PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets big win is best thing that could've happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I'll be rooting HARD for them to beat the Stillers this Sunday.

Let 'em go 6-0 and strut like buffoons into Gillette.

Then get their endzones handed to them.

If they go 6-10, it will be painful enough to suffah, but not enough to get a high draft pick.

If the Jets are 6-0 and have beaten the Steelers, Texans, and 49ers, then the Jets are one of the best teams in the league. I am NOT rooting for that.

That said, it was just one win against the Bills. If they go into PIT and pull out a win, I think it's pretty likely we all underestimated them and they're likely to be 2010-esque pain in our asses for most of the season. I'm not betting on it, though. They still suck... just maybe a bit less than we thought.

People, the Jets don't suck. They just aren't necessarily as good as they think. I for one don't expect easy wins this season against them, and think the Turkey Day game will be incredibly tough, wouldn't be shocked at a loss. The crowd is going to be INSANE, players amped up by Wrecks, etc..

What I took away from the Jets-Bills was this: thank God we didn't pay big money for Mario Williams.

People, the Jets don't suck. They just aren't necessarily as good as they think. I for one don't expect easy wins this season against them, and think the Turkey Day game will be incredibly tough, wouldn't be shocked at a loss. The crowd is going to be INSANE, players amped up by Wrecks, etc..

They DO suck.

I give them a 7-9 over/under.

In the meantime, like clockwork, their fans are already planning playoffs not 48 hours after a home win over the legendary Fitzpatrick Bills: :D :D :D

strange things can happen, but we may already know the AFC playoff field - Jets Insider.com Forums

Here's where a more savvy webnik can insert the picture of the movie Joker asking "Not sure if serious".

Are you actually afraid of the New York Jets??????

Lemme set you straight and state the obvious.

They are a joke.

Their coach makes Bobby Valentine look like a sober and intelligent adult.

They are not even in the same universe with the 2012 New England Patriots.

To not give a team, even a hated rival, credit for the effort seen in such
a game as played on Sunday is typical of fans wearing their homer glasses. I just know a team led by BB will not have that attitude.

JETs have a lot of good players and some decent coaching. If the PATs
(that includes the coach) don't bring their "A" game they will get beaten.

Scared of JETs no but that game showed me they are capable of putting
out an effort that can beat the PATs if the PATs don't bring n their "A" game when they play. Do you disagree?

To not give a team, even a hated rival, credit for the effort seen in such
a game as played on Sunday is typical of fans wearing their homer glasses. I just know a team led by BB will not have that attitude.

I fully agree with that. So you can take off your helmet and cleats now, because this is PatsFANS.com.

We're not playing on Sunday.

Last edited:
New York Jets. Living in your head, rent free, 24/7.

Like a thick, juicy steak.

Very enjoyable and something to be savored.

Last edited:
This is all the same old Jets hyperbole that comes out after every win. If they win they are unbeatable, when they lose they are clowns. All this after week one against another team with visions of grandure. By week 8 we will see what is what. Now it's just dreams, easily blown away by the next weeks game.
And as one final note, NO I do not wan't the Jests to go 6-0 or any other record other than 1-5. If they do you won't be able to watch ESPN or NFLN without listening to Jets BS 24-7. As it is they take up 30 minutes of every hour.

They DO suck.

I give them a 7-9 over/under.

In the meantime, like clockwork, their fans are already planning playoffs not 48 hours after a home win over the legendary Fitzpatrick Bills: :D :D :D

strange things can happen, but we may already know the AFC playoff field - Jets Insider.com Forums

I think we will find out over the next month or two that people were wrong about one of the teams playing in at the Met Life Stadium on Sunday and that team will be the Bills.

I watched a lot of that game and the Bills suck. Fitzpatrick was awful and all three of his INTs were some of the worst throws I have ever seen and only one can be attributed to pressure on him. Their d-line generated no pass rush and it exposed their weak secondary that gave the Jets' receivers have 5 yard cushions all day. Of course Sanchez had a good day when he had no pressure and wide open receivers all day.

I am still sticking with my 7-9 prediction for them, but I will conceed it could go to as much as 9-7 and potentially 10-6. I think we will see them be closer to their preseason play than what they looked like on Sunday over the next four game stretch.

What I took away from the Jets-Bills was this: thank God we didn't pay big money for Mario Williams.

Watching the game, Williams didn't look like he has regained his pre-injury form. He had no burst or power.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED to still see "Pats fans" rooting for the Jets over the Steelers.

I watched the whole game as well, and would disagree w/ you about Sanchez. It's one game, but if he plays like that consistently, I think it's clear that he has taken it up a notch this season. His throws were excellent throughout the game, as was his decision-making.

The Jets are a well-coached team with talent. Lots of low expectations based on locker-room strife at the end of last season & an anemic preseason, but both are basically meaningless now. They're a tough out.

Well, it's kind of tautologous to say that if he consistently puts up a Pass Rating of 120 something, then he would have "taken it up a notch this season."

But, I've been watching him for three years and almost from day one he was able to complete the 20--30 yard sideline pass or a crossing route in the 10--15 yard range when his receivers got some separation and he had time in the pocket. I said at the outset that he is a legitimate "NFL Quarterback" and that's what legitimate NFL Quarterbacks do.

I wouldn't call his throws throughout the game "excellent," but simply throws you expect an NFL QB to make with that much time against a secondary that offered little resistance. That puts him above at least half a dozen and maybe as many as a dozen other starters, including the guy he went up against on Sunday. The exception was the end zone pass (I forget the receiver) when he put the ball where only his guy was going to get it.

He showed the old Sanchez with his decision making on the 'what in the world was he thinking' pick he threw early on, but was rescued because he was playing a really bad team. So, I'm gonna wait before saying that his decision making has turned around.

So, if I'm proven wrong in December about Mark, I'll be the first to admit it, but I think we'll continue to see an inconsistent, if acceptable QB, who will keep you competitive in a lot of games but who ultimately won't take you to the promised land.

As for the Jets themselves, I don't pay any attention to the preseason, but I do think the lockerroom is something to worry about the moment things go bad. And, don't overlook the fact that the vaunted D did give up 28 points to a Division II offense; don't tell me it was garbage time or meaningless scores...good D's don't let teams put points up on them even when they are way ahead.

As for being "well coached," I'd agree that Ryan is probably as good as there is on the X's and O's of a defense; but to me at least half the job of an HC is control of the lockerroom and he has clearly failed at that, so far. Jury's out on Sparano. They couldn't get him out of Miami fast enough.

And, as a divisional opponent, I always regard the Jets as a "tough out." I'll be interested to see how tough an out they are against a pissed off Steelers team this week.

Last edited:
Steelers and their fans will be PUMPED for their home opener plus Steelers facing an 0-2 start will juice it even more for them. Look for Jests to fall down from their trapeze, Circus will be back in town.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED to still see "Pats fans" rooting for the Jets over the Steelers.

In what universe or dimensional plane are the Jets a bigger threat to the Patriots going to the Super Bowl than the Steelers?

And, once again, it hurts their fan base far more deeply when they fall AFTER being built up in their minds.

Sadistic?

Yes.

Last edited:
BTW, I'll be rooting HARD for them to beat the Stillers this Sunday.

Let 'em go 6-0 and strut like buffoons into Gillette.

Then get their endzones handed to them.

If they go 6-10, it will be painful enough to suffah, but not enough to get a high draft pick.

Disagree on principle. Rules 1, 2 and 3 of BB's approach to a Season is "Take care of the Division first." A Jets loss is one step along that road, and it would be a Conference loss as well.

And, if the Jets were 6--0 with wins over the Steelers, Niners and Texans under their belts, they'd be a different team than most of us thought they were and that ain't necessarily good.

Let's worry about the Steelers when and if we have to do so.

Last edited:
Well, it's kind of tautologous to say that if he consistently puts up a Pass Rating of 120 something, then he would have "taken it up a notch this season."

But, I've been watching him for three years and almost from day one he was able to complete the 20--30 yard sideline pass or a crossing route in the 10--15 yard range when his receivers got some separation and he had time in the pocket. I said at the outset that he is a legitimate "NFL Quarterback" and that's what legitimate NFL Quarterbacks do.

I wouldn't call his throws throughout the game "excellent," but simply throws you expect an NFL QB to make with that much time against a secondary that offered little resistance. That puts him above at least half a dozen and maybe as many as a dozen other starters, including the guy he went up against on Sunday. The exception was the end zone pass (I forget the receiver) when he put the ball where only his guy was going to get it.

He showed the old Sanchez with his decision making on the 'what in the world was he thinking' pick he threw early on, but was rescued because he was playing a really bad team. So, I'm gonna wait before saying that his decision making has turned around.

So, if I'm proven wrong in December about Mark, I'll be the first to admit it, but I think we'll continue to see an inconsistent, if acceptable QB, who will keep you competitive in a lot of games but who ultimately won't take you to the promised land.

As for the Jets themselves, I don't pay any attention to the preseason, but I do think the lockerroom is something to worry about the moment things go bad. And, don't overlook the fact that the vaunted D did give up 28 points to a Division II offense; don't tell me it was garbage time or meaningless scores...good D's don't let teams put points up on them even when they are way ahead.

As for being "well coached," I'd agree that Ryan is probably as good as there is on the X's and O's of a defense; but to me at least half the job of an HC is control of the lockerroom and he has clearly failed at that, so far. Jury's out on Sparano. They couldn't get him out of Miami fast enough.

And, as a divisional opponent, I always regard the Jets as a "tough out." I'll be interested to see how tough an out they are against a pissed off Steelers team this week.

You really can't draw too many conclusions about Sanchez based on this game. The Bills' defense was awful. They didn't pressure Sanchez and left receivers scarily wide open that even Sanchez's errant passes were not anywhere near a defender.

Let's see him play an average defense never mind a good one. For all the hype about the Bills' defense, they are really, really bad. They have mediocre to horrible players in the back seven and, if the front four can't get pressure, their back seven gets exposed.

BTW, Shonn Greene looked awful too, but the Bills played bad that he played well enough to make the playaction work with the Jets and make the Bills respect the run. A good run defense can shut down Greene because once he is hit, he goes down and he has zero moves other than North South. You take away the Jets' running game and the pressure on Sanchez goes up exponentially.

Last edited:
In what universe or dimensional plane are the Jets a bigger threat to the Patriots going to the Super Bowl than the Steelers?

And, once again, it hurts their fan base far more deeply when they fall AFTER being built up in their minds.

Sadistic?

Yes.

The universe and dimensional plane that I inhabit are ones where any NFL team can be a threat to any other NFL team at any time in a particular season, until proven otherwise in that season. The Jets are in the Division; they are 1--0 and we are 1--0. We want them out of our way as fast as possible. End of discussion, IMO.

As far as the torment of the Jets fans goes, it remains a side effect and not an objective, as delightful as it is when it occurs. We can't plan squat until and unless the Division is locked up, so I don't want no Division opponent going no 6--0, no way and no how.

Last edited:
You really can't draw too many conclusions about Sanchez based on this game. The Bills' defense was awful. They didn't pressure Sanchez and left receivers scarily wide open that even Sanchez's errant passes were not anywhere near a defender.

Let's see him play an average defense never mind a good one. For all the hype about the Bills' defense, they are really, really bad. They have mediocre to horrible players in the back seven and, if the front four can't get pressure, their back seven gets exposed.

BTW, Shonn Greene looked awful too, but the Bills played bad that he played well enough to make the playaction work with the Jets and make the Bills respect the run. A good run defense can shut down Greene because once he is hit, he goes down and he has zero moves other than North South. You take away the Jets' running game and the pressure on Sanchez goes up exponentially.

well said. nothing to disagree with there. thanks.

I'll PM the mods to ban any Patsfan rooting for the Jets :p

Of course declared Jets fans will be exempted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back