PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Kayshon Boutte

I think that play was in Sept. 2021. Boutte broke his ankle in Oct 2021 and has been recovering ever since.
The question then is Can he fully recover and gain most of his elite speed.

I disagree with Bedard. This guy has a ridiculously high ceiling for a late round pick.

Before the injury K Boutte was a first round prospect, the next in a long proud line of impact WRs from LSU.

If his trajectory continues upward, there should be unanimity that he makes the 53, along with DD.

That means they cut or trade BoneyT, a polarizing player who, according to Special Operator Steve B in his column today, is still learning the art of route running. What the…?

That doesn’t inspire confidence. A scrawny track athlete who is not a football player and can get jammed by CBs very effectively.

O’Brien needs to work some schematic magic on BoneyT, but not Boutte.

He’s a football player with a bad ankle and, at times, attitude. Are those fixable?

It is 2 years post-injury and the sports writers are not seeing the burst Boutte used to have. I can only go by what the reporters are saying and it looks like Boutte will not fully recover. But who knows for sure?

I disagree with Bedard. This guy has a ridiculously high ceiling for a late round pick.

Before the injury K Boutte was a first round prospect, the next in a long proud line of impact WRs from LSU.

If his trajectory continues upward, there should be unanimity that he makes the 53, along with DD.

That means they cut or trade BoneyT, a polarizing player who, according to Special Operator Steve B in his column today, is still learning the art of route running. What the…?

That doesn’t inspire confidence. A scrawny track athlete who is not a football player and can get jammed by CBs very effectively.

O’Brien needs to work some schematic magic on BoneyT, but not Boutte.

He’s a football player with a bad ankle and, at times, attitude. Are those fixable?

I don't place a great deal of faith in either of them really.

It is 2 years post-injury and the sports writers are not seeing the burst Boutte used to have. I can only go by what the reporters are saying and it looks like Boutte will not fully recover. But who knows for sure?
I have no confidence in what sports writers see. They see what they’re looking for, and that’s juicy clickbait. Boutte was known to have problems after his initial surgery, question is whether they finally got it right. Answer to that will be on the field not in some writers subjective story. Let’s wait and see instead of giving up on him already.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back