PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets 3rd round pick Ellis already in trouble with the Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
complete bullcrap...the "man" was a 5'8" 140 pound dweeb..and your bat reference is an OUTRIGHT LIE....here...read what Ellis himself said today...and stop printing your weasely lies on this board...

New York Jets News | NFL Football - LockerPulse

When asked specifically what happened at the University of South Carolina, which dismissed him after his freshman year, he said. “I thought I was somebody I wasn’t. I was very young and immature. I was hanging out with a bad crowd.”

I'd love to see the link where you get the info that he was 140 pounds and 5'8"?

complete bullcrap...the "man" was a 5'8" 140 pound dweeb..and your bat reference is an OUTRIGHT LIE....here...read what Ellis himself said today...and stop printing your weasely lies on this board...

New York Jets News | NFL Football - LockerPulse

When asked specifically what happened at the University of South Carolina, which dismissed him after his freshman year, he said. “I thought I was somebody I wasn’t. I was very young and immature. I was hanging out with a bad crowd.”

Hmmm ... not that I really care to defend the rats, but at that link you posted was a story from the NYPost's Mark Cannizzaro:

Ellis’ current issue stems from a fight he had a year ago. According to sources familiar with the case, which is scheduled to go to trial in July, someone harassed Ellis’ girlfriend and came at Ellis with a bat, prompting Ellis to act in self-defense.
Read more: Don’t rush to judge Jets’ troubled pick - NYPOST.com

I assume this is where the jets posters are getting their information. If there are conflicting news articles, then I for one will reserve judgement until a court of law decides this case.

I posted this in another thread, but it probably more logically here:

Legally, that isn't self defense per sea. There are a number of conditions that Ellis must have adhered to to make it self defense. These things are:

1.) He was in imminent danger of body harm or death (this means if he didn't use force, there was no other probable outcome than him being severely physically injured or killed). This is probably the easiest one for him to prove.
2.) The second the other guy no longer became an imment threat, he stopped his attack. If Ellis punched this guy after he dropped his bat or he fell to the ground, it is no longer self defense and it becomes assault. You cannot use excessive force in self defense only enough to get yourself out of danger. Unless he broke the guy's nose and jaw in one hit or the guy somehow continured to hold the bat in a threatening manner after the first hit, it will probably be considered excessive force and negate self defense.
3.) He couldn't fulfill his duty of retreat. In other words, he exasted all other options rather than use of force. So if he could have ran away to avoid the attack or he provoked the attack, he cannot claim self defense. Some states have Castle Doctrines that allow a person to not fullfil the duty of retreat in one's home or place of business, but I don't think Virginia is one of them and I don't think the incident occured in Ellis' home.

Obviously, the burden of proof is on the prosecutor, but If someone swings at you with a bat you cannot just pummel the guy. You can only use force to separate the guy from the bat or restrain him. Use of excess force in self defense is not self defense.

yeah Vinnie "Patrollie"...another bigmouth green puke from J.I. flapping his green gums in defense of the worst collection of miscreants in football history...spin THIS....

Jets draft pick Scotty McKnight wrote vile threats to high school teacher - NYPOST.com

oh those hilarious green pranksters, eh?...just having some good natured fun with a friend...

One of the entries McKnight and Tesoro teammate Sam Smith wrote referred to gluing the teacher naked to a wall, cutting off her feet and killing her family while she watches, according to court documents.

"I am planning on coming in your room late one night while you’re still working," read one partial entry. "I will smother you in gasoline and light your head on fire ... "

Og Jtse Vinnie...right Vinnie?

The Jets will get some high priced lawyers involved and the "victim" will be payed out a small fortune for his injuries whilst their latest draft pick is forced to do several hours of community service.

That's how it will play out.

The point is, this is all way past ridiculous....Belichick is fined a million dollars and our franchise is dragged through the mud by former Jet employee Goodell over the placement of a camera yet the Rats demonstrate a continual pattern of deviance and debauchery that rivals the late days of the Roman Empire with, seemingly, carte blanche...

a drunken, belligerent Rex Ryan throwing the finger on camera in front of teenaged girls..

disgusting toe fetish videos plastered media wide

drunks, deadbeats,druggies...a star quarterback;already accused of rape at SoCal, plying an underage 17 year old girl with alcohol to facilitate sexual relations with her..

ranting,incoherent screeds on an almost daily basis by Cromagnon and Bart Scott...Sal Alosi and Westhoff publically blaming the Patriots for the tripping of an opposition player by the Jets...on and on and on..and now this draft with one miscreant facing 20 years in prison and THIS piece of work threatening to murder a teacher's family, cut off her feet and burn her alive...not a peep from Goodell...where does it end??? Does it have an ending?

Last edited:
The point is, this is all way past ridiculous....Belichick is fined a million dollars and our franchise is dragged through the mud by former Jet employee Goodell over the placement of a camera yet the Rats demonstrate a continual pattern of deviance and debauchery that rivals the late days of the Roman Empire with, seemingly, carte blanche...

a drunken, belligerent Rex Ryan throwing the finger on camera in front of teenaged girls..

disgusting toe fetish videos plastered media wide

drunks, deadbeats,druggies...a star quarterback;already accused of rape at SoCal, plying an underage 17 year old girl with alcohol to facilitate sexual relations with her..

ranting,incoherent screeds on an almost daily basis by Cromagnon and Bart Scott...Sal Alosi and Westhoff publically blaming the Patriots for the tripping of an opposition player by the Jets...on and on and on..and now this draft with one miscreant facing 20 years in prison and THIS piece of work threatening to murder a teacher's family, cut off her feet and burn her alive...not a peep from Goodell...where does it end??? Does it have an ending?

Just good clean fun, boys will be boys, etc.

yeah Vinnie "Patrollie"...another bigmouth green puke from J.I. flapping his green gums in defense of the worst collection of miscreants in football history...spin THIS....

Jets draft pick Scotty McKnight wrote vile threats to high school teacher - NYPOST.com

oh those hilarious green pranksters, eh?...just having some good natured fun with a friend...

One of the entries McKnight and Tesoro teammate Sam Smith wrote referred to gluing the teacher naked to a wall, cutting off her feet and killing her family while she watches, according to court documents.

"I am planning on coming in your room late one night while you’re still working," read one partial entry. "I will smother you in gasoline and light your head on fire ... "

Og Jtse Vinnie...right Vinnie?

Are you trying to make Vinny out to be the bad guy? :confused:

You're the one vehemently disputing listed details of a case without any material to back it up.

Seems like you have some anger problems, why so mad Joker?

listed details? of the McKnight incident? it's right there in the link, all you do is click it...I know, tough for a Rat fan to figure out..

if you are referring to the Ellis case, there is not ONE proven statement that a bat was being wielded by the teen that got his nose crushed and jaw broken, and then viciously stomped into the hospital.There is a link to the Daily Press report out of Newport News,Virginia that reports as much detail of the case as is known

2011 NFL Draft: Hampton University's Kenrick Ellis - dailypress.com

what you are talking about is ,ONCE AGAIN, some made-up details of this case put out there by members of J.I and Gang G, that attempt to cast this vicious punk as some kind of hero. His own statement to the press after the draft contains ZERO about any bat. That link is here also.

Perhaps you should e-mail Mike Westhoff and find out the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes