PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2015 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
When exactly is Roger Goodell going to rule on Sheldon Richardson additional suspension?

Wish I knew. Leonard Williams is playing well, but nowhere near Sheldon's level yet. Look forward to the occasional line of the Sons of Anarchy (Wilkerson, Harrison, Richardson) and Williams. That'll be fun to watch. Especially if Sheldon plays week 6 and is then firing on all cylinders come week 7. :)

Seems like Goodell is hiding away after his public beating from Brady. Not really sure how much of a suspension he could give though as it's really just a glorified speeding ticket at this point. No charges for gun, child endangerment or weed.

Preliminary court date scheduled for day after Sheldon's 4 games suspension ends. Which is also our bye week. Could be one of those cases pleaded down quickly or could be postponed for months. In which case I wouldn't expect much NFL punishment. At least not until legal matters settled.

Wish I knew. Leonard Williams is playing well, but nowhere near Sheldon's level yet. Look forward to the occasional line of the Sons of Anarchy (Wilkerson, Harrison, Richardson) and Williams. That'll be fun to watch. Especially if Sheldon plays week 6 and is then firing on all cylinders come week 7. :)

Seems like Goodell is hiding away after his public beating from Brady. Not really sure how much of a suspension he could give though as it's really just a glorified speeding ticket at this point. No charges for gun, child endangerment or weed.

Preliminary court date scheduled for day after Sheldon's 4 games suspension ends. Which is also our bye week. Could be one of those cases pleaded down quickly or could be postponed for months. In which case I wouldn't expect much NFL punishment. At least not until legal matters settled.
What -- don't you want that moron off your team? Speeding/stoned/evading police/loaded gun/12-year-old in back seat. That's damn antisocial. But then he's a Jet, so ...

What -- don't you want that moron off your team? Speeding/stoned/evading police/loaded gun/12-year-old in back seat. That's damn antisocial. But then he's a Jet, so ...

Depending on how he's handling things (remorseful or not) I actually would be ok with the Jets suspending him if the NFL doesn't. Would prefer him to learn his lesson now before something else happens. Just don't know if the league or the Jets can rightfully punish him for what is a glorified speeding ticket. The "scent" of weed means nothing. The gun was legal. And while I don't like that a kid was in the car, there's no charge for it.

Glorified speeding ticket? He was driving at a deadly speed which shows wrecless abandonment especially so with a kid in the car. He wasn't going 60 in a 50. If Brady can be suspended for the equivalent of jaywalking then this fool can be suspended for putting lives wrecklessly in danger

Glorified speeding ticket? He was driving at a deadly speed which shows wrecless abandonment especially so with a kid in the car. He wasn't going 60 in a 50.

Describe it however ya like, but I've experienced the same (minus the kid). Friend of mine blew past a state trooper going 110 or so. After a night at the bar. Thankfully I forced him to eat a whole damn pizza before driving. Cop chased us around jug handle 3 times (was actually pretty funny). Then pulled in behind 7-11 and turned lights off. BAC was just under legal limit (thanks to pizza). Still got caught but the charges were identical to what Sheldon if facing. Couple weeks later, only had a fine and some points on the licesne. No jail time or even suspension of license. Unless Sheldon has previous legal issues (not including anything weed related), I'd imagine same outcome here.

Driving like that on public roads especially after drinking is not pretty funny or excusable as far as I'm concerned. Slap on the wrist doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly stupid.....it was a complete disregard for innocent lives

Driving like that on public roads especially after drinking is not pretty funny or excusable as far as I'm concerned. Slap on the wrist doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly stupid.....it was a complete disregard for innocent lives

Driving 110 on the Garden State pkwy or Turnpike is actually pretty common. 90mph is like the average.

But yes, it was stupid. Doesn't mean going around in circles wasn't funny. It was like a scene out of Smokey and the Bandit or Cannonball Run.

Glorified speeding ticket? That was one of the most reckless acts I have seen by an NFL player, outside of domestic violence. I believe rather than glorified speeding, it is actually called criminal speeding. It's funny, Goodell is suddenly powerless to suspend and flex his muscles, how fortunate for the Jets. I guess the other 31 teams just got him on a bad day. Those lucky Jets, always getting their way out of trouble. Blount and Bell were suspended for much, much, much less than Richardson. The precedent is there. Just because Brady beat Goodell in court on an entirely different issue does not mean the NFL cannot suspend players for actions which have led to suspensions in the past. And criminal charges/US justice system stuff has never mattered in the past. Amazing how the Jets are treated by a different standard than the rest of the league.

Glorified speeding ticket? He was driving at a deadly speed which shows wrecless abandonment especially so with a kid in the car. He wasn't going 60 in a 50. If Brady can be suspended for the equivalent of being aware of suspected jaywalking by someone else then this fool can be suspended for putting lives wrecklessly in danger

Fixed your post...

That was very rodent of him, but luckily for him, doesn't approach Butt Fumble territory.
Jest suckage is osmotic, you may not have been a total fck up before you arrive, but as soon as you put on that puke green uniform the skys the limit.

Last edited:
Same old dumpster file awaits the average Jets fan on a Monday morning:

Jets’ Ryan Fitzpatrick throws three interceptions, Eagles roll past Jets 24-17

Ryan Fitzpatrick struggles vs. Eagles but nobody is clamoring for Geno Smith as Jets still have huge hole at quarterback

Son of Jets tight ends coach trash-talks players on Twitter, Antonio Cromartie fires back

Where does Brandon Marshall rank among the worst Jets gaffes of all-time?

Ahh, the life of a Jets fan. Ageing overpaid veteran QB reverts to form and throws three picks yet no one wants a return of the second round pick of two years ago who got his jaw busted by a teammate in a locker room beef. Coach's son posts an insulting tweet based on the large number of illegitimate children a Jets player has, Jets player responds publicly intead of keeping it in-house. Jets player makes a play so bad it is getting compared to the Buttfumble. What will next week bring?

Same old dumpster file awaits the average Jets fan on a Monday morning:

So true.

There are bad teams in football -- the Patriots just beat one yesterday. Their quarterback made bad decisions and was inaccurate, the secondary was injury-hit and totally out-coached, they tried trick plays at the wrong time and had them fail. That's football.

What makes the Jets the Jets is that their failures express the Essence of Jet-dom -- no discipline on or off the field, no ability to subordinate one's own good to the good of the team. The only thing to add to your excellent post is that the fans are self-obsessed attention whores too -- they deserve everything they get.

Ahh, the Jests are just a gift that keeps on giving for us Pats fans... Funny thing about the Jests this year is that I would say they have a very talented team with few holes. Unfortunately for them one of the holes is QB and they, as usual, completely lack anything resembling discipline.

I'll be honest. I was beginning to worry that the Jets had successfully exported its suckage to division rivals Buffalo via Rex and Miami via Tanny and were actually going to be just another team possibly being led by adults. The Brandon Marshall play doesn't get us all the way there, but it's a heartening step in the right direction.

Interesting start for the Jets. Not saying they will be good or bad at this point; after two games, it's too hard to say. I do suspect, though, that they have finally hired a GM and coach who aren't complete buffoons. Both handled themselves pretty well in the offseason and actually acted like professionals.

When exactly is Roger Goodell going to rule on Sheldon Richardson additional suspension? If he lets him off, we can be 100% sure there truly are a bunch of crony ex-Jets running that NFL office...not that we aren't already 99.9% sure of that.

Personally, I'm at 101% certainty with a 1% margin of error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back