PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels Handicapped This Patriots Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, McDaniels doesn't get a free pass. Whenever the defense falls apart, it is always the offenses' responsibility to save it. Whenever the offense falls apart, they let the defense down and even if the defense gives up 100 points it is the offense's fault. These are the golden rules of Patriots football and can never be deviated from. Whenever anything goes wrong, blame McDaniels.

Seriously. I don't get the logic why everyone targets McDaniels whenever something goes wrong with this team. I don't know if it is his age, the fact that he is replacing Weis and Weis has this legend that is greater than what he did, Brady is so infalible in everyone's eyes that if he has a bad game it has to be McDaniels, or that Belichick is such a defensive genius that if the defense fails it has to be the offense's fault.

I have tried to stay out of this thread, but that is a great line. Weis is remembered far more fondly now that he is gone than he was embraced while here.

I never wanted him gone, but it wasn't until all the peices were set in 2004 that there wasn't at least one "what the hell was that?!" play call per game. I also think that many forget (or don't realize) that Weis had his play calling duties stripped by Parcells in NYJ.

Just like with the whole Chad Jackson garbage, why can't people say that McDaniels is a young coach that needs to improve in a few areas to be a real asset to this team? I have been doing what I am for 7 years and I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be, and I am sure the same is true for many others.

Do we really know after just one official year what McDaniel's ceiling is and whether or not he will get there?

I have tried to stay out of this thread, but that is a great line. Weis is remembered far more fondly now that he is gone than he was embraced while here.

I never wanted him gone, but it wasn't until all the peices were set in 2004 that there wasn't at least one "what the hell was that?!" play call per game. I also think that many forget (or don't realize) that Weis had his play calling duties stripped by Parcells in NYJ.

Just like with the whole Chad Jackson garbage, why can't people say that McDaniels is a young coach that needs to improve in a few areas to be a real asset to this team? I have been doing what I am for 7 years and I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be, and I am sure the same is true for many others.

Do we really know after just one official year what McDaniel's ceiling is and whether or not he will get there?

Don't know if you caught the SB XXXV America's Game segment on NFLN last night. Many of us have tried to explain that this is BB's offense (as well as defense) which is run by coaches he has good personal relationships with and faith in to expand, adapt and implement it as he envisioned. Which is also why he isn't going to bring in some OC whose reputation was built in another system or on his own.

On the TD pass to Patten at the end of the first half, the one that gave us a 2 score lead heading in to the locker room rather than a mere 7 points, the play was adjusted by none other than the HC who told Charlie that with McCleon sitting on the goal line the play called wasn't going to work unless it was modified to a go route. Charlie called the play in again modified to a go route. Brady pump faked McCleon, as Patten curled for the back corner of the EZ, and with adjustment the play resulted in a TD. Had it not, Charlie or Brady would likely have shouldered the blame. When it did, they shared the kudos along with Patten (Chief as Brady called him who still made a great twisting leap to secure the ball, keep his feet in and maintain posession through the ground). But the guy who called for a play that could work was Belichick.

That didn't mean he didn't have faith in Charlie, just meant he saw what they saw but processed it differently. If he thought playcalling was a problem in 2006, he would have made the necessary adjustments himself. And maybe he did and even those wouldn't work with this particular transitioning offense.

To those McDaniels haters out there- if he was so bad, do you really think NE would have won the SB anyways? I mean, Chicago's D was better than any of the 3 opponents NE faced in the playoffs.

So gone on, keep preachin' that McDaniels 'cost the Pats the SB', when he would have been partially responsible for that victory had our defense allowed just 28 points in the 2nd half instead of 32.

Last edited:
If McDaniels is such a good offensive coordinator, why is it that there always seems to be one, two and maybe even more threads that are pertinent to his abilities, or lack of them, as an offensive coordinator.

That being the case, there must really be some truth to the fact that , as an offensive coordinator, he really sucks.

If McDaniels is such a good offensive coordinator, why is it that there always seems to be one, two and maybe even more threads that are pertinent to his abilities, or lack of them, as an offensive coordinator.

That being the case, there must really be some truth to the fact that , as an offensive coordinator, he really sucks.

Because they were all started by the same douchebag who by the grace of God has been banned from the football forum. Too bad you weren't around for that :rolleyes:

Because they were all started by the same douchebag who by the grace of God has been banned from the football forum. Too bad you weren't around for that :rolleyes:

Do you allow douchebags into this forum?

Do you allow douchebags into this forum?

At least 2, but they might be the same guy. One got banned and the other one is a sore loser who can't take his banning like a man.

Only 19,993 posts to 20,000!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back