PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Junior Seau on Howard Stern now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opie and Anthony sh!t on hoo hoo

And why do you think they do that? I like O&A too, but their jealousy makes me turn off the radio. Stern's show is funnier now than ever.

Why is this even an argument? Stearn is a man who parlayed low-brow repetitive humor into millions of dollars. More power to him and it was brilliant of him, but there's no need to pretend that he's done anything to elevate the level of humor in the world. Are people here going to claim that conversations with 'Houston' about her 500 man bang were high marks in American comedy?

Why is this even an argument? Stearn is a man who parlayed low-brow repetitive humor into millions of dollars. More power to him and it was brilliant of him, but there's no need to pretend that he's done anything to elevate the level of humor in the world. Are people here going to claim that conversations with 'Houston' about her 500 man bang were high marks in American comedy?

Yes, they will.
I rest my case.

And why do you think they do that? I like O&A too, but their jealousy makes me turn off the radio. Stern's show is funnier now than ever.

I just never found him funny, always liked O and A better. Stern seems to have an enormous ego (they all do, I know) but I don't think O and A are jealous at this point, they have an enormous audience and they're on terrestrial radio as well as XM.

You are not one to speak of 'pretending', since it's clear you're only 'pretending' to have listened to his show.

It's similar to calling Vince Wilfork or Mike Vrabel dirty players. Either consider the entire body of work or don't be surprised when your opinion is considered laughable.

i hold a doctarate level degree and I think STern is a genius os so much for your algae eater comment. Look at what he has built and how he has built it. It is like Ali G. If you ever watch how he does what he does, whether you find it tasteful or not, the guy is brilliant at being a moron. So it is with Stern.

I have a friend who has a doctorate whose dad once astutely observed she was educated beyond her intellect...not as uncommon an occurance as one might think.

I understand what he has built and how he has built it. No different in many respects than what Ordway did with WEEI and what Felger is trying to do with ESPN. Appealing to a moronic demographic is a recipe for success in the entertainment industry. That is the sad commentary on this society IMHO.

I just never found him funny, always liked O and A better. Stern seems to have an enormous ego (they all do, I know) but I don't think O and A are jealous at this point, they have an enormous audience and they're on terrestrial radio as well as XM.

I'm with you. I acutally listened to Stern for a few years, but always preferred O&A. It's just my thing more than Stern. But I am happy for both of them for hyping up satellite radio, terrestrial radio SUCKS at this point and seems to be getting worse.

I would hardly describe their audience as "enormous"...and the reason they went to terrestrial was because of the need to get more listeners and make more money, similar to Bubba the Love Sponge's recent more to terrestrial radio.

I have a friend who has a doctorate whose dad once astutely observed she was educated beyond her intellect...not as uncommon an occurance as one might think.

I understand what he has built and how he has built it. No different in many respects than what Ordway did with WEEI and what Felger is trying to do with ESPN. Appealing to a moronic demographic is a recipe for success in the entertainment industry. That is the sad commentary on this society IMHO.

Wow, you are one arrogant son of a *****, aren't you?

Ok, so you watched one E! Show from about 11 years ago and are referencing it. Kudos.

You are not one to speak of 'pretending', since it's clear you're only 'pretending' to have listened to his show.

It's similar to calling Vince Wilfork or Mike Vrabel dirty players. Either consider the entire body of work or don't be surprised when your opinion is considered laughable.

Knowing about Houston and her attempt at the gang-bang record somehow makes it clear that I'm only 'pretending' to have listened to his show? You really need to work on that comprehension thing. I used to listen to him daily on my way to work. I simply tired of the same thematics and consistently low-brow humor. I like low-brow humor, I just got tired of Stern. It happens, and it doesn't require 'pretending'. I used to love the show 'Law and Order', too, but I don't watch that anymore either.

I never knew I was a moron for listening to the Stern show. I guess I’ll quit, and start critiquing what other people listen to. If I don’t like it, I’ll call them morons.

Knowing about Houston and her attempt at the gang-bang record somehow makes it clear that I'm only 'pretending' to have listened to his show?

Yes, using that singular event to paint a picture of Stern's show's contributions to further comedy or entertainment do make it clear that you are pretending to have listened to the show in any real capacity.

"I understand what he has built and how he has built it. No different in many respects than what Ordway did with WEEI and what Felger is trying to do with ESPN."

That is the most inane thing I have ever seen on this board. Ask Ordway if he would trade Sterns weekly paycheck for his Annual w2. Howard has built an empire and revolutioned radio - even if you don't like his **** jokes you can't argue that. In one year XMRadio went from 90% market shore to pleading for a merger. Howard brought $6Million new viewers to Sirius. That is like Tom Brady winning 15 more superbowls and a Colts fan talks about the second half of the 2006 AFC game as proof that he was better than Brady...:bricks: :rofl:

Last edited:
Yes, using that singular event to paint a picture of Stern's show's contributions to further comedy or entertainment do make it clear that you are pretending to have listened to the show in any real capacity.

That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard on this site, and that includes the trolls. I didn't insult him and I didn't insult his audience. I gave an example. I never claimed it was the only bit the man had ever done.

That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard on this site, and that includes the trolls. I didn't insult him and I didn't insult his audience. I gave an example. I never claimed it was the only bit the man had ever done.

That's like the 15th time I've seen you jump in a thread and call someone's post "the stupidest argument you have ever heard." You got called out now move on before you embarrass yourself again.

I like O&A (and especially boy Norton), but switched from XM to Sirius when Stern made the move. I can listen to Stern for a full four hours, the boys I could listen to for an hour or so before I would get bored. Howard is just so freaking smart and quick on his feet with any topic (from chess to his silly political commentary) he is in a league of his own.

Howard's show is better than it ever was on testicle radio. I listen to O&A on testicle radio now, or free online.

I can understand that people might not like Howard, but people who get all high and mighty about it are ignorant, or evangelicals, or both. Either way, they aren't worth listening to.

That's like the 15th time I've seen you jump in a thread and call someone's post "the stupidest argument you have ever heard." You got called out now move on before you embarrass yourself again.

Advice from you? No thanks. Try reading the posts, though. As I said, I didn't insult the man or his audience. Using an example doesn't = claiming full knowledge via that example. It's just using an example.

As for the "stupidest argument" thing, it's not my fault that people keep lowering the bar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back