PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kiper's new mock has us taking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia has some serious talent. I said last year that I wanted the Pats to take Thurmond the LB, and both he and Pollack played very well for Cincy. That being said what if, Mulroney does fall to #21? I bet the Pats could get a very nice deal for that pick, pick up maybe another 2nd or 3rd and move down 5-10 slots and then pick up Pope in the end of the First round. The guy is a monster, has already played a few years with Watson, the Pats have had great luck with Dawgs. Think about it a 6'9" tight end! and that is a huge 6' 9", not some skinny kid. WIth blitzing the Pats being the new rage, a 6'9" TE would make for a nice quick outlet. Pope is a monster!
p.s. Greg Blue in the second round

Pope should be gone, but why do want to have two receivers that are labled TE's?

FreeTedWilliams said:
Georgia has some serious talent. I said last year that I wanted the Pats to take Thurmond the LB, and both he and Pollack played very well for Cincy. That being said what if, Mulroney does fall to #21? I bet the Pats could get a very nice deal for that pick, pick up maybe another 2nd or 3rd and move down 5-10 slots and then pick up Pope in the end of the First round. The guy is a monster, has already played a few years with Watson, the Pats have had great luck with Dawgs. Think about it a 6'9" tight end! and that is a huge 6' 9", not some skinny kid. WIth blitzing the Pats being the new rage, a 6'9" TE would make for a nice quick outlet. Pope is a monster!
p.s. Greg Blue in the second round

AzPatsFan said:
I think you've hit the nail on the head. QBs and RBs bust out of the first round more than any other position.

Actually, I don't think that's true. I've read some analyses that try to correlate high draft status to future success by position. The surest thing, I believe, is a tackle -- a franchise LT body is a hard thing to hide, and unlikely to make it out of the first round. RBs and QBs have been pretty average...they're just more conspicuous than, say, a disappointing DT. (The real killer, btw, is wide receivers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back