made his weight here.

Look, if you don't want to read several years worth of articles on Knighton's career and the concerns teams have had I can't help you. No use debating.

In Knighton's case, its having those clauses and forfeiting $300k because he couldn't do it or said f-it I'll play anyway.

Look, if you don't want to read several years worth of articles on Knighton's career and the concerns teams have had I can't help you. No use debating.
You'd think he would have gotten a huge deal by now. Worse players have. So definitively room for speculation. Snyder hands big contracts out like candy and he didn't give Roast a big one so..

Your Argument makes no sense.

Your Argument makes no sense.

It makes plenty of sense.

If you have a weight clause in your contract, clearly the team has a concern about it and how it impacts his performance. If they player makes their weight, all is well.

In Knighton's case in 2014 he forfeited $300k in weight bonus because he felt his girth did not effect his play. The Broncos disagreed and they parted ways

That is an example of an attitude issue.

Hopefully Knighton doesn't join Colts Jets Steelers Ravens Bills and become a thorn in our heel.

"thorn" implies something thin and sharp...

It makes plenty of sense.

If you have a weight clause in your contract, clearly the team has a concern about it and how it impacts his performance. If they player makes their weight, all is well.

In Knighton's case in 2014 he forfeited $300k in weight bonus because he felt his girth did not effect his play. The Broncos disagreed and they parted ways

That is an example of an attitude issue.
DTS have weight issues. Many believe they are better at higher weights.
The rest is bs.
His Jacksonville coach brought him to Denver.
Today is the first time he was cut.
You don't survive 7 years in the NFL if you have an attitude problem and finding an article where he says he feels he outplayed his contract when he did is not proof of a guy with an attitude problem.

You'd think he would have gotten a huge deal by now. Worse players have. So definitively room for speculation. Snyder hands big contracts out like candy and he didn't give Roast a big one so..

Every team he has played on had major concerns about his weight and how it directly impacts his performance. Once his contract was up, the team moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft