PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Show Interest In Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangold, Thomas, Rhodes, Brick, Hobson, Leon Washington, Cotchery? Sorry he couldnt do more in one year:rolleyes:

Mangina had zero to do with Cotchery being a Jet. He was drafted by Edwards.

Re: Jets Show Interest In Samuels

I dont see this ever materializing to much. 1) the Pest would never let him go to the Jets in a trade 2) The only way I could see they would let him go to the Jets would be for a steep price of 2 1st round picks 3) I just think this is a well calculated plan by Tangini and crew to cause heartache in Pest land and to try and raise the value of his contract 4) Dyson is a good corner still young and with the trade up for Revis this doesnt make much sense unless if you can get him w/o parting with much compensation.

Quit huffing the gasoline for once... NO, better yet... keep on doing your daily ritual; and start smoking:cool:

Last edited:
Hobson was a Edwards pick as well... funny that the gas huffer didn't realize this.

yea he was a edwards player but guys like Hobson, Rhodes and Thomas developed under Mangini really well thanx to his scheme. COtchery I could see you not give credit to , but developing players some time has little to do with who drafted you. And in one year he has had a really good draft class so the original point still makes no sense.

Last edited:
I don't think the Jets would use a poison pill because that would ensure they give up 2 first-round picks for him, which they don't want to do.

Just becasue Belichick traded Bledsoe to the Bills doesn't mean he is down with trading to the Jets though.

I think the Jets are laying the groundwork for a deal next year if he signs the tender moreso than trying to grab him for this year, because the price would be too steep.

The Pats can always franchise him NEXT YEAR as well...

I dont see this ever materializing to much. 1) the Pest would never let him go to the Jets in a trade 2) The only way I could see they would let him go to the Jets would be for a steep price of 2 1st round picks 3) I just think this is a well calculated plan by Tangini and crew to cause heartache in Pest land and to try and raise the value of his contract 4) Dyson is a good corner still young and with the trade up for Revis this doesnt make much sense unless if you can get him w/o parting with much compensation.

The Pest? What are you like, fourteen? If the Patriots are the pest, then the Jets are like the scum that sticks to your shoes after walking through the NY subway platform on a Saturday night.

Last edited:

The Pest? What are you like, fourteen? If the Patriots are the pest, then the Jets are like the scum that sticks to your shoes after walking through the NY subway platform on a Saturday night.
Hypocritical? Pats fans change Jets to Jest :) , I change Pats to Pest :mad: . Dont dish it if you cant take it

Last edited:

Hypocritical? Pats fans change Jets to Jest :) , I change Pats to Pest :mad: . Dont dish it if you cant take it

The Pest....that is funny

I think Samuel has played his last down in New England. Some team like the Jets will be stupid enough to fork over a first rounder and over pay him. Don't get me wrong, I like Samuel and he had a hell of a season, but to pay him 8 year-80 million dollars? I don't think so.

IMO, at this point, the LAST thing the Pats want is to get a #1 from a team likely to end up with a top-5 draft pick.

That's the first ridiculous thing I've read in this thread. The last time the Pats had a top-6 pick, it worked out pretty well, no?

Anyhow, there's one fraction-of-1% scenario in which the Pats/Mangini connection could help. I'd gladly take Revis-plus-pick for Samuel, if for some bizarre reason the Jets wanted to do that. And I can only say that because I trust Mangini's early development of Revis.

Dont worry Pats fans, if anything I was thinking this could be a positive for the Pats. Could'nt you see the Jets try and bluff so the Pats would have to give him a big contract and then the Pats just either A) up his value for another team to trade for him allowing then to get a beter pick or b) allow him to sign a tender w/ the jets and collect 2 1's

The Jets are like the neighbors dog who tries to hump your leg. They're a pain in the a@@, and they might beat you 2 out of 10, but they're never considered a true threat.

They can have Asante for 8 years 80 million. Sounds like a sweetheart of a deal. Now give us the two 1's

Mangold, Thomas, Rhodes, Brick, Hobson, Leon Washington, Cotchery? Sorry he couldnt do more in one year:rolleyes:

Newsflash for you. Rhodes, Hobson and Cotchery were on the team prior to Mangini getting there. So, to give him credit for them is laughable.

Man, its amazing how some "fans" don't even know the course of their own team.

You should tell that to that whiny loser, A-FRAUD.

BTW, Its always been the JESTS. You New YAWKERS just don't know how to spell.:D

Newsflash for you. Rhodes, Hobson and Cotchery were on the team prior to Mangini getting there. So, to give him credit for them is laughable.

Man, its amazing how some "fans" don't even know the course of their own team.

I know b/c I said that in my next post. Its laughable how people cant read. I know Rhodes Cotch n Hobson were here before mangini. My point was that under mangini Hobson really flourished from an average LB to a rock in the defense and Rhodes has elevated into top 10 safety territory. So yes I would say he has developed them. The original comment that he hasnt developed anyone is stupid. Its only one damn year since he's been here. In one year through the draft he has put Leon Washington, Nick Mangold, D'Brick, Brad Smith and Eric Smith a young safety who I like to be a good player all from 1 draft class. Look at the great Belichicks first draft and tell me all the guys he developed in year one, J.R. Redmond?:)

Last edited:
I know b/c I said that in my next post. Its laughable how people cant read. My point was that under mangini Hobson really flourished from an average LB and Rhodes has elevated into top 10 safety territory. The original comment that he hasnt developed anyone is stupid. Its only one damn year since he's been here.In one year he has put Leon Washington, Nick Mangold, D'Brick, and Eric Smith a young safety who I like to be a good player.

Actually, I can read very well, thank you. Instead of showing how much of a moron you are yourself, maybe you should have stopped to think that MAYBE your post that I replied to was at the bottom of page #6. And just MAYBE, I replied to your post immediately. That doesn't mean I can't read. I read just fine. Your follow-up post just wasn't on the page that your original post that I replied to was on.

OH, and the only reason you said it in your next post was because a couple other people called you on it. So, quit pretending like you corrected yourself.

So, instead of being ignorant and insulting people ... OH, never mind, your an A-FRAUD fan. You get that from him. Just like your lack of respect for the game.

Last edited:

It's hard to tell sometimes if you are jesting or being a pest...:cool:

Actually, I can read very well, thank you. Instead of showing how much of a moron you are yourself, maybe you should have stopped to think that MAYBE your post that I replied to was at the bottom of page #6. And just MAYBE, I replied to your post immediately. That doesn't mean I can't read. I read just fine. Your follow-up post just wasn't on the page that your original post that I replied to was on.

OH, and the only reason you said it in your next post was because a couple other people called you on it. So, quit pretending like you corrected yourself.

So, instead of being ignorant and insulting people ... OH, never mind, your an A-FRAUD fan. You get that from him. Just like your lack of respect for the game.

Chillax my man were both wrong to an extent, I knew Hobson Rhodes n Cotchery were before Mangini. That ***** sperm edwards refused to play cotchery every year even tho he broke a lot of holts receiving records at nc state and he was basically the training camp mvp every year for the offense. Every year newsday would say how awesome he was in training camp and in practice but herm never played the kid. Manigini did develop Hobson and Rhodes, I dont care what anyone says. Just because you were drafted previously does not mean another coach can not make u develop or flourish better in their system. Hobson is a prime example

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents