PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Judge Appreciation Thread

h0c2000

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
With one game left on his NYG contract, it's time to acknowledge Joe's contributions to this team. I don't care what terrible things others have said about you on this board. You'll be an addition by subtraction next year for the Pats and that's alright by me!

So, are we appreciating that (hopefully) he'll be gone - for good?
It stands to reason he's the reason that Ryland sucks. And even Baringer has been less than expected.

Though it was New Years and not April fools. :rolleyes:

So, are we appreciating that (hopefully) he'll be gone - for good?
It stands to reason he's the reason that Ryland sucks. And even Baringer has been less than expected.
Yes. That's what the OP is saying.

With one game left on his NYG contract, it's time to acknowledge Joe's contributions to this team. I don't care what terrible things others have said about you on this board. You'll be an addition by subtraction next year for the Pats and that's alright by me!
Had he returned to the team originally as just a special teams coordinator (an area he excelled in), I think he might have been fine. But I think he soured a lot of people last year - based on what came out after the season - and likely couldn't come back from that, even if he was put into this assistant role he's in now. I don't know how well the message is getting across and I'm curious to know how much of their issues really fall on Achord, or how much Judge has been involved.

I think there is an issue with the fact that Achord is "in charge" but then Judge is somehow also involved without being the actual "guy" running special teams. Probably leads to execution issues or just confusing leadership.

Now that Judge's NYG contract is over, he will be able to hold a true coordinator position without voiding his HC contract, so I would not be surprised to see Achord fired and Judge become the actual ST Coordinator in title and fully running the show, assuming Bill stays. If Bill does leave, don't be surprised to see Judge as his ST Coordinator wherever he goes.

IMO - Special Teams still hasn't been good this year but it was an improvement over 2022. Went from absolutely horrible to just below-average. At least trending in the right direction if you want to be glass-half-full?

I see us last on one site ... ESPN for one has us 31st .... hasta la vista Joe.
Changes need to be made ... Cam Achord also .... Matthew Slater you interested?

Last edited:
I see us last on one site ... ESPN for one has us 31st .... hasta la vista Joe.
Changes need to be made ... Cam Achord also .... Matthew Slater you interested?
I see Pats ST ranked #31 in DVOA. I guess we're not the worse.

Joe Judge, the QB:

9k=.jpg

Incredulous Bill Murray GIF by reactionseditor

Hope he gets his own subforum.
Fat Matt should definitely get one.

PHI D was allowing 24.7 ppg but since Fat Matt took over, they've allowed 26.7 ppg and gone 1-2. Dude is a genius OC/DC.

Had he returned to the team originally as just a special teams coordinator (an area he excelled in), I think he might have been fine. But I think he soured a lot of people last year - based on what came out after the season - and likely couldn't come back from that, even if he was put into this assistant role he's in now. I don't know how well the message is getting across and I'm curious to know how much of their issues really fall on Achord, or how much Judge has been involved.

I think there is an issue with the fact that Achord is "in charge" but then Judge is somehow also involved without being the actual "guy" running special teams. Probably leads to execution issues or just confusing leadership.

Now that Judge's NYG contract is over, he will be able to hold a true coordinator position without voiding his HC contract, so I would not be surprised to see Achord fired and Judge become the actual ST Coordinator in title and fully running the show, assuming Bill stays. If Bill does leave, don't be surprised to see Judge as his ST Coordinator wherever he goes.

IMO - Special Teams still hasn't been good this year but it was an improvement over 2022. Went from absolutely horrible to just below-average. At least trending in the right direction if you want to be glass-half-full?

He's also - by Every Single Account Written - a real *******, the clubhouse cancer-causing kind; so he can **** Off too.

#BurnItDown

#FireTheGroceryShopper

#AndAlGroh'sKidToo

#AndAllOfHisSpecialOllympicsTeamsSlappies

#6MoreDays

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back