PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets are willing to trade their 1st pick for Michael Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather the Jets traded for Turner and passed on Adam Carricker.

As a Patriots fan I like this move, keeps the Jets from "stealing" a player that fits our scheme. The downside is SD gets another first round pick, pretty soon they will have 53 pro bowl players.

:D123456789

he's a restricted free agent. why wouldn't the jets just offer him a contract which becomes guaranteed if he plays on the same team as someone named LaDanian?

yes i realize they supposedly fixed the poison-pill loophole. it's a joke.

Scout.com reports "sources familiar with the Chargers" believe the Jets are willing to trade their first-round pick for Michael Turner.
Turner, a restricted free agent, isn't even under contract with San Diego, but this appears to be a possibility once he's tendered. The Jets would then explore signing him long term. San Diego is reportedly now looking at running back prospects, possibly Penn State's Tony Hunt.

I'd imagine the Jets would be more interested in using their no 1 pick on either their defensive or offensive line. They still have problems in the front 7 since their switch to the 3 - 4.

Would the Pats be interested in Turner if, say, Dillon didn't return? A power runner to team up with Maroney?

San Diego will be a much bigger obstacle for future championships for the Pats than the Jets.

I would rather the Jets use their own pick rather than hand it to a Chargers GM who has already shown he knows how to use draft picks, especially for a RB who is good but not special.

I would say that Mike Turner most reminds me of Willie Parker. He has superb burst combined with power and the willingness to deliver a blow.

Turner has been a beast against the Pats in the last 2 outings.

I clearly remember more than a few mags predicting that the Pats would draft Turner.

That would have been a good decision imo.

I would say that Mike Turner most reminds me of Willie Parker. He has superb burst combined with power and the willingness to deliver a blow.

willie parker needs a lot more space than turner
honestly i think the burner will be a better runner than parker

Great, give the Chargers ANOTHER first-round pick.

I've had LT and Turner in my 20-team keeper fantasy league for a couple of years now so I consider myself intimately familiar with Turner's skills. I normally re-grab Turner with my last pick as an LT backup.

I think he would absolutely flourish as a #1 back and I think he'd be a STEAL for just the Jet's first rounder. I see no reason (in the right system) that he couldn't put up LT & LJ like numbers.

Plus, I would also be sitting pretty in my league (20-teams, 2 keepers each) with LT and Turner in a staring role on another team. :D :D

I thought for sure the Pats would take Turner at the end of the third round then he slipped all the way to our 4th round pick and I thought for sure we would take him but we took

32-128 New England - Cedric Cobbs, RB Arkansas

22 picks later....

22-154 San Diego (from Miami) - Michael Turner, RB Northern Illinois

:bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk