Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jets big win is best thing that could've happened

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by drew4008, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bart Scott is already talking trash and the Jets feel like they're on top of the world.

They allowed 28 points though, and although they won big, they got off to a huge lead thanks to some turnovers and didn't really need to play much of a game after that.

With the type of team this is (huge egos, total livewire).. I'd love to see them get full of themselves... will only push them closer to their downfall.
  2. tatepatsfan

tatepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I think @ Pittsburgh, fresh off a prime time loss, should help faciliate the Jets' return to reality (or at least, their version of reality).
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I had a similar thought.

And the game underscored my belief that the Buffalo Bills are not ever to be taken seriously in the pre season no matter who they sign or draft until they earn the right to be over the course of a full regular season.

And Miami is in that same category.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  4. NJPatsfan26

NJPatsfan26 Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

pitt should easily drop these guys back to reality and then they should all know where they stand.

they suck
  5. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

Was thinking the same. Never in the history of pro sports has a team been so focused and reliant on what other people thought of them. "Serve notice to the rest of the league"!!! What a pitiful frame of mind.
  6. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -4

#87 Jersey

That kid Stephen Hill had a nice day for a Rookie WR...lets hope that he stinks
    only against us.:)
  7. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

To each his own, however I prefer the Jets to be several games under .500 and at each other's throats (through the media, of course).
  8. Thirdbasekid24

Thirdbasekid24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I believe the correct response is who cares the jets suck!
  9. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +697 / 6 / -2

#95 Jersey

if pitts o line can block..they will be fine
  10. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 2 / -1

For this reason alone, this win was not the "best thing that could've happened." Not sure if anyone has heard about Hill, but he is about the same physical build as Randy Moss with similar speed. Probably the most athletic and highest potential WR to come out of college since Calvin Johnson. Hill was in a weird system at Georgia Tech and has not shown good route running or hands. So, the fact that he made an immediate contribution is concerning. Adding a good deep threat like this could transform that offense in a hurry.

It is just one game, but we should not take this lightly. Hopefully he'll start reading his press clippings and buy into the hype from his coach and teammates, like most of the other promising Jets that ultimately flame out.
  11. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,339 / 13 / -5

I didn't watch their entire game, but I think yesterday was more of a testament of how bad the Bills were than how good the Jets were. If the Bills don't improve quite a bit from the way they played yesterday, they are going to finish fourth in the division and potentially last in the NFL. That is how bad they played.

i'm not high on the Steelers this year, but they are significantly better than the Bills were yesterday. Their defense will pressure Sanchez which the Bills and their overrated d-line never did yesterday.

I bought into the Bills' hype and thought they would be 9-7 or possibly 10-6. But now after an anemic preseason and even worse opening game, I am thinking 3-5 wins for them.
  12. Silver Blue&Red

Silver Blue&Red Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

I think that the Jest will get themselves over hyped and talk $chit after a big win over a subpar team. The folks at JI and GG are talking superbowl (imagine that). I wont take them TOO lightly yet, but I would love seeing all of their hopes and dreams dashed against the jagged rocks below...
  13. Gunnails

Gunnails Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Jets big win is best thing that could've happened

==========================================

I have to agree. Pitt on the road should be a good test.
  14. fxkane

fxkane Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

The Jets defense (no one can question it) is what obviously jump started their easy victory. The Bills had to play out of hole---pass, pass, pass... which made the rest so easy.

But more to issue here is that the Jets are already a very successful team (in ownership terms) because they are on every team's and every fan's map---and the Patriot fans, if not the team itself, are primo at keeping them on this map. They just love the endless "Jets Suck" threads and Jet features and columns in the Boston press.

In other words the Jets are number one because while wining counts, losing counts almost as much, because garnering the most attention is another way of winning the Superbowl. Which is why Ryan will be around for a good while.
  15. nabwong

nabwong PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Relax guys.. it's the first week. Green Bay lost too. Nothing to do with overall record but everything to do with head to head and how your teams match-up. Just look how we always lose to the Giants but always manage to beat Pittsburgh. Matchups!
  16. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The game wasn't really that close as it seems...it was more like a 40 point beating,there was some garbage time TDs that made it look closer but it really was a demolition.

Gailey may find himself unemployed if this talented front 7 'on paper' doesn't produce,there is lots of money invested up front.

Apparently word out is that the Bills lost their #2 receiver David Nelson for the season,not making it any easier for Fitzpatrick.
  17. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,279 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

LMFOA!!!!

Thank you for this!!! :D :D :D
  18. JJDChE

JJDChE Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it would have been better that they lost since, you know, we're competing with them for the AFC East title.

I do get a kick out of the rationalizations that go on when it looks like the Jets won't 'suck' as bad as people hope.
  19. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

Yeah. Dont think they are as bad either. They had the best pass defense last yr and have only upgraded that position. They will give fits to most QB's and offenses.
  20. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

And don't forget the selling out of their stadium for every home game and all the club seats and luxury boxes. And they have a long waiting list to buy season tickets.

Oh wait, they don't- they had to buy up their own tickets to avoid a blackout.

never mind!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.