PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenbrell is Back (PS)!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh, is the scotch tape holding Dobson's hammy together beginning to fray?

Always liked KT's fluidity and body control. I thought he was going to be a breakout star two years ago. Maybe there's still hope he can contribute.

I think KT is absolutely horrible and even I have no problem with him being on the PS. It's rare to have a player with that much real NFL experience on the PS, even if the experience was packed with dropped balls, body catches, double catches, and "Lloydian slips". At least he's the devil we know.

In his first year in the NFL as a rookie.......

You don't know what he can do.

Why do people want to so eagerly fix the ceilings on players like him and Dobson when they've only had one real season in the system? Players evolve.

They do, and Thompkins could certainly improve. But he's 27 already.

He's older than Gronk, older than Dez Bryant. He's 3 full years older than Dobson. That matters, and it makes him developing into a quality receiver less likely than Dobson doing so.

I don't have a problem with him being on the practice squad because he is familiar with the system, but there are many higher upside receivers that could be practice squad material, so I understand people not liking the move.

meh...use him to rip Goodell's knees up if the Goon dares show his stupid face on a Patriot sideline during the season

I know we have a good second TE now, and multiple receiving backs. But until LaFell is back, Dobson is our #3 WR and Harper our #4. Thompkins can go in know the offense, have Brady's trust and make some plays if needed. That's a good PS signing who is likely to be promoted from the PS between now and LaFell's return IMO.

he ran great routes and mastered the playbook.

Which are good talents also for the scout team.

Did he win many black jerseys? I don't remember.

He never really impressed me except for a play here and there. Maybe being away for a year is the wake up call he needs. I'm not expecting much but I'm rooting for him because I heard he had a tough upbringing.

I know we have a good second TE now, and multiple receiving backs. But until LaFell is back, Dobson is our #3 WR and Harper our #4. Thompkins can go in know the offense, have Brady's trust and make some plays if needed. That's a good PS signing who is likely to be promoted from the PS between now and LaFell's return IMO.

Don't be so sure that Harper is behind Dobson. What has Dobson done in 3 years to make you think he automatically becomes the next man up. I am glad we didn't give up on Dobson and hopefully he can finally contribute but I wouldn't be shocked if not only did Harper make the team he could have passes Dobson along the way. Not saying he has just wouldn't be surprised if he did.

I think KT is absolutely horrible and even I have no problem with him being on the PS. It's rare to have a player with that much real NFL experience on the PS, even if the experience was packed with dropped balls, body catches, double catches, and "Lloydian slips". At least he's the devil we know.

That's exactly how I feel as well. His previous knowledge of our system obviously helped his cause tremendously, so perhaps he's able to build on that a bit. As a whole though, I don't feel that he's ever been anything more than "average" at best.

I just read where BB talks about how Thompkins is a more versatile player now, having played a lot in the slot in Oakland. That's something he did not do much of here.

That's exactly how I feel as well. His previous knowledge of our system obviously helped his cause tremendously, so perhaps he's able to build on that a bit. As a whole though, I don't feel that he's ever been anything more than "average" at best.
Yeah, that's true. He is limited physically. You can have all the desire and work ethic in the world, but there is no substitute for ability.

Apparently new signing Khyri Thornton wasn't at practice. I wonder if they've cut him to make room for Kenbrell. Maybe try and get Thornton onto the PS.

Apparently new signing Khyri Thornton wasn't at practice. I wonder if they've cut him to make room for Kenbrell. Maybe try and get Thornton onto the PS.

Never mind

New Patriots DT Khyri Thornton wasn't at practice because he just flew in this morning, according to a source. Still on the roster.

Doug Kyed

I like this move, KT back to PS. We're lucky to have it. I wonder if he slacked off a bit training-wise in OAK this season. IIRC, he was a off season gym monster last season trying to make the squad, and now perhaps got a little complacent this year #2 in OAK. If so, a good wake up call. Either way, he's returning to a situation and playbook he is comfortable with. Not sure NE could get a better player/situation, more capable to step in for a game or two or even longer, than this. Some improvement is even possible. But as we know, #1 skill for WR in NE is Brady trust (ie knowing playbook, routes, where to be), and KT has shown that ability. Bringing in that mercurial someone else with higher "upside" but not having shown that skillset (and here on top of it) is really more "pie in sky" than a situation and player that could actually help produce W's THIS season in a pinch.

I like this move, KT back to PS. We're lucky to have it. I wonder if he slacked off a bit training-wise in OAK this season. IIRC, he was a off season gym monster last season trying to make the squad, and now perhaps got a little complacent this year #2 in OAK.

Remember that poster we had for awhile who kept comparing KT's workout routine to Jerry Rice?

He was a funny SOB. Wonder what happened to him?

Found the beef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back